• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

More Realistic Utility Poles, please!

Started by The_Hankerchief, October 09, 2013, 11:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Hankerchief

I'm in the military, working as a lineman in real life, and I always thought it'd be cool if this could become a thing in SimCity4. Would it be possible for somebody to create realistic-looking wooden utility poles, versus the stock transmission towers originally supplied by the game? The transmission towers use a four wire configuration; I'd like the same thing, with three wires up high and the fourth wire hung lower on the pole, as shown below. The idea is to get them to vaguely resemble the lines I work with. Don't ask why, I'm weird.

If not too much of a problem, could you also include different variants of said poles, like one with just a standard crossarm, one with varying amounts of transformers hanging on it (up to three), armless construction (insulators attached directly to the pole, as shown), riser poles, buckarm poles (two crossarms instead of one)/dead end/corner poles, air break switches, and so on?

Much appreciated. Thanks!
""Likest thou jelly within thy doughnut?"
"Nay, but prithee, with sprinkles 'pon it instead, I said solemnly, and frosting of white."