• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your games oddities

Started by TheTeaCat, November 27, 2006, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emgmod

Just a little light rail traffic jam. I got this by leaving a UDI tram waiting on the track.

kbieniu7

Maybe some accident, and tram traffic is blocked? :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Bobbi

Quote from: kbieniu7 on January 01, 2010, 07:02:44 AM
I think my sims wanted to promote ecological transport :P

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3010/pieszy2.png
They want to protect the environment $%Grinno$%

-------------------------------------------------------

Where's the land? :D

In fact, I'm working with a special land. ;D

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

TheTeaCat

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

kbieniu7

This place should have name "Horisont" :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

bob56

that would look really cool if it was zoned. You could have a 'cloud city' type design. :P
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

canyonjumper

Interesting Bobbi. How did you get that?
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

bob56

This isn't an oddity as much as something I didn't know existed. To save money, I lowered water funding. As a result, I got a new type of emergency-pipe burst. To fix it, you have to go into pipe mode and re-draw the pipe. I just thought this was something funny that I've never encountered before.
Has anyone else encountered this 'emergency'?

--Grif
You can call me Grif

canyonjumper

That does occasionally happen, bob56, especially when you're too cheap to pay for proper funding :D jk

-Jordan
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

jonno

I recently learned of it too.  I figured that since the power lines spark when you lower the funding, but nothing ever happens, why should the water be any different.  I was wrong.  It's an entertaining disaster for sure.

bob56

sorry to post so soon after my last one,but I have something new. I just built a new train station to encourage mass transit. I checked to see if it was being used, and it is. But what surprised me is how its being used.

My stations only use is to allow sims to cross the tracks to get to work!! I'm sure the train drivers love the herds of civilians commuting illegally across the tracks...  :P

--grif
You can call me Grif

RadicalOne

Quote from: Terring7 on January 16, 2010, 08:08:35 AM
What is this? :o :o :shocked2: :shocked2:
That is a sprite that is part of the research lab; it could be classified under the same "silly effects" category as the "fairies" or whatever they are in the cemetery.

Quote from: bob56This isn't an oddity as much as something I didn't know existed. To save money, I lowered water funding. As a result, I got a new type of emergency-pipe burst. To fix it, you have to go into pipe mode and re-draw the pipe. I just thought this was something funny that I've never encountered before.
I have, and had the misfortune of having the pipe rupture directly underneath a landmark - the Bank of China tower - costing me a fortune. What's next, under the nuclear plant?

thingfishs

I figure this is a known problem but it's new to me. I placed the regular maxis town hall (the cheapest one) and this happened. ()what()
What's the deal?

Diggis

Not one I've seen before, but it looks like a prop family has had an extra model inserted into it... weird.

Quote from: bob56 on January 20, 2010, 01:52:18 PM
My stations only use is to allow sims to cross the tracks to get to work!! I'm sure the train drivers love the herds of civilians commuting illegally across the tracks...  :P

--grif

What train drivers?  There are no trains.

semi_crazy

Quote from: mrtnrln on October 14, 2008, 06:13:09 AM
Here is a bug: In the evening, Many sims thought: "Why not taking a walk?" ;D

They all park their car at a small parking lot at the station and walk home.
The story is even stranger; in the morning they take their cars FROM HOME  ??? and go to work! That's weird.

I dont have any pictures, but in one of my cities people drive 3-4 tiles to the elevated rail, ride it 10 or so tiles to the next station, get off and drive 2 tiles to a parking lot, walk across the parking lot, then drive 2 tiles to work. they do the opposite to get home. Must have one of those folding cars

frdrcklim

Quote from: bob56 on January 17, 2010, 12:35:05 PM
This isn't an oddity as much as something I didn't know existed. To save money, I lowered water funding. As a result, I got a new type of emergency-pipe burst. To fix it, you have to go into pipe mode and re-draw the pipe. I just thought this was something funny that I've never encountered before.

--Grif

Wow, that's actually new to me as well. This disaster is understandable, but I'm just surprised I've never thought of that before.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

Monorail Master

At least the pipe burst doesn't have the "Brown Stuff" effect  :D :D :D  If so: Good manure for agriculture areas, and horrible mishap in other areas. Trust me, sewer pipe burst in VA Beach, VA on my street in 2003. Smell stayed there for 2 months.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

thingfishs

OK well after the earlier strange incident (see a few posts above) this week, I've had another one, starting to think something may be up. This one involves the most peculiar variety of plant I've ever come across.

I say plant because it's clearly something to do with the tree controller, they only "grow" at a certain height.

I mean, I know there's a lot of snow to move but this is ridiculous...

A nice patch of a different species.

Plus another shot of the town hall and it's much bigger friend. For starters I assume this is a maxis building, does anyone recognise it?

Is there a link between these problems, what the heck is going on? ;D

mightygoose

the town halls bigger brother is if im not mistaken the new hope highrise? if not its the hamster tenements...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....