• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your games oddities

Started by TheTeaCat, November 27, 2006, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

%confuso I don't know if anyone else has had this happen. We have a car actually hitting a pedestrian! Not run over, but notice how he is on top of the hood briefly.

Pat

That is just something else there J-Dub lol.... I think something like this has been posted here before but hey anyways I noticed this while doing some testing...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

HandsOn

So you finally made your hiding place in the base-base-basement public?

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

Pat

well the beastro has to be somewhere now right Handson lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

frdrcklim

Nice underground facility. Not record breaking though lol :P.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

HandsOn

Quote from: Pat on June 14, 2008, 05:09:57 PM
well the beastro has to be somewhere now right Handson lol
You keep beasts down there - now I begin to worry about you..  ???

Pat

JoeST

oi pat, I am the advertiser :p LOL

looking weird and wonderful in here, as always...
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

HandsOn

Quote from: Pat on June 14, 2008, 07:50:54 PM
LoL no no beast but a Beastro here linkie
Ah, monsieur meant a "bistro", zut, quel domage.. :satisfied:

MandelSoft

"Huh? What stoplight?"
One of Maxis' worst stoplight designs
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

HandsOn

Quote from: mrtnrln on June 17, 2008, 07:55:41 AM
"Huh? What stoplight?"
One of Maxis' worst stoplight designs
What's wrong with it? Looks to me like just another day driving in Amsterdam, somewhere around Leidseplein, or the Single near Rozengracht..  &apls

j-dub

There are times when that is unavoidable, but it would have been better if they could of made up their minds of which side of the intersections to place the signals, because it lacks consistency. Whats wrong, when one light is red, the other could be green. I noticed for some weird reason the signals aren't all exactly on the same timer in this game, despite the same network.

Swamper77

Funny, mine don't act that way. Must be because I modded that :P

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

kassarc16

Bah! That's cheating! Any chance of releasing that to the masses? (I dunno if you just changed the traffic light model or fixed what j-dub's problem was, but still...)

Swamper77

In the first version, I just simply moved the stoplights to the far side like the AvenuexRoad T intersection has them for the far side of the T intersection.

The version seen here is the second version, in which I have replaced the stoplight on a pole in the avenue's median with a full mast assembly. Unfortunately, it requires the NAM for the single stoplight prop that is attached to the arm over the roadway. I haven't released the second version as only the orthogonal intersections are done. No diagonals have been done, but I don't normally build diagonal roadways anyways.

I will see about releasing the fix to move the stoplights across the intersection on AvenuexRoad + intersections, but it will be for orthogonals only.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

kassarc16

I avoid diagonals too, since Maxis really skipped quality control on some of them. And I'm sure having the NAM as a requirement isn't a bad thing. I can't think of a reason NOT to have it installed.

Andreas

I'd say it could be even included directly into the NAM, since the doubled stoplights are not exactly a pretty sight anyway. ;)
Andreas

MandelSoft

I was also planning making a modd for the stoplights, but I place them on the near side of the road, which is common in the Netherlands.

j-dub

Good fix. I just didn't like the inconsistency of who ever originally designed it, as Mrtnrln pointed out when you have two road avenue intersections next to each other. Swampper's way is just like how the one way avenue intersections are with the signals afterword. Otherwise, I have use a different mean to cross the avenue, in order to avoid the signals being right next to each other.
And now, we have two rival supply stores that managed to build right next to each other, not my choice.

MandelSoft

That's a thing that could happen. At home, there are two rival supermarket built in front of each other in the same shopping center  ;D. So this happens also in RL.