• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Province of Clontarf - Update 10 - Elsmere

Started by tooheys, June 01, 2007, 08:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyclone1001

Looks good, I can't believe it took me so long to find this. I've known of it for a while, but never have looked at it. Great job, great job &apls &apls

Nanami

djvandrake

Great upate!  Watering holes are always a hit with me.  :D

tooheys

Replies

Ennedi: Thanks Adam. Perhaps that is the Assassin Mobile  :D

Tomas Neto :Hi Tomas, hope you had a great New Year too. Thanks for the comments.

Schulmanator: Thanks. I think you get a discount on mother-in-laws  $%Grinno$%

Battlecat: Thanks Battlecat

ecoba: Hi Ethan. It would certainly have a bistro with typical Aussie pub fare - steak,
burgers, fish & chips, roast of the day etc. Nothing too fancy, and of course, plenty of ice cold Tooheys  :)

bat: Thanks bat

Nardo69: Hi Bernhard, I'm sure you'd fit in quite well. I'll have a cold beer waiting for you :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat: Thanks Derry, yeah I'm glad the zoo's finished, but at least the hardwork appears to have
been worth it. Now for some simpler stuff  ;)

Jmouse: Now Joan, when did I every need an excuse for a story  ;D The lot is BSC and called the
Aristocat Inn. Haven't been able to locate it on the LEX though. If I find it I'll post a link.

adroman: Hi Adrian, thanks for the comments.

Cyclone1001: Welcome Cyclone1001. thanks for dropping by  :)

976: Thanks

djvandrake: lol, I see we'd get on well. Thanks.

The Region

R:15,196
C:9,330
I:9,438

Colton

R:4,710
C:2,929
I:1,932
Colton is a popular spot for visitors with both the Zoo and famous Assassin's Inn on the itinerary. Most
visitors only spend the day but there are a couple of motels in town.

The larger and most popular of the two is the Cosy Wicket Motel. Next door is the smaller and
somewhat rundown Zoo Motor Inn. Every room is always occupied, but not necessarily by creatures with only 2 legs.

A small commercial area with town hall, station and parks. Debate has raged for years that the
town hall was built facing in the wrong direction and should in fact overlook the water. A motion is raised
every year requesting the domolition and rebuilding of the town hall, but so far wiser heads have prevailed.

Some of the most nervous cattle in the region. the brick wall on the left is
the zoo boundary. Sound travels well out here.

That's all for now folks. See you again soon.

djvandrake

QuoteSome of the most nervous cattle in the region. the brick wall on the left is
the zoo boundary. Sound travels well out here.

:D  A few lion roars would certainly make for a milkshake or two?

Great update!  :thumbsup:  Your style and terrains are so unique and refreshing.  And I really like the rail you added in.

kwakelaar

A really beautiful update, the park and town hall complex next to the water is very well made. Also the image from the cattle farm... I think it is superb. A nice combination of lots and mayor ploppables.

Nanami

bat

Colton looks really beautiful, Dave! Nice work on Colton's nature!!! :thumbsup:

Battlecat

This looks fantastic!  Great looking town.  Those really are very nervous cattle there, I hope the zoo doesn't have too many escapes! 

Tomas Neto

Fantastic city, Dave!!! Nice landscape, and suburbs too!!! This lake is very well done!!! Great work my friend!!!  &apls

Cyclone1001

Good update, I like the park around the statue and the lake :thumbsup:

ecoba

Ah, good to see you back updating, Dave. Been a while.

I think that Colton is one of Clontarf's nicest towns to date. It seems a little more spread out than the other tiles, but still has that Dave touch! The idea of the town on the lake is also very nice!

Keep up that good work!

Ethan

mightygoose

i love your ultra green forest floor like approach to city journalling, it is unique and pleasing to look at, one thing makes me laugh however... is it your trains that are really small or your trees that are really big lol
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

canyonjumper

Nice stuff here tooheys! I like the way the plopable water is used :thumbsup:

-Jordan
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Jmouse

There's so much to see in this update, Dave - details definitely abound.

The little commercial areas work well,
and the motels are very appropriate. You seem to have thought of everything - even lodging for budget-minded guests who don't mind sharing quarters with things that go buzzzzz-splat in the night.

I agree that the town hall should overlook the water, so perhaps you can provide contact information for the chairman of that committee. As long as they don't ask for a monetary donation, I'm sure we'll get along splendidly. I always enjoy a good fight with City Hall!

The farm looks great, and is so typical of your unique approach to creating rural scenes. Overall, there's a good variety of elements at work in this update. There are the more densely-forested areas, but there are some nice little landscaped spots and open areas, too, which make for a pleasantly-balanced quad.

Later...
Joan

threestooges

Looking good Dave. The small town development looks very natural, and I like the two motels you've used. They fit in very well. The Zoo Motor Inn sounds like it does a great job of theming... wait, you mean the animals aren't supposed to be in there? I'lll be over at the Cozy Wicket then. I don't know much about cricket, but I know it won't try to eat me in my sleep. Nice work on the last farm too, as usual for you. I can only wonderr if there's a difference in the milk produced there due to the cows constantly starting from the noise. Producing whipped cream perhaps? Nice work as always Dave.
-Matt

TheTeaCat

Well you've gone and done it gain, another wikked update full of details. &apls &apls

As the other comments seem to have covered everything I was going to say, I'll not
repeat them all $%Grinno$%

But that farm of yours looks marvelous  :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

tooheys

Well I thought I'd better drop in before I have to send myself to the in-active thread  :D

Anyway, I've been busy with other things lately, but should be able to spend some more
time on Clontarf over the next couple of weeks

Replies

djvandrake:Milkshakes straight from the cow, great idea  ::) Thanks for the comments

kwakelaar:  Thankyou, I appreciate the comments

976:Thanks

bat: Thanks bat

Battlecat: Not too many but you can always find the lions, they're at the dairy farm  :)

Tomas Neto: Thanks Tomas

Cyclone1001: Thanks

ecoba: Hi Ethan, yeah I was happy with how Colton turned out. Thanks

mightygoose: lol John. The trains are small   ;D Actually when you compare
Jeroni's eucalypts to the ones growing around here they are quite nicely scaled.

canyonjumper: Thanks Jordan

Jmouse: Well I'm sure City Hall look forward to your input, they won't know what hit them  :D

threestooges: lol, well as long as you always have a beer in your hand, you'll soon work out cricket.
I'll reserve a room for you.

TheTeaCat: Thanks Derry, I appreciate the comments especially from a master of farms as you are. :)

io_bg

That's a great looking rural area! The combination of the terrain mod, trees, ploppable water and detailing makes everything look so realistic! &apls My only remark is that you could build a normal rail crossing instead of such an expensive underpass ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

tooheys

Hmmm, did I say a couple of weeks  ()sad()

Well some good news, I've started on a new Clontarf quad. At this stage
I'm working on the terraforming and the rail pass. Here's a glimpse.

Hopefully some more soon.

io-bg, thanks. You are right, a level crossing would of worked just as well but we
had some spare funds in the coffers   :)
Dave