• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Nate plays the game (and probably breaks stuff)

Started by xxdita, February 12, 2020, 01:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxdita

Hello and welcome!

So, if you take a look around this particular section of the forum, you'll find some amazing threads that show off fantastic custom content made by people I have been lucky enough to call "friends" through the years.

Well, the pictures may have faded with time, but the memories haven't.

So now it's my turn. After so long away, there is much to get caught up on. So many new breakthrough game developments on all fronts, some of which are still happening out there. Fixes to bugs I didn't even know existed, either by mods or by dll's. A whole new CAM I need to figure out. And so much more.

So this thread will be documentation of my new adventures in SC4. Along the way, I want to really dive in to just what some of the simulators and other exemplars actually do, and how they can be modded for a more customized experience. To do that, I will highlight mods that are already available for you to try out on your own. If they're not CAMpatible, then I'll dig in to why not and try to come up with a fix, or find a suitable alternative. So if you have something you'd like me to check out, by all means, let me know. Preferably the ones that mod functions, not just visuals. No doubt that some things are out of my wheelhouse of expertise, so when those times come, I will try to get someone more experienced to take a look.

I will try to add any new CAMelots I've made that you see growing to the PIMX'd board, which you will find linked in my signature. But if you see something you'd like for yourself, then it was probably from a download binge from the LEX, STEX, SimCityPlaza, CapitalSimCity, Yuhisa... so no promises, but I will try to find you a download link.

I will be starting with Vanilla SC4, though all lots grown will be CAMpatible, to make the transition to CAM much smoother. This is just a quick refresher on how the game was shipped. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll get bored with that quickly. But I probably will take the time to play with at least a couple new mods I have up my sleeves, just to see if they're as crazy as I think.

Before I go, a preview of just one of the many possibilities presented by something I find truly exciting that is in development over at ST by CorinaMarie

A whole town full of Goobers!!

Just from the few offerings of the CoriBoom duo I've seen and played with so far, I'm looking forward to seeing just what else is available and what else they'll come up with.

So what are some of your favorite mods?

PaPa-J

This will be an interesting thread to follow.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.