• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your games oddities

Started by TheTeaCat, November 27, 2006, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

Interesting pics. Let's hear it for liquefaction and fleeing on ferries. I haven't seen that car ferry thing before, and does the earthquake make it a seaport now? Always some good stuff in here.

-Masochist: The only thing I can think of for your problem would be that the game is having issues drawing everything. Will they eventually draw if you just leave the game alone for a bit? If not, I'm not sure what is causing it... but then again I'm not the best troubleshooter for those types of issues.

frdrcklim

No. but an airport for seaplanes. :D
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

Pat

Issac I fear that you are a victim of the Prop Pox....  As that last pic is a rather tell tail sign of the problem, but my only question for you is that does this happen on all maxis lots or is it just the country club???  I do however agree with Matt about the game draw speed could be slown down to some point and causing the lag...

Frdrcklim Love your pics those are just toooo funnie!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

pilotdaryl

Now to see a plane diving into the water and landing on that runway, that would be hilarious :D

TheTeaCat

"Control
This is BA 147 heavy on final approach

Umm Control???
Is that a plane
emmm   
floating on the surface???"

"Yes. Proceed as normal to L37 submerged"

Emmm Control?
I'm gonna divert if thats ok with you?"

great pics folks
@Masochist
You're taking the idea of a land yacht to the next level a bit far eh?

this happened earlier ::)

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

What in the world there Derry lol that is twisted wreck there!!! lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

camaro_69_327

This got a Chuckle out of Me!!!

13 Goober Nuts This game is funny sometimes....That only lasted for a minute or so.

Pat

Talk about being crazzzzy for your NUTs lol!!!!  :D

j-dub

There are times when thats okay, for some residential variations, like town homes in example, but other times, I hate when the game does that, especially when it repeats  shopping mall stores, car dealers, or resturaunts right next to each other. Why can in not figure out to randomize things more? It can be a eyesore, one time it turned a real big chunk of my one city into a literal (ahem) housing project for alot of blocks. I guess in that sense it made sense to repeat.  Its gone now though, but there is a number of those old brown box houses around here and there. Other times it can get it right, I have noticed random suburban diagonal houses, randomly grow on diagonal streets. Ain't this game silly? It can really drive you crazy sometimes. Look how in this 4 lane underpass, the cars keep driving right on the shoulder in the wall! Speaking of which, I have never seen anyone else picture this interchange.
This is something what the original plans of having four lane highways instead, may have looked like with the textures, but the developers changed there minds, because it was six lanes in previous vesions.
On another note, look what I haven't found.

MandelSoft

Quote from: j-dub on April 24, 2008, 09:09:38 PM
There are times when thats okay, for some residential variations, like town homes in example, but other times, I hate when the game does that, especially when it repeats  shopping mall stores, car dealers, or resturaunts right next to each other. Why can in not figure out to randomize things more? It can be a eyesore, one time it turned a real big chunk of my one city into a literal (ahem) housing project for alot of blocks. I guess in that sense it made sense to repeat.  Its gone now though, but there is a number of those old brown box houses around here and there. Other times it can get it right, I have noticed random suburban diagonal houses, randomly grow on diagonal streets. Ain't this game silly? It can really drive you crazy sometimes. Look how in this 4 lane underpass, the cars keep driving right on the shoulder in the wall! Speaking of which, I have never seen anyone else picture this interchange.
This is something what the original plans of having four lane highways instead, may have looked like with the textures, but the developers changed there minds, because it was six lanes in previous vesions.
On another note, look what I haven't found.

LOL! It's hilarious that you find SC4Devotion, although the search engine says not  ::)!

I've seen the cars driving in the wall of the Avenue crossing earlier. WEIRD
MRTNRLN
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Diggis

That would be because its not www.sc4devotion.com, it's just sc4devotion.com

Whats of more interest is the hackers one half way down... ()what()

xxdita

www.sc4devotion.com takes me right to the Main page. Pages on the LEX are listed as www in my address bar, but the forums only show up as sc4devotion.com/

JoeST

Its because the forum was installed on sc4devotion.com, so even if you log in to the www. version it redirects to without www. but other than the forums you can use either the www. or not. the thing i find most funny is the link to the forums at the top of the forums takes you to the www. version... which you cant log in to... LOL.

Looking good in here ;)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Fairlane500

Well, here's a little bit of an interesting situation I discovered in some old pics.

Looks more like an amusement park ride than train tracks...

HandsOn

&apls &apls Since I had a good twenty minutes of laughs here, I figured it is time for some serious environmental issues: For one, I've had these two llamas "nesting" happly on the track of a bridge that sees approx. 2,200 rail commuters - and they've been there for about two SC4 years now. I also found my copper chopper going where "no man has gone before"; but I think someone ought to fire the mayor's drivers in every city, because of the amount of gasoline they waste just driving around in front of the boss' barn (sorry, forgot   got the pic!) - just put a parking lot on either side of the street, or a roundabout - even with a street/road leading away to civic duties - and you can see it for yourself (no pic). Oh yeah, and the yellow acid rain clouds over the region: they've appeared since X-mas - thus I suspect some modder plugging this into the game on the side  :P
And also I posted this elsewhere, here it is for the benefit of all those BATters - there's money to be made in Belgium: already one company is selling empty BATs ("leer" means empty in Dutch) - sorry 'bout the sideway view - it was after the party..  ::)

Edit: If you photograph the driver in the act - close up - he'll change his tune and will drive off, nine out of ten times..

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

MandelSoft

Quote from: HandsOn on April 26, 2008, 06:36:01 PM
("leer" means empty in Dutch)

"Leer" means empty in German, not in Dutch!

By the way, funny pictures! What are these Lama's doing on the rail anyway? $%Grinno$%

EDIT: Changed the first sentence. It was wrong (Before: "Leer" doesn't mean empty in German, not in Dutch!)

HandsOn

Quote from: mrtnrln on April 27, 2008, 12:55:41 AM
"Leer" doesn't mean empty in German, not in Dutch!

By the way, funny pictures! What are these Lama's doing on the rail anyway? $%Grinno$%
That's what you get when you start mouthing at five am: you're right - it is German, of course. Maar nog steeds..  :thumbsup:

But here are two fresh of the new NAM presses:

• the old story of "romeo northbound" and "julliet southbound" the twain shall never meet..
  • and the very, very, very local underground railroad..

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

JoeST

LOL @ your odd odd transport there HandsOn thanks for sharing

and interesting rail tunnel you have there fairlane
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

j-dub

Heres a mess of things, first a Budweiser truck hitting taxi that turned with out signaling.

Followed by a building glitch.
Then we have a messy intersection, all cars proceeded with all sides having a green light because of programming issues.
And then, a bad Maxis hwy slope.
Last we have a tunnel that shouldn't have proceeded, the network goes right through the lot!

MandelSoft

I wonder who have programmed the lights for that intersection $%Grinno$%