• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your games oddities

Started by TheTeaCat, November 27, 2006, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

Well there has been a few additions to the thread, nice one folks :thumbsup:

underground bridges, amphibious cars,dips in road all good stuff

isn't it odd what the game will do  :D :D

A well deserved cuppa for all of you ()stsfd()

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

Adam did you do the surveyor work for that bridge by a chance? :D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Ennedi

Quote from: Pat on February 05, 2008, 04:57:20 PM
Adam did you do the surveyor work for that bridge by a chance? :D

It was not me, I know how to properly outline the bridge position  :D
Of course these were Maxis' surveyors, I only gave them general conditions  ;D

Btw, this interesting bridge appeared during my experiments with the slope mod, I want to make building land bridges much easier. As you see, I was able to make a bridge in some really new situations, but I'm not sure if such way of building would be useful for anybody... I didn't try to build bridges under water yet  :D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

nerdly_dood

I would certainly need say more if I had TRAFFIC ON THAT STREET
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

oldrogue

Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.

j-dub

Yeah, thats possible with the diagonal street helper pieces, at your own risk though, careful to demolish.

jplumbley

Quote from: nerdly_dood on February 17, 2008, 12:55:52 PM

I would certainly need say more if I had TRAFFIC ON THAT STREET

This is a normal situation with Puzzle Pieces.  It is actually very widely known that you can plop Puzzle Pieces in water, many people already do this with the Elevated Puzzle Pieces in the NAM.  If your water is more than 15m deep you will start getting underwater Elevated Puzzle Piece, traffic will still work as normal and you can go on in your daily routine, with underwater traffic..

There is another cool trick you can do...  You can have a completely underwater city.  Basically, you can go into SC4TF and change the height of the water to something that will put your existing city underwater, then go back in game and it will have your entire city looking like the City of Atlantis.  Of course you could do this the manual way with iLive Reader, but I would recommend that because, I dont think it wise for people not knowing what they are doing fiddling around in the Save Game files.  Now, with this "City of Atlantis" situation you will still have a working city, things will grow, abandon, sims will drive, etc.  Even do UDI missions underwater.  The only thing you will have lost is the ability to actaully expand your city underwater untill you reset the water level.  This could make for a cool MD if you wanted to make the City of Atlantis.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

RebaLynnTS

Don't you just love this game :)

So, puzzle pieces could be used to make underwater tunnels then? Interesting.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

RebaLynnTS

One of my projects "Deep Surveyor" is a modular underwater complex. I wanted some way to allow them to be functional, and this might do it.
Becca

Pat

sweeeeet Becca I cant wait to see that devolpment!!!

nerdly_dood

I know about the puzzle piece glitch.  I happen to be aware that using elevated puzle pieces you can make SimCity 2000 causeways that can intersect each other
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

threestooges

There have been some really interesting oddities shown (and I didn't know that about puzzle pieces in the water... good to know though), but I think this may be the first outside of SC4. I submit a recent export session from the BAT:

Contrary to appearances, it took a bit longer to actually export.

JoeST

and on the same theme as threestooges pic:

Good old dreamewever...

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

oldrogue

All I can say is you must work REALLY fast.... :D

Cativo

Quote from: threestooges on February 17, 2008, 11:03:46 PM
There have been some really interesting oddities shown (and I didn't know that about puzzle pieces in the water... good to know though), but I think this may be the first outside of SC4. I submit a recent export session from the BAT:

Contrary to appearances, it took a bit longer to actually export.
I've seen that. I think it shows the render time and doesn't include the time it takes to execute the actual script.

MIncroabl

Boy was this train driver having a bad day:

oldrogue

LOL  see he has a train full of really nasty passengers so he is pulling them with a rope to keep as far away as possible :D

Filasimo

reminds me of that stella artois commercial where the bartender was trying to pour the guy the beer but the train kept getting bumpy and so he unhitched the motorcar....linkie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1K5xYR_btw  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

RebaLynnTS

That car belongs to the invisible sim!
Becca