• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your games oddities

Started by TheTeaCat, November 27, 2006, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Very funny pictures there, @ all! ;) :D

j-dub

Clearly running a red light, I didn't know how to animate custom traffic lights and they got stuck because one way is red, the other green, so don't ask about the textures here.

Whats going on down here, that I'm in play mode, and squad car rushes to?

Heres a face I came up with with roads.

bat

Again funny there, j-dub!

And that's face is great!

TheTeaCat

Quote from: j-dub on March 04, 2008, 09:02:32 PM
Whats going on down here, that I'm in play mode, and squad car rushes to?

I'd say its rushing the at intersection with the stuck lights  ::)  :D

Nice captures - well done  :thumbsup:

Cool face too ;)

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

LoL J-dub I do agree with Derry that cop is running to that intersection where the lights are stuck in red lol.... BTW if you want to see if Heblem wouldnt mind making those work for you? He has done a niffty set of his own and he might be willing to help you out if you ask nicely  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

RebaLynnTS

Actually the cop is just on his way to the donut shop :)
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

j-dub

@Pat you mean animated ones? That would be awesome!

CasperVg

Presenting you: The Wall of Water... (thanks to the Rain Mod, hehe)

Close-up:

Zoomed out:
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

JoeST

interesting effect there... its a bit like that here too LOL, quite wet

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

LoL Casper I like that!!! Ooooooooh and that is how moses parted the red sea too.....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

Very unusual effect :D :D

Must be unbelievable pressure underground to cause such geysers :D :D

Here's one that happened by not following all the steps in a tutorial ::)

Still fully usable   ::) :D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

iamgoingtoeatyou

Toichus Maximus

It looks like a one for extending textures under puzzle pieces. I didn't even know there was a tutorial

City Builder

I thought this one was a bit odd, this friendly bear decided to go take a shower in my new waterfall area.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

j-dub

Heres an akward pic of the old Amtrack still going from regular rail to ground light rail and turning around on the single glr U-turn, but the cars look like they detached. Yes, in case you didn't know of my doing this earlier at some other point, what you see is a regular passenger train on a GLR track. The reason is I ended my regular R with a GLR turn around.

Heblem

Quote from: jplumbley on February 17, 2008, 02:03:03 PM
This is a normal situation with Puzzle Pieces.  It is actually very widely known that you can plop Puzzle Pieces in water, many people already do this with the Elevated Puzzle Pieces in the NAM.  If your water is more than 15m deep you will start getting underwater Elevated Puzzle Piece, traffic will still work as normal and you can go on in your daily routine, with underwater traffic..

There is another cool trick you can do...  You can have a completely underwater city.  Basically, you can go into SC4TF and change the height of the water to something that will put your existing city underwater, then go back in game and it will have your entire city looking like the City of Atlantis.  Of course you could do this the manual way with iLive Reader, but I would recommend that because, I dont think it wise for people not knowing what they are doing fiddling around in the Save Game files.  Now, with this "City of Atlantis" situation you will still have a working city, things will grow, abandon, sims will drive, etc.  Even do UDI missions underwater.  The only thing you will have lost is the ability to actaully expand your city underwater untill you reset the water level.  This could make for a cool MD if you wanted to make the City of Atlantis.

Here what happens following Jason tip  ;D

its interesting

Pat

Id say so Heblem wow... I want those RHW dividers man those are sweet looking even though they are wet lol...

Masochist

First time posting pictures of any kind in over a month!  I have five to share this time:

Land, Ho! -

Guess the seaport wasn't enough for them...

Land, Ho! 2 -

Guess the land next to the seaport wasn't enough for them, either...

Smugglers On A Ferry -

Missing a few textures -

As in all of them...

Missing a few props -

Maybe you guys can help me with that last one.  As you can see, the Country Club is missing a majority of its props...but not all of them.  There are trees on the right side of the course.  Also, across the street there are a line of Small Maxis Flower Gardens.  One of them is fully propped...the rest aren't.  This problem is persistent throughout the entire city, and it's mainly on Maxis lots.  Any ideas of what could be going on?  Why are only some of the props showing up, yet not others (even the same props on the same lots), even after the game has been running for long amounts of time with the graphics settings on high?
(Under Construction)

bat

Very funny pictures there, @ all!

frdrcklim

I should listen to the ethnic minorities more.  :P

As for why it's at the airport, I just wanted to experiment if it was possible. :D

Recent earthquake made airport experience a phenomenon known as liquefaction. :D
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.