• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your games oddities

Started by TheTeaCat, November 27, 2006, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

canyonjumper

I had that problem. I killed it using the No Maxis Mod. Best decision ever.
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Ramona Brie

A foreclosure in Sanriku Springs, Austin:

(BTW, what causes the crosshatching on the driveway there?)

jmyers2043

The reason is because the games graphics is trying to determine whether to display the driveway or the ground that lays beneath the drive. The drive is a prop and not a base or overlay texture. Go to the lot editor and raise the driveway up 1 or two clicks. It will not completely stop it but will make it less likely.

The real answer is to redo the lot trying to find a base or overlay texture for the drive instead of a prop.

Good Luck

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Nego

@Tracker: Coit Towers used to grow all the time in my cities, but removing CAM seems to have fixed the problem. I fact, removing CAM seems to have fixed a lot of things.

Ramona Brie

Quote from: Nego on March 16, 2011, 05:01:23 PM
@Tracker: Coit Towers used to grow all the time in my cities, but removing CAM seems to have fixed the problem. I fact, removing CAM seems to have fixed a lot of things.

RippleJet made a Coit Tower blocker someone referred me to.

In regards to the homes...

...the affected models are SG homes Greg's Place, maybe Röd Stuga too. They're in that line. There's one more too.

dahemac

Ummm... Too many sims showed up for work?

dahemac

I posted one like this a while ago, but I think this takes the cake for occasional display errors.

j-dub

What in the world caused that graphical error!? :o Well, while I'm here, I got a different kind of oddity, but City related.

See? That road is too short of a distance for that, not to mention while the roads may be wide to accommodate parking, the have real sharp corners, but technically SC4 did at first too. However there used to be this parking lot in reality I knew of that they reused a speed limit 45 sign, and only whited out the 4, that was weird though.

Haljackey

Industrial zone with an arrow?  ()what()

io_bg

Quote from: Haljackey on April 03, 2011, 09:10:58 AMIndustrial zone with an arrow?  ()what()
That's not an oddity at all, you just have to hold Ctrl while zoning ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Nego

io_bg is exactly right. In fact, that's how I do all of my industrial zoning (besides agriculture). BTW, that's an awesome looking industrial zone you have growing there, Haljackey! :thumbsup: It's inspirational (in a way...).

j-dub

Yeah, and residential zones can be grown at 7x7, I only had one full neighborhood lot to grow though, that and the Lot Editor only allows residential to grow so big.

It is irritating you know the fact how that in the .exe programing they locked zoning without the arrows out though, kind of suspicious that the arrows show up after holding Ctrl down, not before.

I also noticed that when certain industrial buildings only have the access arrows spawn only after the building has grown there, after turning the zone view only on, which I do not really like to do, because it lags turning off.

louistsw

Some driver version also lead to this problem...
I think v260.99 is the best now ()sad()
A lazy fox (=^ω^=)

Canidae Inu Republic League
犬科大犬和民共和國聯盟

TiFlo

I was having similar problems with the drivers available through nvidia. Last week I went onto laptopvideo2go, downloaded their 270.51 version and installed it on my W7 x64. Running a 9800GTX+, everything seem to be fine again.

Nanami

I find this in indonesian site:
  %confuso

jacksunny

HAHA leaning tower of ... uh ... SimCity???  :D

peter007

Hahaha.

You wanted to redo Pisa?

Well you have to know that you're on the good way  :D

Terring7

A warehouse of the future, with antigravity engines ;D

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

jacksunny

Works fine until they have to put something in it  &mmm