• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your games oddities

Started by TheTeaCat, November 27, 2006, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

i think that was all Alex's fault there for the bad traffic lights lol  :D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

j-dub

Pat

OK this is the first time this has ever happend to me and I wonder if anyone else has had the same problem at all??? Either way the city did load fine yesterday but later it did CTD on me siiiiiiigh.....

btw those are not PS'ed at all that is what happend ingame!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

oldrogue

Ahhhhh Pat....in my country we call that ................. WEIRD &cry2
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.

HandsOn

Weird is the understatement of the year. Perchance a problem I once had with a city, albeit very different, may offer a possible solution. Provided your region is based on an imported map - or at least a map you can copy, do what I did when I got locked out:
1) create a new region folder & copy the .BMP file as well as the region JPG into it.
2) open it with Terraformer.
3) when asked to preserve cities or mayors answer no to both
4) import the JPG and save the newly created map.
Now open the region with SC4 and instead of starting a new city in the same location as the above strangeness, try importing the above city from the other region. If - and that's a big if - it comes up ok, save it, then go back to the original region and now import the newly saved city - it will tell you that this will obliterate existing development. Might as well..

If this does not improve matters, then something's wrong with the underlying map - data does get corrupted on hard drives, no matter how careful you are.

Caveat Empor: BEFORE you attempt any of the above - do make a backup, will you - I cannot guarantee that it will work in your instance, even though it did with me.

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

MandelSoft

I had this three times before, but not completely the same.

This is what happened exactly:
1) The city Kovelburg once had a strange blue tint.
2) The city Postdam once had a transparant picture of the city screen drawed over the region picture
3) In the city Konradedel I could look much deeper into the water

This was all gone when I saved the city again.

Oh, and if you are doing something else while saving the city, you get a blank tile (which looks like a new city tile).  :party:

Best,
MRTNRLN
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

City Builder

Quote from: Diggis on April 25, 2008, 03:00:52 AM
Whats of more interest is the hackers one half way down... ()what()

They just make it easier to secure ones site from them.  I found 3 of my sites listed with them and deleted all three accounts on the three sites.  Now I'll be keeping an eye on them, the way I figure it, if people don't have the gumption to bother registering for an account, they don't get the privilige of downloading GB's of data from our websites.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

Pat

Aye aye there CB I agree to that one....   OK here is the latest from me about the wierd city tile, it works and looks normal now after I got to play and then save & exit yesterday....  Thanks all for your idea's in to solve this problem....

urban

Hey!

does anybody has an idea how to solve this problem?

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

Toichus Maximus

did you try reloading the tile and save-exiting to region?

frdrcklim

Wow, that's interesting, yet disturbing.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

j-dub

Animal Crossing!

Pat

HandsOn

Quote from: Pat on May 13, 2008, 07:22:12 PM
Good one there J-Dub lol
Indeed - but has anyone ever figured out how to stop the animals from escaping (even JRJ's modular) zoo?

Swamper77

The escape of animals from the zoo is based on funding, just like the jail/prison in the game. I guess Jeronij's doesn't have the correct properties regarding funding so they are escaping by default.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

HandsOn

Quote from: Swamper77 on May 13, 2008, 09:04:32 PM
The escape of animals from the zoo is based on funding, just like the jail/prison in the game. I guess Jeronij's doesn't have the correct properties regarding funding so they are escaping by default.

-Swamper
The funding is City Beautification which is always set at max - and it happens with the in-game zoo as well - and still the animals escape.

j-dub

Speaking of escape, and the funding thing. Heres something I don't think makes sense, at 7 in the morning, originally when I first built the prison, the query showed 0 in mates at the time, but I would see the prisoners working on the RHW near by with a cop on a horse behind them, but eventually a number of prisoners would run off, and there would be really, really long foot chases, even though theres just opened fields surrounding the area for miles. This happens all the time, the numbers of in-mates has gone up since then, but still. I hear an alarm, which means escape, but I haven't been notified by public saftey about lack of funding the jail, and usually I get urgent warnings for lacks of public saftey.

HandsOn

Quote from: j-dub on May 14, 2008, 08:46:08 AM
Speaking of escape, and the funding thing. Heres something I don't think makes sense, at 7 in the morning, originally when I first built the prison, the query showed 0 in mates at the time, but I would see the prisoners working on the RHW near by with a cop on a horse behind them, but eventually a number of prisoners would run off, and there would be really, really long foot chases, even though theres just opened fields surrounding the area for miles. This happens all the time, the numbers of in-mates has gone up since then, but still. I hear an alarm, which means escape, but I haven't been notified by public saftey about lack of funding the jail, and usually I get urgent warnings for lacks of public saftey.
Sounds like you have a "Texan Justice System": if workers are needed to clean up the highways ands byways, all the governor has to do is to alert the local sheriffs and - pronto - the number of arrests hits record numbers.  $%Grinno$%

Just how prevelant "Justice" is in SC4 cities maybe be illustrated by the first underground police helicopter:

Big Brother is surely watching us..  $%Grinno$%

warszawa

This was taken back in 2004... notice anything weird?

And, apparently, this is what fog can do...

Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

HandsOn

Ah, but back then Tony was still thinking big in terms of government and thus overextended it in all areas - look like he reached your city, too..   ::)