• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your games oddities

Started by TheTeaCat, November 27, 2006, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

j-dub

Doors/Windows up in the air, thats perfectly normal. Why? -because in the summer this movie theatre I used to go to before the ecconomy got bad, they would take the front doors and windows, and elevate them all the way up, on a track, it does seem strange when you see this for real at first. By the way, I have had some riddiculous things happen with buildings/lots overreacting to elevational changes when trying to fix a road.

Sapphire Blue

Hi J-dub, yeah I know what you mean.  I have had strange things like that too, hedges and trees and even swimming pools hanging in the air but that was because I had changed the ground level around the building.  I did not do anything to this commercial street, the shop just appeared like this.  I find it hard to understand how something like this could happen.  The code for the building must be corrupted somehow, but why are other instances of the building not showing the same oddity?
All things in moderation but a little of what you fancy does you good

papab2000

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

frdrcklim

We, as mayors, have to listen to the other neglected Sims in our society

The rural Sims

The homeless hobo

The ones that have passed away

They have a voice and we have to listem to them.  ;D

300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

art128

that's strange  :-\  don't know animals need hospital.... Except the Veterinary  :P

Props & Texture Catalog

j-dub

Well, heres an elephant redoing a scene from "Jumanji"

Here, the plane completely missed the runway and landed in the avenue, then dissapeared. That maybe why I never released my airplane generator.

praiodan

I just noticed this when I had another look onto my recent MD Update... and well... yeah... wondered a bit...

Why the hell is there a bulldozer on the road? And why is its driver so crazy to drive on the wrong way  ??? I just hope the diver of the bus(es) heading down that road have a good reactivity $%Grinno$%

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

Andreas

Isn't that a low-bed trailer, carrying a bulldozer? If you look closely, you can see a blue truck cab, right behind the tanker.
Andreas

praiodan

Quote from: Andreas on October 14, 2008, 04:12:28 AM
Isn't that a low-bed trailer, carrying a bulldozer? If you look closely, you can see a blue truck cab, right behind the tanker.

Oh, yeah, I guess you're right. Still, this picture gave me a good laugh  :D

sim-al2

I seen those kind of trucks diappear and leave there loads behind. Happens a lot with bulldozers and scrapers and concrete stuff. Then the cars drive right into it. :angrymore:
Next thing I know, SimCity will be discovered to have land sharks. :o *RUN AWAY*
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

MandelSoft

Here is a bug: In the evening, Many sims thought: "Why not taking a walk?" ;D

They all park their car at a small parking lot at the station and walk home.
The story is even stranger; in the morning they take their cars FROM HOME  ??? and go to work! That's weird.

Speaking of weird...

The 'suicidal' tunnel  $%Grinno$%! You can create it following these steps:
   1. Raise the land with 15 meters with hole raising lots.
   2. Draw a tunnel through it
   3. Lower the land and tadaaaa! There you have it!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

frdrcklim

lol. yeah, i have that bug. Once in a while, I have some guys that roam around my cities before they go home (I think it happens sometimes in night commute but never in day commute I think).

Yep, I still got it.

Pat

Lars that is funnie and sad to find out that the bull dozer is in fact being towed siiiiiiiigh, still would have been funnie to see if those drivers could avoid that beast hehehe....

Maarten you also have a pink heart there too!!!  the road way up by the hill next to the roundabout...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

j-dub

For this game, I didn't think the bulldozer driving around was considered an oddity. Getting the bull dozer to drive like automatta may be possible, because you know during road construction, how the grader drives around, only when the road is getting paved? Well now, it drives like regular automatta along with other cars, in all my cities instead of doing its ice skating during the construction, 24/7, road work or not.

Swamper77

Quote from: j-dub on October 14, 2008, 02:58:07 PM
For this game, I didn't think the bulldozer driving around was considered an oddity. Getting the bull dozer to drive like automatta may be possible, because you know during road construction, how the grader drives around, only when the road is getting paved? Well now, it drives like regular automatta along with other cars, in all my cities instead of doing its ice skating during the construction, 24/7, road work or not.

The reason the Road Grader is driving around your cities is that you have one of my Additional Vehicles packs from the STEX. With one of the packs, I made the Road Grader and the Dump Truck driveable vehicles for the MySim Car Catalog.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

frdrcklim

Actually, I have bulldozers too that roam around on my freight routes. If you look at that picture, you'll notice it's on top of a truck. The truck is carrying the bulldozer on a freight route so technically, the bulldozer is freight.

Yep, I still got it.

XiahouDun

Not so much an oddity as it is funny to me. The chalk outline appearing outside my real world window on my BAT house. Apparently someone outside was being noisy and I was trying to sleep ()flamdev()
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

nerdly_dood

Hover-query the chalk aoutline and read the bubble thing - it may indicate certain problems in your city that you need to address. (Hint: Add a police station)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!