• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Two Rivers Valley

Started by Rayden, May 06, 2011, 01:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayden

Long time since I showed a MD around here. About 2 years now. But my MDs comes back in time to 2005 when I first introduce New Haven Harbor , at Simtropolis, then they were called CJs (City Journals) and I remember competing against SCR from Jeronij, or AVR from Darmok or even Green Depra from chocolatemax285. In 2006 I started Els Pirineus , at the same time that other great CJs like 3RR from Dedgren or the multiple CJs Aleking have appeared. There were more I use to follow with great interest that I can't remember right now and would be too many to list them all. Unfortunately, and normally on that time, many CJs died mostly  because of a bad or missing plug-in, and Els Pirineus went the same way. After that I tried several other MDs, by then, I had already moved here to SC4Dev, and I started Little Italy . After that I made another try with Shosaloza I , and played on between with Costa del Sol and Bordertown and my last attempt playing a region was Shosaloza II which I never showed publicly.
One thing, except for Bordertown, all the maps were made by myself, like the one I am now presenting.

I don't have much to show right now, except for the region and a few images from the farming area. I'm using the Italia Terrain customized to my needs and my own Rock Mod. Usually my maps were quite mountainous and there were a lot of things I couldn't use properly like Canals, Highways and Airports. This time I'm going to build all of that. The map is 7x5 large tiles (35 large cities). I would like along the way to have your support and most likely will ask for some advise here and there, specially when I start building those Highways (RHW) and Airports or Seaports.
Also, whenever you see something you like and would like to know what and where to get it, don't hesitate to ask.

Here is the region

and bellow some shots from the first farming development.

That's it for now...

kelis

Great start, mate !! Good luck with this new MD  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Exla357

Very promising start to your MD &apls For some reason I really like how that region shot looks! Keep it up :thumbsup:

-Alex

rooker1

Rayden, Rayden......hmmmm I know this guy from a long time ago. 
Hey Silvio.  Nice to see you MDing again.
The map looks promising and and your farms look great.
I can't wait to see more.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

kwakelaar

Great to see that you are starting a new MD adventure. Interesting region (do I already spot some future infrastructure in the making there?), and your farms look excellent.

Reikhardt

Great looking region and some really nice farmland. I particularly like the the bridge over the irrigation chanel to the farm.
Very good start!  &apls

Girafe

Hehe good to see you back on a MD  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

noahclem

Welcome back to MD-ing!  The farms and map look nice and I look forward to seeing the area develop!

metarvo

This is a good start to your new MD, Silvio!  I especially like the way that you carefully connected the driveways of the farm buildings to the streets there.  Keep up the good work!

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

ldvger

Very nice region and I like the farms.  It looks like you are using Peg's new SPAM mod, is that correct?  I've been watching to see how folks would use this and to see how it looks, and I think it looks pretty good! 

Lora/LD

Rayden

UPDATE 1

I didn't do much today, laid down some roads and filled the city with some more farms. I also did some terrain tweaking and add some vegetation and fencing.

In the meantime population reached 3000 and I was awarded with my "humble" Mayor's House ;)

I also made a small recreational park for my SIMS  :thumbsup:

Camping at night %confuso

Replies

Thx guys for the warm welcoming and nice comments  :thumbsup:

@Gjermund - If you meant those lines on the region shot, yes, those are the RHW that I already layed down, still on 2 lanes version, that will be upgraded to wider lanes when necessary. There is also some rail lines already in place.

@Lora - Yes, I'm using SPAM, but not the mod itself as it is not CAMpatible, only the farms that I had to put them through PIMx and they grow along nicely with all other farms.

That's it for today, I'll get some more tomorrow. ;)

figui

wow, looking really promising.
i absolutely like the map.

looking forward for the next update...  :thumbsup:

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Tomas Neto

Fantastic start, and awesome updates!!!

Rayden

UPDATE 2

Just a small update, a couple of mosaics and an image. The weather was good outside, so I didn't play much.

Thx guys for the nice comments.

Exla357

Hey there, lovely mosaics &apls. Your rural areas are truly stunning :thumbsup:. You could use a bus skin though, there are so many good ones out there ;). Looking forward to more!

jmyers2043

These are very inspiring pictures, Rayden.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

nedalezz

Great couple of updates!

I believe its not neccessarily the quantity of the pictures in the upgrade but the quality, and you get a 10/10 in that regard :)

Its a very good combination of rural towns with wilderness, you blend them so well!

RickD

Your introduction stirred many memories of "the good old times". ;) I used to follow those MDs.
Your new MD looks great.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

jafmo

Em primeiro lugar os meus parabens pelo seu novo MD. Já hà muito que admiro o seu trabalho e o sigo aqui no SC4D. Eu sei que é chato responder às perguntas do costume sobre onde arranjou isto e aquilo mas não posso deixar de questionar qual o mod que utiliza para ter os poste de iluminação nas estradas. E que vedações das quintas são essas?

Um abraço

Please always try to include an English Translation - Robin - Global Moderator.
Portuguese to English translation

Firstly my congratulations on your new MD. Has long admired his work and follow him here in SC4D. I know it's annoying habit of answering questions about where you got this and that but I can not but wonder what the mod you use to have the lampposts on the roads. And that fencing of the farms are those?

A hug