• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strechnitz

Congratulations mon ami &apls &apls &apls

You deserve it ;D

Strech.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

Giligone

Wow, its been a while since I was here. But, your work is better than ever Badsim. Its living proof that with enough patience you can do just about anything with sc4. Great work. I'll be back more often now.

Is there anywhere I can find this building?

Pat

&apls &apls &apls Cedric Congrats on the second trip to the HoF!!!  I was wondering are you gonna upload the new lots you made at all by a chance???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sebes

Mes compliments Cedric! 

And I also 'd love to get my hands on your lots ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Badsim

Sorry for the delay , but WOW ....

()lurker()

MD closed .

$%Grinno$% ... no , just a joke .

Well , what can say ?  %confuso ...

Despite praises , I don't forget any second that I'm not the creator of anything here ; I'm just bringing together already existing things , from true creators .
I enjoy as an honor to be in this section for a second time , although I didn't intend to update AntigOne so early . December's update was hard to release and so "time-eating" . Each MD has its own rhythm , a kind of breathing ... depending of our desire or saturation .
Oh well , I feel constrained to be especially interesting again . OK , what would you think about LotEditing Sandrasim1's Nettan Building with me - just to show there's nothing in AntigOne you can't do ?

Hehe , take it as a challenge . ;D

So , for those wich are interested , we are going to integrate the Nettan Building to an Haussmannian block .

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tools required :
LotEditor & PluginManager .

Step 1 :
Creation of a virgin Plugin Folder ( for a better organisation ) . The best way is to launch LE after have moved your original Plugin Folder to your desktop . A new proper virgin Plugin Folder is immediately created at the right place .

Step  2 :
The downloads ( or transfers , if you have already some of the files needed , personally I duplicate files with WindowCommander .)

- SAS Nettan Builging . Sandrasim1 - LEX .
- RCI Building Prop Mod . This file was originally available at the main site (Simcity.com) . MAXIS buildings as props : essential ! . It seems that it is not available anymore , but have found this file again in El NukePlant Prop1 by El Burro - STEX .
- European Props . Ralphaelninja - STEX . This file is a complementary one of the RCI Building Prop Mod above ...
- Paris Metro Pernety . Porkissimo - STEX .
- Paris Corner Dany Shoes . Porkissimo - STEX .
- Paris Large Modern Library. Porkissimo - STEX .
- Paris Garage Levert . Porkissimo - STEX .
- Paris Immeuble Louis XIV . Porkissmo - STEX .
- Paris Avenue de L'Opera . Porkissimo - STEX .
- Porkie Props Vol1 European Street Accessories . Porkissimo - STEX .
- JENXGare du Nord . Xannepan . First version - STEX . I know , that's a huge download for a prop ...
- JENXParis rue du Four . Xannepan - STEX .
- Jeronij Props Vol 03 Ploppable Trees and Seasonal Woods . Jeroni - LEX .
- BSC MEGA Props swi21 vol 01 . swi21 - LEX .
- NDEX BAT Props Frogface Vol01 . Admin - LEX .
- Restaurant Row . simgoober - STEX .

Step 3 :
Porkissimo's models being Buildings not available as props , we need to create these props . A few seconds with Plugin Manager .
You need to be sure that these Porkissmo's BATs are unzipped in the root of your Plugin Folder , Plugin Manager reading not files in subfolders ... that's one of the reasons why we needed to create a virgin Plugin Folder .

1 -  Launch Plugin Manager , you'll get exactely this if you have followed the exact process above :

2 - Now hold this file (1) and dragg it directly to the Prop subfolder (2):

3 - A new window appear with the Exemplar Name ;

4 - We are going to change this name for a better organized list of these props for LotEditor ... Almost all Porkissimo's props being named PK - *** , we are going to name them the same way . You just have to click on the name ...

5 - Change the name to PK - 4 Place de l-Opera (1) , and then just click on OK (2) ;

6 - Click on OK again ...

7 - Congratulations ! This new .desc file is the prop you've just created . ;)

8 - Do the same for the following files ( dragg them to Prop subfolder , rename them , save ...)

9 - OK , that's done  , you've got all props needed for this  Lot .  :thumbsup:

Step 4 :
The LotEditing ...

1 - Launch LE , open the Nettan Building Lot ...

2 - Select all props , drawing a square including the entire Lot with the pointer of your mouse in the right window and then delete them all using the Suppr key .

3 - Do the same for base textures and overlays ...

4 - Enlarge the Lot to 6x6 , this is the maximum size you can give to a growing Lot with LE ....

5 - Add the new base texture - an original MAXIS' one -

6 - and now the overlay for parking places ... - an original MAXIS' one too -

7 - We are now going to add a second overlay at the corners ...

8 - Bring this second overlay to the right tile with the right orientation and hit DD on your keybord before to plop it .

9 - We are now going to add the first prop from those we have created : PK - Metro Pernety ....

10 - ... and all the others . Note : we didn't need to create a prop for Xannepan's rue du Four , as the prop was already available in the download .

12 - An overview on what we have done ... you have noticed that the exact positioning of these props has to be controlled in the left window .

13 - We can add a tree as we have an access to Jeroni's Trees Prop Pack ...

14 - We can start to work on sidewalks with this prop from Xannepan's Gare du Nord ...

15 - ... and this beautiful streetlamp from Porkissimo's Modern Library ...

16 - Why not to add these railings from NDEX Prop Pack ?

17 - And finally these trees from swi21 Prop Pack . Don't forget to rotate them each time you use them .

18 - An overview on what has been made so far ...

19 - Time to add another detail like these trash containers from Porkissimo ...

20 - Now go to this corner ... as I'm using many time the same Parisian BATs - there's not an enough large choice of them to avoid repetitions - we are going to add a few props to change their look .

21 - This prop is an original one from MAXIS and is available with LE 'cause we have installed RCI Building Prop Mod and European Props from Ralphaelninja ...

22 - Now use it a second time , rotated like this , the purpose being to hide the original corner of this BAT ...

23 - This has to be verified by rotating the Lot .

24 - Another MAXIS' prop to use ...

25 - Not enough details . We are now going to add these shopfronts ...

26 - Twice here ...

27 - And a third time here .

28 - Time to work the same way this other corner .

29 - We need to use this prop 3 times too to be perfect .

30 - Rotate again the Lot for our last intervention on the look of these BATs ...

31 - And for that we are going to use this prop from simgoober's restaurant rows ...

32 - Result .

33 - Ok , we are going to work on these sidewalks , giving them another look than the previous ones .

34 - Time to save our Lot , using "Save As" another name ... personally I'm just adding a letter ( C like Cedric ) so I'm sure to find again this Lot easily .

35 - Let us have an ingame preview ...

Hehe , not bad ...

To be continued . Hope this tutorial is enough clear and interesting to motivate some of you to reproduce it . ;)
I'll be more than happy to see those adventurers post their result here . :thumbsup:
We'll finish this Lot here together ...

A few quick replies now .
@Giligone : Sede Endesa is available at Capitalsimcity.com , go to "Descargas" section ...

The dependencies list for my Lot must be impressive , I'll have a look to see if it's reasonable to upload it .

@Mightygoose : The BAT you're requesting for is from Xannepan , prop available in a BSC JENX Props Pack I think ...

@Bernhard ; indeed this real picture (and two others) were from Strasbourg . For a long time Strasbourg Christmas market was the most famous of France  ... copied everywhere now , rarely equalled since (IMO). The origine of many Christmas traditions are Alsacian ( Alsacien) like the Christmas Tree which was originally a simple fir ornate with painted apples ... it was a very very long time before Coca Cola's Santa Claus . ;D

My apologies for no more replies so far , well , I've spent ....more than 4 hours to write this post !  :-[

But a big thank you to each of you .:)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Krio

Uh huh   :o and you say that you're not a creator. Good sir, you make NEW buildings using bats and props. I wish I would have as much patience as you in LE. I think that I speak the truth when I claim you as best lotter and MDer ever.

sandrasim1

I love what you have done so far with this lot and I look forward to seeing it finished! &apls

I saved every page of AntigOne before going on Christmas Holidays so I could read it leisurely offline and it has been very inspirational reading. Keep up the good work.

"I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work"  Thomas Alva Edison

TopCliff

YOU . . . ARE . . . A . . . GOD!!! You must seriously have more plugins than me, and that's over 14.7 gigs!!! I've LOTted my own things before, but none of them come even close to your dedication and patience. I almost feel like saying Teach me your ways Master. Too cliched though. Later.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

Ennedi

Hello Cedric,

I'm sorry (as one of moderators) that we forced you to an additional effort exactly when you intended to make some relax  :-[
Our our main goal is to always select a few MDs which deserves a really special attention  :). Many times we promote not the result, but the potential, and it's a great pleasure for us if we see it's an impulse to make something outstanding - and these are different things, because everybody has his/her own measure.

But if something is really the best, we can't do anything else but to show it  :D. And it's a great thing some of our friends was awarded some time ago and they still deserve an award  :thumbsup:

To be honest you wouldn't need to make any update during this month, this is approximately enough time to sit quietly and carefully read your MD from the first page to the last one once again  :)
But if you want to show us something, thank you for it! And you did today the best thing (for me at least): you showed some of your work methods and it isn't less fascinating than other updates  :D
I have many things to do, both in RL and in SC4. But as I told you some time ago, I want to start lot editing and now I think it will be soon.
You showed some aspects of lot editing I just was going to ask you - so you will have less problems with me in future  :D

Thank you again Cedric and don't feel being forced to anything!  :thumbsup:

Edit: I have an idea - maybe it will be good in future to PM to MD authors after the first selection and ask them if they want/are able to work during this special month... I think it can increase this award prestige and it can be more comfortable for authors in the same time - what do you think about it?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

kimcar

&apls &apls &apls Like Krio said , if your not a creator what do you are ? For me you are one, and a very  good one. I just discover how we can do prop with building. Thanks so much with this tuto. That`s gonna be very usefull.   :thumbsup:Great result btw  &apls &apls BTW where did you get pkluzglobe props ?. I thought that i have all dependencies of porkie

Pat

Cedric you are a master and that is said with this tutorial at least we can recreate at least one master piece that you made.... You do so much wonderful creations with all bats and props its just sooo hard to recreate what you have made...

NB: Ive reread what Adam said and his edited post I too would second that, If a MD is choosen again to go OSITM that the author be PM'ed and asked if they could handle it...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mightygoose

BEST CITY PRESENTATION EVER.

nothing else.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bat56

MD CLOSED......... :'(
Oufff c'est un gag....... :D

My heart stop a few seconds, but just after you show, once again, your abilities Cedric.
I understand better why Antigoine is so special and unique.

Thank you for this great little tutorial!!!

Welcome in 2008.  :thumbsup:

bat

Yes, it's  a wonderful tutorial there!
Thanks.

Pat Riot

should be required for every noob who wants to upload "Creatively arranged props" (aka five maxis buildings thrown together). What you have done is some of the best lotting I have seen.

warconstruct

there is to it one works really immense!  &apls &apls

bravo je te tire mon chapeau , et merci beaucoup pour l'aide ! sa ma bien aidé pour l'utilisation du L.E  :thumbsup:

bonne continuation  ;)
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

sebes

Thank you very much for this! I will try this out, for sure, when time permits.  A lesson by the master-of-all-lottting is something nobody can ignore  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

ManuelR

Wow it's unbelievable how you do this.
I've looked through the whole MD yesterday and I saw some straw balls. Could you please tell me from where they are?

:thumbsup:

pvarcoe

It been pointed out already, but you ARE a creator.

I know that technically you are using other's creations; but the way you put them together brings them to life.
Your city is a living breathing city.
You create at a level no one else approaches.

Thank you for this most recent tutorial. The steps and techniques are invaluable.
And Happy New Year!

Phil

Yoman

This excellent tutorial motivated me to relot a few things for my own cities. And you've shown me a few new textures and such that I like using alot now.

Just thought I'd take your invitation to show what I've created after seeing this tutorial and will post this.

EDIT - Welcome to Page 45  ;D

EDIT 2 - Hope Im not hijacking the thread or anything but heres another I just completed.