• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fantozzi

Can't comment at the LEX atm. I tried to write there, I guess reflections for SC4 is a very sensitive part. Make the angle a little bit wrong and the whole building doesn't look right anymore. So easy to make it too much, too dark, too bright, too sharp. too milky ... and and and.

Sometimes it's almost unbelievable that you always hit it at the point. For each and every building of this kind, with massive glass, you always hit the small median that makes up the perfect reflection, where all aspects are in balance.

I don't know any other batter reached championship in so many fields.

Look at this glass!  :o :o :o Look ...

As if these aren't made from pixels but from black tourmaline.

Makes me feel I'm privileged to play a game with this building as content.

Thank you, Master Matt. 

c.p.

I like all the buildings in this latest round, but the last building with its super-sharp detailing is jaw-dropping.
In addition to the great glass, there are so many details that are only a pixel or so wide and they all came out perfectly, (which takes a lot of practice and/or ingenuity.) &apls

mattb325

Thanks guys for the lovely comments  ;D

This might be a bit of an anti-climax after the last few. This one is to ensure the low density areas get some CS$$ hotel love  /&HiPP/%

Tyberius06

Really nice hotel, it gaves me ideas. Somehow most of your recently showed/released buildings gave me ideas! :)
Great job on these!  &apls &apls

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

PaPa-J

Nice model, good size lot as well.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Ramona Brie

Very nice indeed!

Andreas

I love that one, including the name. It sounds so inviting, and you expect a nice view on the garden, but all you get is the lovely sight of a bland parking lot. $%Grinno$%
Andreas

mattb325

The real one I modeled it on is also marooned in an even larger sea of asphalt  ;D

@Kitsune

Hopefully this Travelodge is more like the one you remember. I have taken liberties and tarted the building up a bit, but it is still recognisable....

It makes for an interesting corner building and will double as W2W or standalone.

gutterclub

Ah good old Travelodge! This is wonderful, you've nailed their 'style'.was thinking of doing a low/mid rise one myself..

Kitsune

very nice ! Does look like the real thing :)
~ NAM Team Member

mattb325

Thankyou gutterclub and kitsune...who'd have thought there would be a day when the words 'style' and 'Travelodge' could exist in the same sentence...

Another 90's post-modern thing. For lovers of buildings with absolutely no right angles. The Mercure Hotel, Central Station, Sydney.

Edit...also released the Amora Hotel a few days ago

here: https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/32875-amora-hotel-sydney/

Tyberius06

Hi!

These hotels look really nice! I like these wierd angles. Thanks for making this series of hotels!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Kitsune

really nice ! And your turning lanes are on the wrong side :P
~ NAM Team Member

PaPa-J

Really nice work! And I agree, your turning lanes are wrong. LOL  ;D
smile more, laugh more,
about things.

fantozzi

For Sydney, Australia? Why?

art128

Love that little building. It breaks up the square feeling of the game. Nice.
Its common design will fit perfectly in my cities centers.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

matias93

Some chance to see it on a 1x1 FA lot? At first sight, it looks perfect for that.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

mattb325

Thanks - the angles won't work with FAR (the wall angles are 12, 57, 76, 8 degrees....all over the place (!))but certainly there is nothing stopping it from being turned into an overhanging prop.

The crosstown hotel is available for download:

Here:
https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3826

PaPa-J

I don't see how you keep putting these out so fast.  But hey, that's okay, you keep spitting them out and I'll keep downloading.  :thumbsup:
smile more, laugh more,
about things.

rooker1

Amazing work as well. There are certain BATters out there that make me want to play again......you are definitely one them my friend! &apls
Call me Robin, please.