• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your games oddities

Started by TheTeaCat, November 27, 2006, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldrogue

warsawa...funny, when I went to London....I sure don't remember the tower being that tall! :D
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.

Pat

hmmm besides the tower of london being like 50thousand feet in the air hmm I dunno of anything else lol.... that is truely strange how that happend.... Soo fog turned to snow covered ehh???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Cosmic

Look! It's a foundation on top of a foundation! :D Oh, and did you see the staircase on one of the apartments on the back side of it that ends at no place?...
Weird...

Diggis

Quote from: Pat on May 14, 2008, 03:16:52 PM
hmmm besides the tower of london being like 50thousand feet in the air hmm I dunno of anything else lol.... that is truely strange how that happend.... Soo fog turned to snow covered ehh???

That would be the Palace of Westminster's Clock Tower, commonly known as Big Ben (which is actually the common name for the bell inside, officially the Great Bell of Westminster.  It appears nothing is really called Big Ben) and often mistakenly known as St Stephens Tower, which is another of the Westminster Towers.

The Tower of London is a Castle down the river which is now the Queen's Jewelery Box.  :P

HandsOn

Now, now, Diggis  ;D - Pat is American, he cannot be expected to realize that The Tower actually isn't a tower but the opposite, a dungeon. Geography & landmarks are, I believe, optional in the US cirriculum..  :P

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

Pat

hehehehe I was being such a smart ### lol.... I actualy aced my history but failed ummm spelling lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Cosmic

Ok, this isn't really a game oddity (because I brought it on to myself :-[), but I think this deserves posting:

Ok, folks: This is what happens when you set the diagonal fix mod to some high value (like 5!). :D :D
Talk about Rock-Solid foundations! I'd like to see an earthquake topple buildings on THIS!

(p.s. 50th post, woot!)

HandsOn

Well, this surely wasn't done by the game - but then I cannot figured out who has done what exactly;
Zoom Level: Normal

Let's take a closer look at what is happening at school today, shall we?

It seems we really do not know where you're kids are! Of course, this might be an updated version of Platform 9 3/4..  &sly

The school in question is called Szkola Krakowska - can some one confirm if this is just happening here?

j-dub

Not because of how the highway was built, but because do you notice whats happening in the very middle? It appears that head on crashing was not programed for this game.

frdrcklim

I think it would be nice to have cars in the middle  ;D.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

MandelSoft

A right-handed network used in a left-handed situation .... hmmmm ??? [Getting confused  :P]
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

HandsOn

..and SC4 never fails to surprise, especially with custom content in place:
1) Yes, you can lead a horse to water - but can you make it dive..?

2) Someone explain "recycling" to these truck drivers - I don't thing they fully understand the concept yet..:

3) This is some aquarium pool: rude shadows - and what appears to be a German U-Boot prototype from way back when..:

Diggis

Actually the german u-boat clearly has flippers and tail fins so I'm picking it's a whale. However it isn't casting a shadow so thats another story.

HandsOn

Quote from: Diggis on May 19, 2008, 08:43:17 AM
Actually the german u-boat clearly has flippers and tail fins so I'm picking it's a whale. However it isn't casting a shadow so thats another story.
:D Oops - you're right & I'm half blind (old age does that to you..just you wait & see)

Pat

LoL old age and Diggis naw I dont think that will ever happen to him hehehee, But I am glad that it was diggis that pointed that out and not me.... Other then that Handson Loved those pics!!!

pilotdaryl

I've been browsing around for old pictures and this is what I found  :D

That is one hell of a deer crossing!!! :D

HandsOn

Quote from: Pat on May 21, 2008, 08:35:17 PM
LoL old age and Diggis naw I dont think that will ever happen to him hehehee, But I am glad that it was diggis that pointed that out and not me.... Other then that Handson Loved those pics!!!
They used to tell me it was "death & taxes" that were certain - but thus far I've cheated the first, and never believed (or paid willingly) the second. Thus: only old age is certain! Even for rugby-playing folks with strange helmets   :D

j-dub

Look at the bottom right, at the guard rail, by the cement, what do you see? Thats not even (suppose to be) a lane there!

HandsOn

Looks like someone has incorporated HOV lanes into the RH..  $%Grinno$%

And while we're at oddities (although this time it's not the game), consider this:

• Xannapan made a building called "Rue du Four 25", from Paris' 6ieme Arrondissement - I stayed at #28; my friend's parents still live there;  :thumbsup:
  • Andreas stephenhh has come up with "Seiler Strasse" in Hamburg - I lived accross the street from it;  :thumbsup:
  • And of course, the Eight's Street subway station (forgot by whom) was part of may daily commute routine in NYC;  :thumbsup:
Seilerstrasse:

Rue du Four:
]
All I am waiting for now is someone to bat the boring building I reside in now..  ::)

NASCAR_Guy

Murphy's Law of Sim City 4: If you zone for ten of the same buildings, 9 will be the one's you want.
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave