• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your games oddities

Started by TheTeaCat, November 27, 2006, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

Mrtnrln, SC4, or not, the NFS series, is still an EA game. You know how that goes. In the beta NFSU1 the traffic lights were originally not stuck on yellow, the red and green worked. However running red lights in racing games can cost you, I have gotten broadsided blowing reds, try it in SC4, see what happens. Boom!

In the beta NFSU2, the reason why the signs are odd, they did not originally have those weird icon markings on them, they only had the signs tell you in bolder fonts and colors where you were going, and those signs in my opinion did not look like road signs at all. I think they changed it to Americanize it. I don't know when you took those pics, but you have got a lot of racing to go compared to that amount of $. There is a way out of the city, its called the airport. Thats how people leave, they just fly out. There was a 1 time glitch on my GameCube that I got to drive around freely on the airport runways only because someone crashed me over the jersey barrier, and the planes would go right through my Nissan 240 when they would land. Now that's odd. What kills me is they have that one stretch of highway with that one road closed for construction in NFSU2 you cannot freely drive on, its also not marked on the map. I have driven under there in a race, and it stinks its never opened to traffic, because it was a nice cut through.

Look out below, I got two oddities. First, when I took a picture of the city, the snapshot instructions got stuck!

Second, lets advertise cigarettes (Marlboro) in whats suppose to be a kids game! (when this happened in a SEGA game back in the early nineties, it sparked controversy when that game released in American shelves, maybe those Japanese developers didn't know at the time, this was before there was ESRB)

jonno

What about the street sign that says "Keep Right" that is facing opposite the direction of traffic flow on the one way street?  That seems kinda odd too....

j-dub

Because its a last minute resort to not get them to go the wrong way. In real life, I'm stuck seeing cars, majority trucks coming down the wrong side of the median on these 4 laners so many times! Some times they are sober, and there is a lack of signage of the road to inform your going on the wrong side, even though you should be able to see the median. Other times, they are either drunk or high, that they oppose traffic. They seem to have given up on the keep right symbol signs where I'm at through any of these cities.

Of course if Mrtnrln did not make examples of driving that way in Need for Speed Underground 2 on the wrong side of I-27, then... Oh!!! Haha! Just messing with you Maarten.

Sadly though, it really just is not funny because there was someone who got killed going down the wrong side of the interstate not to recently in my state.

Bobbi

This picture is czkimi's and I got the permission to show his picture here.

Why the bus drive on the PED Mall? ()what()

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Nardo69

Some times ago a brown bear wandered from Slowenia through the Alps to South Germany. In Germany bears have disappeared eons ago as it is way to dense populated. So a big hunt began, the newspaper called the bear "Bruno" and as allways on such happenings Bruno had the tendency to appear on at least five locations.  :D

Eventually they shot him ...  &mmm

Seems to be hi ghost found its way into my MD:

:D

Have fun!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

frdrcklim

I missed posting pics. So tell me...

... why does it burn underwater?
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

Andreas

Andreas

frdrcklim

300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

TheTeaCat

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Andreas

Looks like the poor guy is stranded. Quick, call SimGreenpeace!

EDIT: Wow, that's almost scary. The moment I posted this, there were whale sounds in the song I'm listening to right now... $%#Ninj2
Andreas

xtra cash

bob56

I'd have to say I almost like the color of the boxes as a 'terrain mod' :D
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

WC_EEND

it actually looks quite good if you zoom out enough :D
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

io_bg

Quote from: WC_EEND on November 14, 2009, 12:27:49 PM
it actually looks quite good if you zoom out enough :D
:D :D :D
It really looks like a terrain mod from region view ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Earth quake

The overview makes me think the desert map of  Caesar III or Pharaoh.  :D

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

MandelSoft

@xtra cash:  :D Funny picture! What happpened there? Maybe this:

The mayor finds that a forrest would look great around his city, so he ordered some trees. A few weeks later:
"So here are the trees you ordered, sir."
"What trees? I only see boxes!"
"The trees are in the boxes, sir."
"But why didn't you unpack them?"
"That will cost extra, sir."
"WHAT?"

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

bob56

I guess no one has ever bothered to look at the sky (we always look at the city). It appears that SimCity...HAS TWO SUNS!!!

This is one helicopter, creating two shadows :D. I guess there is two suns :P

--Grif
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

KoV Liberty

Quote from: mrtnrln on November 15, 2009, 06:51:13 AM
@xtra cash:  :D Funny picture! What happpened there? Maybe this:

The mayor finds that a forrest would look great around his city, so he ordered some trees. A few weeks later:
"So here are the trees you ordered, sir."
"What trees? I only see boxes!"
"The trees are in the boxes, sir."
"But why didn't you unpack them?"
"That will cost extra, sir."
"WHAT?"

Best,
Maarten

Lol!

Bob56: Hmm. Thats odd...

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.