• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Using PIM-X to add/change the filling degree

Started by H2Odk, February 10, 2013, 02:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H2Odk

I am in the process of installing simcity. I have installed CAM and want to add/change the filling degree for all lots that are not already CAM'ed.

When the Growth Stage change should I rename the Lot (Exemplar name) to reflect the new GS or will that break the game?

Also, when saving a change in PIM-X it also changes the Query exemplar GUID to the standard Maxis one, is there anyway to keep a custom one?

wouanagaine

You can safely ignore the examplar name change, it won't break anything
I still recommend you change it so you know what you have

As for the query,I'm not sure, I think I made something about it but can't remember what was done and how to do it

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

H2Odk

Thanks for the quick response.

Shame about the query, some of the custom ones are nice.

Kergelen

Quote from: H2Odk on February 10, 2013, 02:18:56 AM
Also, when saving a change in PIM-X it also changes the Query exemplar GUID to the standard Maxis one, is there anyway to keep a custom one?

With the Reader you can copy and paste the property "Query examplar GUID" from the "old" DESC file, to you new DESC.
Make sure to have in your plugins folder the original files that contain the Queries( usually essentials files like BSC_essentials, csx essentials,...)

Links to SC4 websites

H2Odk

I know I can do that, I was just hoping for less work :)

BarbyW

Make a note of the original query IID and when you have saved it go back and change the IID to the one you want. Do that as the last thing before you finally save what you have been doing.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

H2Odk

Quote from: BarbyW on February 10, 2013, 08:01:12 AM

Make a note of the original query IID and when you have saved it go back and change the IID to the one you want. Do that as the last thing before you finally save what you have been doing.
I am unable to edit the Query exemplar GUID in PIM-X

Andreas

Not sure why it wouldn't work, but if not, you can edit the ID with the Reader, too.
Andreas

H2Odk

The only exemplars I am able to edit for a building in PIMX are: Exemplar Name, Occupant Size, Filling Degree and Item Name. The rest are locked.

EDIT:
I just realized that PIMX changing the GUID is a blessing in disguise, because I had forgotten about the RCI query mod. (I don't think that will work with a custom query)

Andreas

Yeah, that's true, assigning the wrong query window might break a few things if you don't know exactly what you do. Barby's suggestion is a good one, keeping track of such values will ensure nothing goes wrong, and if something interfers, you can easily set it back to its original state (as I said, the Reader will allow you to modify any property, but since there's no checking, you have to make sure that you assign your values correctly).
Andreas