• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your games oddities

Started by TheTeaCat, November 27, 2006, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdenm8

No, I think me means Custom Airport in the traditional sense (self-contained, upgrading lot)

I think that happens because the game looks for the presence of a particular Maxis Airport

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

dahemac

legoman786:
QuoteNot to nit pick, but it's built. Not builded.

I'd say if you've got any nits you ought to pick them.

Exla357

I have a workaround for the functional airport deal:
1: Build your custom airport.
2: Make sure advisers WANT an airport.
3: Open the small landing strip in the Lot Editor.
4: Delete the whole thing and then just add a 1x1 lot with regular texture.
5: Hit save, NOT SAVE AS.
6: When you plop the landing strip in-game, it will be your 1x1 lot (in theory) and will have the same economic boost, etc.
7: Hopefully this will shut your advisers up.

-Alex

Terring7

666, the number of the Beastus

;D ;D ;D
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

dahemac

Ok, this was a bit freaky to find I can tell you.

c0rnh0li0

Beats the heck outta crop circles.

jacksunny

Quote from: dahemac on June 21, 2011, 12:28:20 PM
Ok, this was a bit freaky to find I can tell you.

???  ???  ??? I have never ever seen anything like that before.

Nego

@dahemac: That happened to me once. It was nasty. :P

dahemac

It isn't any kind of permanent problem. For reasons I have not been able to sus, I get wrong images alot. Changing zoom or rotating can fix it. The same thing will not look like that if i work on another area and come back later.
See...

Wiimeiser

Looks like it loaded textures from a nearby sim.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Risu

This thread is pure aweome crack.

sim-al2

Quote from: Terring7 on June 20, 2011, 12:04:54 PM
666, the number of the Beastus

Best wordplay ever...

()flamdev()
Quote from: dahemac on June 21, 2011, 12:28:20 PM

??? That's certain a very...interesting...texture it choose...
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

jacksunny

I have a couple oddities:

Plopping this was a mistake. There is no way to get it to move. I have tried dragging every transportation network over it, in every direction. I zoned land on it and dezoned, tried plopping buildings, but nothing. It says it is a reversed tile. Raising the terrain results in this: 

And this is an interesting Waste Management Facility:

That building appears when I plop the lot. I don't think it is supposed to be there.

j-dub

Well, IDK if those are suppose to be dumpsters, but in terms of scale, if the recycling center was there instead, you see how those WM's are taller then that garage door on the building. Sometimes though, when something is missing, I noticed the game does not always use brown boxes, it puts a building there instead. Sadly some lots are non destructible. I have had issues with Maxis stuff like the grand central train station turning indestructible, and you can no longer even drag the network through. This is why I play without auto reconcile on, because reconcile can over react and seriously mess stuff up. There was a download marketed on the STEX as the lot that destroys non destructible buildings. You can try that, but I don't know if it really works. In this case, your dealing with a transit enabled ground-alterer.

dahemac

When I have lots that wont go away I plop a police kiosk on them then demolish that. Has worked so far.

jacksunny

Quote from: dahemac on June 22, 2011, 07:21:44 PM
When I have lots that wont go away I plop a police kiosk on them then demolish that. Has worked so far.
I'll try that.

Quote from: j-dub on June 22, 2011, 01:57:11 PM
There was a download marketed on the STEX as the lot that destroys non destructible buildings. You can try that, but I don't know if it really works. In this case, your dealing with a transit enabled ground-alterer.
I'll look for that too, although like you said, it is not really a building so it might not work.

Ramona Brie

It looks like a prop issue, and that looks like a Maxis building.

What download is it?

P.S. Look for RippleJet's Immortality Killer.

Nego

Quote from: Tracker on June 22, 2011, 09:49:07 PM
Immortality Killer.

That's like an oxymoron. :P Good luck getting rid of that indestructible "building". This has happened to me quite a few times before. Not fun.

Wiimeiser

For some reason, if you place road parking Cul-de-sacs next to each other it creates a glitched FAR. The lot(s) affected can only be destroyed by using the immortality killer and following up by placing a bus stop on it. Anyone else seen this?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

frdrcklim

Quote from: Wiimeiser on June 23, 2011, 03:10:45 AM
For some reason, if you place road parking Cul-de-sacs next to each other it creates a glitched FAR. The lot(s) affected can only be destroyed by using the immortality killer and following up by placing a bus stop on it. Anyone else seen this?

immortality killer? man, am i slow on news now :-[. that will really be helpful. okay, i'm gonna check if there's another NAM :P. I need to be on more.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.