• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Question about BAT mods on RCI zones

Started by Madysepanganahi, January 09, 2019, 05:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madysepanganahi

I was going to download CAM, colossus addon mod. Before I get started downloading dozens of BATs, I want to ask a question regarding RCI BATs first. Lets say, for instance (just going to use a random number here) that I download 50 different BATs for low-density residential zones. Or like a dozen different BATs for a specific commercial zone building that could spawn. I know with plop BATs from brief testing that the plop BAT includes an option to select it manually in the games UI. But with RCI zones you can't really choose, like if you zone a low density residential zone you will get poor looking houses they dont all look the same. So I guess my question is if I download lots and lots of low residential BAT packs will the game randomly use them all? None of them? Some of them? What if I downloaded a bunch of low density residential packs of different building styles, french, japanese european, etc will the game randomly choose from all those different BAT or how does that work? thanks. My goal is to make my cities as varied looking as possible without altering core gameplay. I'd like to have as few copycat RCI buildings as i can. Thanks

pressus

Very short: the game randomly choose from all different BAT / LOT, but depending on the economic conditions, environmental conditions, etc.
You can check random build in zones, accelerating the game to the maximum and destroying consecutive buildings.
If you use CAM, everything is explained in detail.
Ploping is the best for bat / lot (CI) functional, there is no good application to R. However, it depends on whether you are building a city model or a living, realistic city.
Sorry guys, I'll be here next week, so good luck!