• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gutterclub

Hey mate, love the new building..but I think I'm being stupid...Did you make this in Blender or Max? Anyone know if Blender has the same rendering capabilities as Max i.e Mental Ray materials?

911Diva

Love all the new files!!  Great work!!  Thanks so much. &apls &apls &apls

art128

Very neat looking office building. Would definitely love a straight version if possible but I can work with the diagonal one anyway. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

c.p.

Thank you for all the great downloads.  I'll have to take a week off just to catch up downloading/installing it all :D

mattb325

Thanks guys!

Just answering a couple of points:
@art128, I'll see what I can do with making an ortho version (plus a more modern recycling ctr);

@gutterclub, I have got it into blender, but this was made in 3dsmax. In blender it looks like this (probably because I am a total noob with blender, having only just downloaded it - and even then the wrong version - a few days ago and have still to read the manual  %confuso ):

want big make click you now

I assume it will be useless as this, but I'm sure that the brains trust will be able to figure something out when the time comes.

Anyway, still getting through the back log of releases, and will spend some time this weekend trying to write readme-s and so on.

Here's another one released:

click to embiginate

Available here:
https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3769

Hopefully more to come soon....

Silur

We got another masterpiece. I admire this concise and impeccable style from mattb325!  Thank YOU!!! :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls

fantozzi

:angrymore: How I hate this thread!  :angrymore:
Gives me the feeling of high speed aging. When I'm away a week or two away and come back it feels like one or two years did pass.

Or mabye like this:
In summer 2002 we had a flood called hundred year flood. Thanks to climatic change in 2013 happened the same. So we had two "hundert year floods" in ten years. From the average artist you would expect one or two masterpieces in a lifetime. But not one or two masterpieces every month! Hua Seng Enterprises looks amazing. Then comes a so called "little side project" but this looks stunning too. Now, what this would be in meterologic terms? A "little side hundred years flood"?  :shocked2: 

mattb325

Thanks guys  :thumbsup:

Quote from: fantozzi on February 22, 2019, 10:50:47 PM
:angrymore: How I hate this thread!  :angrymore:

Lol, me too. But rather than a flood, I liken this thread more to age-related incontinence: dribbling out uncontrollably and making a stinking mess :P

Another one for the pile.

Clicky, clicky...I dare you

The big mo-fo high school is released. In the picture above for the FAR-3 version you can see I have used many park and filler pieces to create a C:S style lot arrangement, or you can just use the pre lotted 12x12 version.

It's available here: https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3770

911Diva

Great files again!!  Thanks! :bnn: :bnn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

tomvsotis

Quote from: gutterclub on February 20, 2019, 12:22:18 PM
Hey mate, love the new building..but I think I'm being stupid...Did you make this in Blender or Max? Anyone know if Blender has the same rendering capabilities as Max i.e Mental Ray materials?
For the record: no. Blender has no support for Mental Ray. As of 2.79, there's a PBR shader for Cycles, so you can prob recreate your Mental Ray materials for use w Blender, but you'd have to do it manually.

art128

Excellent, thank you!

BTW, congrats on 2000 replies in your thread!  &apls &apls

Props & Texture Catalog

mattb325

Thanks guys! I hadn't realised we'd reached 2000, and so neatly at the start of the page  :bnn:

Another one is uploaded:

To signal driver, click once

Available here: https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3771

art128

Oh yes I was waiting for this one. Nice.

Props & Texture Catalog

Ramona Brie

Everything is excellent!

What's left? I know one of the museums is... Anything I'm missing?

PaPa-J

Thanks Matt! Love the latest works.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Seaman

Omg this one is beautiful! The lowered section, the composition of the greenery... I need to use FAR roads more often!

That's another +1 from me.

metarvo

I remember years ago someone published an excellent tutorial on city building which included tips for developing diagonal areas (though I can't for the life of me remember who).  They noted that they weren't going to cover FAR because FAR buildings were few and far ( ;D ) between; I wonder what they would think now if they were to look through this thread and see the beauty we've been given over the past few months?

Of course, you've gone the extra mile (or kilometer) and created not only FAR buildings but also FAR lots — there is a big difference.  That dream of having a seemingly built-up FAR/diagonal downtown is this much closer to realization.  I feel like I'm in a candy store here, looking at all the goodies.  This museum is no exception.  The careful, detailed use of glass adds a lot to the structure's feel.  Thanks Matt, and keep up the good work!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mattb325

Thanks all

So I have uploaded the last of the FAR-3 pack lots.

The eye-candy car park lots:

Here:
https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3772

And the museum lot:

Cliquez bébé s'il vous plait

Here:
https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3773

Now I can focus on starting to clear the rest of the backlog..... :'(

Tyberius06

Thank you, Matt!
Really nice work, great job!  &apls &apls
I really appreciate that you made these buildings and shared them.

- Tyberius06
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

metarvo

It's hard to imagine there would even be a backlog, as many buildings as you've already released.  If this is indeed the case... a flood is on the way and I should begin leaving spaces for development and planning to press that download button.

New museums in general are rare BATs, and yet almost every city IRL has at least one, so this is quite a welcome sight.  Ever since the FAR building series started, though, I think the parking lot is the one I've anticipated the most.  The visual connection to the road just makes it.  Nice work Matt!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.