• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your games oddities

Started by TheTeaCat, November 27, 2006, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike3775

Quote from: mrbisonm on November 16, 2011, 09:17:03 PM
Not really a game oddity, but....
I guess I' missing a farmfield prop......lol.....so I called this part of my Citytile, "Boxtown or Boxton". ;

Fred

giftville fits also, with all those nicely wrapped boxes

Wiimeiser

Quote from: FrankU on November 17, 2011, 12:30:01 AM
Reminds me of the fact that we can do a lot of fun things with farm fields. Why not a farm looking like a shopping mall with a parking lot as farm field? A prop family of parked cars on the lot and there we go!
I might just do it for fun.....
Do it, I'd probably use it.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

carlfatal

Hi mrbisonm,
this is sooo cool, seems like it is a real cornflakes farm, grows in packages ready for sell! Perfect!  :D
Greetz, Carl

Lowkee33

Look like some fun things happening there Haljackey.  Nice textures on the numbers  :P.  When fun things go wrong...

Dantes

Oh my GOD  :'( It is Laser Attack by UFO  :D

art128

it looks like some lasers are fired from the ground... xD
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mike3775

Independence Day has arrived for Lowkee  :)

Lowkee33

It totally is a laser attack!  :D

You know the glitch when a model doesn't have a FSH (the green/red/black square things)?  Well, that is what those are.  They are also spinning around very fast, sometimes shooting bands of grey straight up.

It's a black hole night club.

2557+Cards

I got bored, so I played the Getting Started Tutorial. Something I downloaded caused the commercial zone to lay out like in the picture, which had this result when I tried to place the fire station:

Edit - Here, I have posted the correct link for you. - Arthur/Moderator

Wiimeiser

Quote from: 2557+Cards on January 29, 2012, 06:49:00 PM
I got bored, so I played the Getting Started Tutorial. Something I downloaded caused the commercial zone to lay out like in the picture, which had this result when I tried to place the fire station:

Image seems to be broken
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

j-dub

Okee Dokee Lowkee! That's what a certain Pony always says, but speaking of which...

I guess he wanted to get up close to Miss Sparkle that bad, because he did not disappear after stepping over into the cement. Usually they all do. Unfortunatley I have no real way to prove it, since I was not filming it. And no, as far as I know of, MLP Friendship is Magic prop packs are not yet already available for SC4, except the region stuff. I only got Twilight rendered, the others still need to be seriously modified for this game, and that will be awhile.

@Terring7 What the heck did they drive into?

art128

Anyone for some potato trains?

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kassarc16

WannGLondon

Quote from: Original on April 25, 2011, 08:21:57 PM
I tried removing this house, but it just won't budge!

This was definitely one of the first houses built in my city... This area used to be farmland until I built a highway and it became a bustling area... This resident REFUSES TO MOVE!!! His house won't even become abandoned!!!  $%Grinno$%

Hahahahhah I know this was posted a long time ago, but I think this is hilarious. I've had this happen to me before, but with civic or landmark buildings, never a zoned place hahaha.
Call me Warren.

mike3775

Quote from: WannGLondon on May 15, 2012, 06:11:55 PM
Quote from: Original on April 25, 2011, 08:21:57 PM
I tried removing this house, but it just won't budge!

This was definitely one of the first houses built in my city... This area used to be farmland until I built a highway and it became a bustling area... This resident REFUSES TO MOVE!!! His house won't even become abandoned!!!  $%Grinno$%

Hahahahhah I know this was posted a long time ago, but I think this is hilarious. I've had this happen to me before, but with civic or landmark buildings, never a zoned place hahaha.

Where I live, when they put in I-94 through my area in the 1950's with the interstate highway act, there was a house that the owner refused to sell, so they had an cloverleaf ramp built right on two of his property lines and the old man lived there until he died in 1995.  For 40+ yrs, his property was nothing but a patch of grass, a small bush(the state would not allow him a tree as it would block the views) , and his back yard and side yard were basically 2 small strips of grass with a chain link fence next to a concrete off ramp.

The house was finally torn down when he died and his family sold the property to a fireworks business, which also purchases adjoining property to build a fireworks store.

hkboondoggle

Looks like we've got emergency situation in the station.

Silur

Once more about STR:

Yes, I must waiting Mr. David here ...

jdenm8

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley