• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your games oddities

Started by TheTeaCat, November 27, 2006, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gottago

Lol things I think you must have accidentally installed the infamous JES April-Fool's tree controller! That's just plain weird, but pretty great in a way. I'd guess you DL'd an IND prop pack that didn't request/use official prop family ranges and they're being read as trees and this is the result. Don't know what the heck is going on with your city hall; maybe the same thing, or your city is going bankrupt and the municipal gov't is selling air rights to keep afloat.  ::)

Andreas

Actually, it's a bug in one of PEG's Mayor Mode ploppables. I posted a tutorial how to fix those here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7118.0
Andreas

RickD

Quote from: Andreas on February 03, 2010, 03:58:21 PM
Actually, it's a but in one of PEG's Mayor Mode ploppables. I posted a tutorial how to fix those here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7118.0

Oh great! I have this problem, too. Must have overlooked your tutorial.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

windowsvistafan

Whoever designed this crossing should be shot. :D

Jesus has a talk with his followers. ;D

I thought train crashes had a lot more bent metal.
Real people use Firefox to browse the net.

frdrcklim

Quote from: windowsvistafan on February 06, 2010, 04:11:36 PM
Whoever designed this crossing should be shot. :D

Didn't you like design that train crossing :P?
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

mrbisonm

I was once planting those yellowish cactus-like-trees that I downloaded from somewhere and this is what I got in this particular spot only though. That was a couple of months ago, it never happened again...... Anyone wants to rent a small home now? ???

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

canyonjumper

I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

mrbisonm

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

emgmod

I'll take that house in the lower left with the front facing the camera. Might have a nice view.

nerdly_dood

Quote from: bob56 on January 17, 2010, 12:35:05 PM
This isn't an oddity as much as something I didn't know existed. To save money, I lowered water funding. As a result, I got a new type of emergency-pipe burst. To fix it, you have to go into pipe mode and re-draw the pipe. I just thought this was something funny that I've never encountered before.
Has anyone else encountered this 'emergency'?

--Grif

Back when I played SimCity a lot, I never messed with any funding at all, except with micromanaging schools and hospitals that didn't need extra funding. I did, once, play around with water pipe funding, and I experienced the break that you saw - but in my case, it was in an urban area, and what a water-pipe break does in SimCity is it creates a little pit in the ground. We all (or most of us) know that whenever terrain is raised or lowered, whatever's on it is destroyed, and that's what happened: One of the main avenues was partially destroyed, as was a small section of my pathetic little CBD.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Nego

??? U-drive it? ???

()what()

:o

More like U-survive it. I was just driving along when this happened out of no ware! This isn't the first time this has happened, too... &dd

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

windowsvistafan

Quote from: frdrcklim on February 06, 2010, 05:59:28 PM
Didn't you like design that train crossing :P?

No I didn't, I told the engineers where to put it. :P
Real people use Firefox to browse the net.

drx.94

I know something like this was shown before and I don't really know if it's truly a game oddity but it's sure funny!  :P

Jonathan

That train crossing (I guess your talking about the yellow lines starting half way through?) was actaully fixed in the NAM and then someone put the maxis texture into another file which loads after the fix. So actually it's more like a NAM glitch :)

dedgren

Quote...yellowish cactus-like-trees...

Actually poorly-scaled century plant [linkie].  They can get big, but not as big as a house.  Someone should run the BAT through Cogeo's S3D rescaler.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

nerdly_dood

Quote from: Jonathan on February 09, 2010, 10:16:25 AM
That train crossing (I guess your talking about the yellow lines starting half way through?) was actaully fixed in the NAM and then someone put the maxis texture into another file which loads after the fix. So actually it's more like a NAM glitch :)

It seemed to me that the problem was more of both crossing gates on the same side of the road.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Jonathan

well that's not easy to fix in game, it requires an offset prop.
The barrier extends over both side of the road though :)

Jonathan