• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SSPTool

Started by Stefan79, January 19, 2009, 11:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonshardz

I have a gift for you all...a shiny new icon for SSPTool based on Stefan97's avatar. It's attached to the bottom of this post.

As for building menus with DATpacked files, I don't recommend that as it'd take a while to load and might even crash the app. Also, it does work best with UAC off, as does the indexer script for the DAMN.

Stefan79

@dragonshardz
Thanks for the icon. I don't recognize that others might have a nice icon for the desktop to start my program.
However I will include a slightly modified icon (from original file) in next version and in the program's window bar.

@All others
I have updated some things and will upload a new version soon on LEX, after I got the translations (French) from Quesh.

And for more comfort, I plan to implement a fully new version of DAMN Creator/Editor, where you see all of your lots on the left side and the DAMN menu on the right side, and can easily create and modify your whole DAMN menu. The help dialogs will also be moved to a fully HTML help. And of course there are some more new features I will implement. (EDIT: I will use more space or all of the screen for more overview.)
Give me your opinion to this.

Stefan
SSP = Stefan's Self-made Productions

JoeST

that would be fantastic Stephan :) I cant wait to see it :D

JOe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

z

Sounds great to me too.  :thumbsup:  To be able to modify the whole DAMN menu...  ;D

dragonshardz

Sounds good. One thing I've noticed, though: I've been trying to create a DAMN Set for MAS71's JRP, but it only loads one lot in step 3 even though I select all 23 or so lots in the main pack.

Stefan79

Hi dragonshardz,

I have reproduced the problem and found the cause. It is the same like in Mas71 Walls, he do a little mistake with the UserVisibleNameKey which should be the TGI of a LTEXT file but is a string. So the DAMN Creator create an error and doesn't read any more lots and that why you get only one lot out of 23.
I informed Mas71 about this and hope he correct this soon, but meanwhile in the next 1.x version of DAMN I will implement a workaround for this problem, because I think these will not be the last problems with Mas71 lots. So, till correction of Mas71 or next version of DAMN, it will be impossible to create DAMN for the JRP. Sorry.

dragonshardz

Nuts. Is there a workaround for this that I can do with the Reader?

Stefan79

You can do this with iLiveReader, but at the moment I get the answer from Mas71 he will correct his JRP and upload the corrected version soon.
My SSPTool-DAMN wait for the French translation of Quesh before I upload it, where a workaround for this problem is implemented.

So, if you can't wait some days here's the procedure Mas71 do (no warranty, if something wrong!):
- Start iLive Reader
- Open a sc4lot file of the JRP, e.g. mas71jrp01_s1x1_75611768.SC4Lot
- Select the Building exemplar entry (normally GID: 07bddf1c)
- Delete the UserVisibleNameKey property, if there is a string for datatype
- Save the file
- Repeat these steps for all lots of JRP

You see, it costs a lot of time and I think you should finally download Mas71 updated JRP, in case he changed something more.

dragonshardz

Right, thank you for the tip. I'll wait a bit and see if Mas-san updates, but it's good to know this workaround exists should RL interfere.

hooha47

This (along with DAMN, of course) is a wonderful tool.  Thank you so much for your continued efforts to improve it.

Forgive me if this has been asked and/or answered, but is there any way to use DAMN for mayor mode items?
"If you want to have cities, you've got to build roads." - Cake

See all my lots on the STEX
And see my parking lot projects thread here and my mayor mode ploppables thread here

Quesh

Quote from: Stefan79 on November 02, 2009, 12:11:11 AM
@All others
I have updated some things and will upload a new version soon on LEX, after I got the translations (French) from Quesh.
Yes I am being translated, I think finish this week  ;)

Stefan79

Quote from: hooha47 on November 03, 2009, 12:42:57 PM
This (along with DAMN, of course) is a wonderful tool.  Thank you so much for your continued efforts to improve it.

Forgive me if this has been asked and/or answered, but is there any way to use DAMN for mayor mode items?

Thank you!

I will test it back at home and if only the program needs a little bit update I will implement this.

@Quesh
Good to hear you are translating. So I can upload an improved and fixed version next week.

@All
I have - fast and dirty - implement something that might be the next DAMN Creator/Editor/Modifier:
http://www.bilder-speicher.de/09110408816556.gratis-foto-hosting-page.html

dragonshardz

And the funniest thing is that he's playing with MAS71's JRP in the pic...

Stefan79

The pic is more appearance than reality, it doesn't have full function yet. It is only a "feasibility study".
And I'm confident my ideas of the next DAMN Modifier can be done in reality.  ()stsfd()

But you're right I've taken RTMT and Mas71's JRP for the pic and when you look in detail, you see, only the basic informations (TGI, filename) are taken.

[EDIT: I like to use lots/dats that are a little tricky or buggy to test my program, implement workarounds or finally tell the author the bug.]

Stefan79

Quote from: hooha47 on November 03, 2009, 12:42:57 PM

Hi hooha47,

thank you. I posted on your forum: It might be possible, if daeley (DAMN inventor) add/change some code to the customMenu.dat. I will then add this possiblity to my program, so everyone can use MayorModePloppables from DAMN menu.

Stefan79

Hi together,

short overview:
- Quesh has send me the french translation, so I can add them
- Added workaround for UserVisibleNameKey problem and some other fixes in DAMN Tool
- Completly redesigned the DBPF4J and DBPF4J-Ext package for further improvements/updates

Before I release the new version 1.3.x I will add the "Local Root" feature and wait for daeley opinion about the MayorModePloppable option, so I can integrate this, too.  Also the option to change the language in the program will be implemented.

Finally (hopefully) next Monday there will be the new version on LEX.

Thank you all for your ideas, helps and opinions,
Stefan

dragonshardz

Question: How do I make it so the lots in the DAMN menus I make are removed from the default menus?

Atronarch

Quote from: dragonshardz on November 06, 2009, 07:39:54 PM
Question: How do I make it so the lots in the DAMN menus I make are removed from the default menus?

If you want to remove the lots from the default menus you have to check the "hidden" checkbox for each lot at the step 3 :)

Christophe

Stefan79

Hi together,

having spend some time trying and testing the various options for DAMN menus I come to this conclusions:

1) Viewing DAMN menus with Advisor dialog
The options Popups have to be turned on.
The window have the maximum height of 450 Pixel. I have tested the width with 800 Pixel. see here http://www.bilder-speicher.de/09111308861989.gratis-foto-hosting-page.html and http://www.bilder-speicher.de/09111308668764.gratis-foto-hosting-page.html [EDIT]The width can be any, so I give the user the choice[/EDIT]
Can be used in running game.
The dialog disappear, if choosen an item and reappear at the last position in the menu.

2) Viewing DAMN menus in News ticker
The Popups can be turned off, so no more popping dialogs.
The news ticker window can be greater than 450 px height. I have tested also the width with 650 px and it works. see here http://www.bilder-speicher.de/09111308668511.gratis-foto-hosting-page.html
Can only be used when pausing the game, or the icons will be disabled within a few seconds.
The news-ticker don't disappear, so you need a little more space for menu and plop area.

I think both options have their rights, so for my SSPTool-DAMN, I plan to realize more flexibility to the user. You can
- choose which type of DAMN menu: News-Ticker or Advisor-Dialog
- choose which style of DAMN menu: 1-column or 2-column (see linked pictures) [EDIT]Up to 6 columns (you need 1950 px monitor resolution)[/EDIT]
- choose which size of Window/Dialog: News-Ticker width x height, Dialog width x 450
- choose your language for DAMN menu: English, German, French (if it works)

I will change some of the code in the "customMenu.dat", divide it into a controlling file (LUA) [EDIT]damnControl.dat[/EDIT] and a language/design file (LTEXT) [EDIT]damnDesign.dat[/EDIT] and add a new dialog image for the Advisor-Dialog to get the maximum space.
So I hope everyone can choose his personal-like DAMN menu.

[EDIT]Beneath these things the DAMN menu can have more than 50 lots, but these is only useful, when you have more than 2 columns[/EDIT]

If there is anything else, I should integrate/implement, please let me know. Post here.
Best regards, Stefan

shanghai kid

Love the new 2-column choice &apls, as this helps finding lots easier then having to "scroll a lot" to find one that is down on the list, & i'm also gonna wait to do some more DAMN'ing until this new version is released so i don't have do some things twice... hehe :P
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).