• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BATs by antn.

Started by antn, March 09, 2008, 12:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antn

Girafe and Sciurus, thank you for the kind words. I want to show a new project I've started, it's is a residential tower from Manhattan that used to be called The Aurora, but now goes by the name The Dorothy Ross Friedman Residences.

baconrocky

Wow, I really like that residential tower! will it be a 1x2?

antn

Thanks baconrocky and yes you're right it will sit W2W on a 2x1 lot.
Got a bit further on it, I think I'm close to done with the day scene and can move on to night lights soon. Just some small additions needed, patio furniture on that lowest roof and adjusting some materials. What do you think?

supremec

Wow!! really nice BAT  :thumbsup:
Click on the banner to see my BATs

Sciurus

I agree with my Ch'ti friend ( :P ), it's a very nice building. :thumbsup:

Guillaume.
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

mave94

That is nice looking BAT :)

Terring7

Tall W2W buildings on 2x1 lots are not very common. Keep it up :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

antn

supremec, Sciurus, MrMAvE94: Thank you all, it's appreciated. :)
Terring7: No they are not, I only know of the HKABT ones. Thank you.
So a little update, I've been doing some changes to the day render and still need to do some more adjustments I think but this is soon ready.

And I've started with the night lights.

Any thoughts?

Aaron Graham

I like night lights, but it looks like the night maps are Stretched. :D

Edit: I would love to see you make more of these types of buildings, there's a lot of these types of building in the Big Apple. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Girafe

Looks correct at first glance

before going deeper in my comments, could you post it real pics of the bat?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vester

What a great bat. Tall one. Very similar to the real building.   :thumbsup:

Love to know how you do the night lights!

antn

I've done some tweaking of the nightlights and I think I'm pleased with them, maybe there are some small parts that I can change but I can live with them being as they are.

Here's a new project I started, these are typical Swedish 19th century wooden houses. Each house will be rendered orthogonal, diagonal and in FARR angles, and all houses will be released in a pack totaling maybe 50 bats.

Edit: I Forgot to answer vester, I use a self-illuminated material for the windows, with a bitmap with random shapes as a filter.

vester

Quote from: antn on November 27, 2011, 03:29:01 AM
Edit: I Forgot to answer vester, I use a self-illuminated material for the windows, with a bitmap with random shapes as a filter.

What about a tutorial on it ?

Went back through your thread. Ever thought about releasing the Ferring Tower. Maybe in a updated version with some more work on the roof: Krak.dk - a good source for arial photos. Click on Skråfoto and you will get the maps on angel and not straight down.

Looked at the houses in your last post and thought Swedish, Norwegian or from the Faroe Islands.
Maybe do a more lighter red variation

Swordmaster

Great looking residential tower, there.  &apls

Cheers,
Willy

noahclem

Nice lighting on that tower and good job with the houses  :thumbsup:

antn

Vester: There is a tutorial in JasonCW's thread on Simtropolis for the method, the only difference from what I used to that, is that I let the Self-illuminated material light up the scene. (check the 'Illuminates the Scene (when using FG)' check-box). In this last render you might notice that I have faked the interior too, you can get that effect by rotating vertical elements in PS by about 16 degrees or distort by -16 degrees.

About Ferring tower, I do not longer have the scene file for that, though I'm going to my parents for christmas and I have my old computer there, the file might be on it, besides even if I can find it the scene might be so badly organized that I wouldn't enjoy to keep on working with it. (I fear that my modeling skills wasn't what it is now back when I made it.) So I will look into it and see if it is possible to do that. Thanks for that link, even if Ferring tower might never be there's a lot of other interesting buildings in Denmark, and even in the same area. I like the projects by BIG in Ørestad like 8-tallet and Bjerget. :)

I had to take a look at houses from the Faroe Islands, I see what you mean, but it seem they don't use tiles for roof material but sod roofs and slate roofs. I don't think I will be doing a version with lighter red paint, I want them to be of colors typically used in Sweden and the red here is supposed to be what is known in swedish as 'Falu rödfärg' (red paint from Falun). I think I'm going to do one more color variation, and I'm leaning towards an ochre yellow color.

Swordmaster and Noahclem: Thank you guys. :)

So I'm at the very final steps of the process for the Aurora, it'll soon go to render, though I'm having problems with PIM-X (it's the problem with Win7 SP 1) so I do not know if I'm gonna use the regular PIM or wait for a new version or something else.

Girafe

looks correct,

I would be less saturated above all reagrding the tiles roofs and a little bit for your walls (try a noise with 2 colors for giving a non-uniform effect)  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

antn

The Aurora is now released an available on the STEX.

Girafe: Ok, yes a little less saturation would do them some good, about the wall, I think I need to accentuate the boards rather than adding a noise. BTW, this is about what I'm after http://www.flickr.com/photos/carniz/2785116596/.

DaveN

Great little cottages. As noted Girafe, slightly reduce the saturation of colors and will be a revelation. I look forward to a full set of these houses. I can not wait for them. Excellent models :D There will be a great fit for rural areas.  :thumbsup: