• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Korean website download problems

Started by planetechef, October 12, 2009, 11:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

planetechef

Hello everyone,
I have some problem for download on this website, a lot of zip files cannot be open? like this one, it s so sad because this site have so many incredible bats,  &mmm

http://cafe.naver.com/sc4labs.cafe?iframe_url=/ArticleRead.nhn%3Farticleid=710
& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

joelyboy911

Salut, Planetechef. Je crois que tu as cette probleme car ces BATs sont packages dans un '.rar'. Pour ouvrir un .rar, il faut telecharger 'WinRAR' qu'on trouve ici. WinRAR est libre pour telecharger, mais il se demande toujours "Achetez WinRAR".

If your English is better than my French, and for people who know no French:

Hi Planetechef, I think you have this problem because these BAts are packed in rar archives. To open .rar files, you have to download WinRAR, from here. Its free to download winrar, but it will always ask you to 'Buy WinRAR'. 

Hope I was understandable, hope this helps!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

planetechef

Thanks, i try with winrar but doesn't work, i think this files are invalid or corrupt :(
But however, it was helpfull because i download others Korean files with winwar that i couldn't with zip, so thanks a lot.

ps: your French is very good  ;)
& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

SimNation

The files all work just fine...I downloaded tons of stuff from them..some of them (only 1 that I got) did give a error..but the files unzipped and were editable in sc4 tool so they work. Also I must make a note...you cannot edit any of the files using reader..they have to be edited using Sc4 tool..the person probably modded it that way I guess. When I have some of the residental buildings grow in my city I will post some pictures to show that they do work(if they actually do).

RippleJet

If a file that you downloaded didn't download completely,
then you need to empty your internet cache (temporary files) before trying again.

Otherwise the same incomplete file will be fetched over and over again.
The same problem might occur on the LEX and other sites as well. ;)

sithlrd98

Been gone from here for awhile...just remember that a lot of those files grow on empty lots!

Jayson

jmdude1

As mentioned above, you should have winrar to unrar the files, its a free program.  i have had no problems with most of these downloads and i agree, there are some great ones here.
to help simnation out, i took a few pics of some of the growable res. buildings.  i edited the buildings in the last image to grow on a 3x6 lot rather than a 6x3 lot cause it was always splitting into 2 3x3 lots.
there are a few more growables that ive seen, these are just a sample.

edit: i also posted more about this korean site here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6173.0

the brown highrises in the center are from the korean site.

SimNation

Nice to see they work..all the plop ones that I got from the site work wonderfully have not gotten any growables yet though to grow.