• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TSC-Orange Creations

Started by Orange_o_, November 30, 2008, 03:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bladeberkman

Thank you for your quick response and suggestion! I have downloaded the terrain mod again and the same problem is occurring. The appropriate .dat file is being used and all three dependencies are accounted for. Maybe you know of another forums member that you respect the opinion of and who would be able to tell me more about terrain mod problems?

Thank you for your time!

-Blade

Orange_o_

It's amazing that this problem has occurred after a change of parameters.  ()what()

It is true that a long time I did not practice modding, try contacting Carl (Lowkee33)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

bladeberkman

Thank you, I will contact him as soon as I am able.

-Blade

Lowkee33

Some of Orange's textures use the same Instances as Maxis Textures.  The pictures you are showing are what appears if only his textures are installed, but no terrain controller.

Therefore, either you are missing a zzz_TSC_Orange....dat or you have some terrain mod loading after this file.  I would guess you have a no-erosion mod installed.

bladeberkman

@ Lowkee33:

Hey, you are right! I found the problem. I have a folder called "ZZ_HeightMod" with a file called "ImportNoErosionStandardTextures.dat." I removed it and the textures are showing up as they ought to. Now I just have to figure out what I am going to loose by getting rid of this file. Do you know what the purpose of this file is and if there are any useful alternatives that will not interfere with the PTM? You knew that something related to erosion was the problem and maybe you know of something that will fulfill the same function without altering the textures. 

In the meantime, I'll start reading up on this file...

Thank you for your advice, Lowkee33, and thank you, Orange, for making the referral!

-Blade

Lowkee33

Erosion only occurs during region rendering, and when you click the "erosion" tool.  You only need this file when you are making the region, it can be taken out otherwise.

Erosion is controlled in the same file that defines the terrain textures (So your file that uses standard textures makes exactly what one would expect to happen).  You can make your PTM have no erosion pretty quick if you know how to use ILive's Reader.  You would figure out the difference between your no-erosion mod, and the Terrain INI in SimCity_1.dat.  Then you apply these differences to your PTM.  I believe there are just two values that need to be set to "0".     

Orange_o_

You must download, extract and install in your plugins file [Megaupload link] below to get 5 Pinus props and also a MayorPlop

Orange

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

noahclem

Beautiful, glad to see these released!  &apls

Merci

Une_ame

Very nice trees :thumbsup:, to bad it isn't possible to come closer !  &mmm
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

marsh

Awesome!!11one!1  &apls

I'm a sucker when it comes to seeing new MM-plops...

;D

,marsh

CSGdesign

Oh they're just lovely!
Thankyou so much!

Tomas Neto

Wow..., really awesome!!!  &apls &apls

Girafe

Amazing job my guinea fowl  &apls &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Orange_o_

Thank's and now

Cupressus

You must download, extract and install in your plugins file [Megaupload link] below to get 3 Cupressus props and also a MayorPlop

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Simcitler

This trees are so amazing.  &apls  &apls  &apls
Thank you very much! 

cethegus

Thank you very much for this wonderful trees - as there are also Pinus Nigra.  :thumbsup:  &apls  &apls

Badsim

Do I need to tell you how I love them all ?  ;D
(Those ones and the next ones  $%#Ninj2 )

Thank you very much for sharing your work with us all  . :thumbsup:

&apls

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Une_ame

Those Cypress are the best I've seen.

&apls

Encore Bravo Orange !!
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Kergelen

Both trees are wonderful &apls &apls
Thanks

Links to SC4 websites