• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Prototype II - City founding

Started by croxis, January 26, 2010, 02:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ihatetacos

i sitll dont think its stable its crashin after ok still

croxis

Just posted a new update. Fixed some small bugs and server stability issuesl

catty

It worked  &hlp

is there a correct way of exiting it or is just shutting down the browser acceptable?
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Jonathan

It works  :thumbsup:

Except two things:
When i create a city the Your city has.... grey box is MASSIVE and I can't read all of it.
And the terrain is all grass, there are no rocks or snow.

Victor01

boh... I can see the CityMania logo, but I still can't play it  ()sad() (blank page in browser - the external application closes after "ok")

choco

^ same....

i even tried the standalone applet....

croxis

Closing the browser window is acceptable.

* Nique is rewriting the gui code, which is why I have not fixed the excessive city founded window

* If you move around you should see rocks (especially at the arrow in the north west tip) and snow in the north east.

My current.todo:
Add water (just realized water is not added!)
Do temporary window fix.
Labels for founded cities
Be able to click on and get info for founded cities
Delete own cities
Camera Rotation
Warning when you have been disconnected from someone else signing int he same user name.

croxis

No camera rotation yet.

Jonathan, you using the middle mouse button to pan around? You are welcome to hop into the chatrooom as well if you have time to help me diagnose this.

Victor01

Aaahh... finally it works!

I can see rocks. Warrior, you've got to search a very slope terrain...

Well done!

Jonathan

Well it crashes for me,
Victor, does the name besides my posts say Warrior? It was changed, so I wonder if not everyone sees it?

Korot

Quote from: Jonathan on January 31, 2010, 11:22:52 AM
Well it crashes for me,
Victor, does the name besides my posts say Warrior? It was changed, so I wonder if not everyone sees it?

He's probably still from the days your name was Warrior and some people might prefer to still use it. I think I've used Warrior a couple of times, mainly because your ST name isn't changed, well, not to my knowledge, and thus confusion about who is who is reduced.

Regards,
Korot

Victor01

Quote from: Jonathan on January 31, 2010, 11:22:52 AM
Well it crashes for me,

Oh, sorry Jonathan...
since I'm more active at ST ( "$Deal"$ I'm GlobexCo there) I got used to Warrior - avatar is the same... anyway, no problem.

Jonathan

Oh no problem at all, I didn't mean for you to say sorry or anything, just wondering if it was working properly as the forum software is pretty complicated from what I hear.

Well It works perfectly on my mums computer, just not mine :(

croxis

Nab me sometime in the chat room if you wanna sit down and troubleshoot this.