• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your games oddities

Started by TheTeaCat, November 27, 2006, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samerton

There seems to have been a spillage of cream...

()what()

Nego

@samerton:Maybe it's snow. Pine trees tend to grow up north (where it snows)...

Ahhh!!! Another texture glitch!

How many Pizza Kings does this town need?!

And just because you read something, doesn't mean it's true...(Click for full)

wwecruz

Your demand is through the roof!  :D

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

MandelSoft

Maybe the demand is divided by zero, which means the result can be any number between infinite and minus infinite...  :P
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

JoeST

Quote from: mrtnrln on February 14, 2011, 08:43:12 AM
Maybe the demand is divided by zero, which means the result can be any number between infinite and minus infinite...  :P
I believe you mean it is undefined, its not even a number.

*mathgeek*

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

north country dude

@Nego: Do you have the old Railyard Textures in your plugins? That may be the cause for the texture glitch. As for the Pizza King franchise, who doesn't like Pizza? (I think it's a subsidiary of NOM-NOM Foods Ltd. As seen on those late night infomercials.)
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most fools do. But it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving." -Dale Carnegie

Nego

QuoteAs for the Pizza King franchise, who doesn't like Pizza?
Well... Me? ;D Yes, I actually don't like pizza. I know what you're all thinking: "Oh, Nego! You're such a horrible person! How can you not like pizza?" Just kidding. I know you wouldn't say that.

As for the old Railyard Textures, may I ask for more information? I think (hope) this is causing the problem (so I can stop it from happening again easily). Thanks!

north country dude

Quote from: Nego on February 14, 2011, 12:46:10 PM
Well... Me? ;D Yes, I actually don't like pizza. I know what you're all thinking: "Oh, Nego! You're such a horrible person! How can you not like pizza?" Just kidding. I know you wouldn't say that.

As for the old Railyard Textures, may I ask for more information? I think (hope) this is causing the problem (so I can stop it from happening again easily). Thanks!

If you have Rail Yard and Spur Textures Mega Pack 1 (STEX link: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=15976 ), or some even older sets that were combined into the Mega Pack in your Plug-ins, it may cause a graphical glitch. The textures shown look like those used in those texture packages.

Rail Yard and Spur Mega Pak 1 version 2 (STEX link: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=22325 LEX link: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2177 )

...has this explanation:
Quote**VERSION 1.02 NOTES:

These are the very same textures that were released back in 2006, with ONE exception: They have a different TGI number. The reason for this re-release is that the original TGI numbers used "0" as a wealth indicator which may or may not cause a problem when the Lot using the original textures became abandoned, the rail textures on the Lot then became "randomized",...sometimes,...not a big problem if the Lot was a Rail Station, but on Industrial Lots that are 'plopped' it would cause some visual discrepancies,...no game crashes, just the Lot looked odd after abandonment,...solution then was to re-plop the Industrial Lot.

In VERSION 1.02, the wealth indicator was given the value "4" which would prevent this randomization effect. You can still use both packages as my older Industrial creations have not been updated yet with this package. Over time and Real Life permitting, Mega-Pak version 1.00 will be phased out.

I sincerely apologize if you have any of the Lots based on the earlier texture package, as I have not had the time (RL permitting) to re-texture the older Lots. I know it is a simple procedure with the LE, but re-uploading newer versions to the STEX through a 56k connection is not so easy.

As for the Pizza, I guess you won't be coming to my Pizza party?
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most fools do. But it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving." -Dale Carnegie

Tarkus

This pedestrian decided to do a little dance on the inner shoulder of this semi-busy RHW. ::)

-Alex

Nego

QuoteI sincerely apologize if you have any of the Lots based on the earlier texture package, as I have not had the time (RL permitting) to re-texture the older Lots. I know it is a simple procedure with the LE, but re-uploading newer versions to the STEX through a 56k connection is not so easy.
It's alright. I completely understand. It's not the end of the world if I cant use certain lots. Thanks for your help trying to help me diagnose this problem. :)

QuoteAs for the Pizza, I guess you won't be coming to my Pizza party?
Oh I'll come. I just won't eat anything there. :D I'll just bring my own food. It's not like I've never had to in the past.

@Tarkus: What people will do to get on TV/YouTube. Crazy dances on the sides of highways are just one line in a very long list of not so smart things people do. ::)

Lowkee33

Atmospheric Scattering...

At its best...

...Or at least, least understood.

Terring7

While i zoned for commercial buildings i notice this, an "extra curve". After some rezoning, the "extra curve" disappears.

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Kcrimsonsim

not as visually impactful as some others, but interesting enough to use in my MD. Here is the raw shot... be careful when laying streets near seawalls!

Skin that smokewagon and see what happens!

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

River City!

io_bg

I'd rather say "place seawalls only on even land" ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Kcrimsonsim

Quote from: io_bg on February 17, 2011, 01:25:14 PM
I'd rather say "place seawalls only on even land" ;)

I spent a long time evening out the land, the seawalls were there long before the street. The street construction insisted on raising surrounding land, and thus the destruction. I actually had to redo the whole area several times, it was great until that last little bit at the North end.
Skin that smokewagon and see what happens!

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

River City!

Cali

here's another one for ya. It's kinda dark. This is the Berkner building. Nice Bus.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Nego

That's weird.
And speaking of vehicle textures:

What happened there? ???

netmod

What happened to your house textures too?  :)
mooooooooooooooooo...

Nego

You mean the lack of overlay textures? I'm in the process of trying to fix that. I've fixed the high wealth lots already. *Edit: And almost all of the other lots, too. Now I just have to get those props to reappear.