• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

buzzits power project

Started by Buzzit, August 10, 2010, 02:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzit

ok i changed plans a bit because i still though to thick but i finally have the final version of the suspension tower
so the suspension tower is now completed

heres a picture wich shows you the previous models and the final one:

from now on every pylon will have the same thickness as this final one!

peter007

this is looking good ,
but isn't it now a little bit thin or is this just scaled to real-life?

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Buzzit

Quote from: peter007 on October 03, 2010, 12:35:43 PM
this is looking good ,
but isn't it now a little bit thin or is this just scaled to real-life?
no its more correct now then the last model because that was still somewhat to thick
well we will see how it looks in game but i think it would look better
i wish i could compare it to a render from metarvo's collection cuz his pylons are insanely realistic

Aaron Graham

Looks good. &apls I did not know there way someone else that does power lines.
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

peter007

Quote from: Buzzit on October 03, 2010, 02:01:39 PM
no its more correct now then the last model because that was still somewhat to thick
well we will see how it looks in game but i think it would look better
i wish i could compare it to a render from metarvo's collection cuz his pylons are insanely realistic

ok. I just wasn't sure about. But as I said it look good

Buzzit

and when i though that it couldnt be any better
i was just so wrong!

better then this is impossible for this model!:

and an ingame shot of this pylon:

it aint high quality because i scaled down the picture

the pylon is about 40 meters in length

peter007

They're looking fine buzzit

,but I have a request could you make (or did you made) this one

greetz Ernst

Buzzit

Quote from: peter007 on October 05, 2010, 11:24:17 PM
They're looking fine buzzit

,but I have a request could you make (or did you made) this one

greetz Ernst

hey thx you like them :)

about your request
im accually to busy for requests at the moment. i barely even have  time for my own models
you could try to ask it to mrtnrln he's a pro in batting things like your request :thumbsup:

max

MandelSoft

Well, what you show here is not really my cup of tea.  By the way, I'm also quite busy (university, NAM-stuff and other ongoing projects of mine)...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Buzzit

Quote from: mrtnrln on October 06, 2010, 03:50:20 AM
Well, what you show here is not really my cup of tea.  By the way, I'm also quite busy (university, NAM-stuff and other ongoing projects of mine)...
I allready had the feeling you were busy aswell i didn't ment it wrong or something but i just thought your were the best person from him to suggest it to

anyways P007 can't you model it your self then? i mean.. you did create  things with bat and a pylon like this aint that hard (unless you want it wired)

peter007

metarvo

Nice, Buzzit!  Somehow, it looks smaller than I imagined it would be, but it's probably just me since I'm not that familiar with the RL pylon.  It looks much better thinned down.  I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with this as much lately, but I've sort of been swamped with RL, with no time to even play SC4 at all.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Buzzit

Quote from: metarvo on October 07, 2010, 09:45:08 AM
Nice, Buzzit!  Somehow, it looks smaller than I imagined it would be, but it's probably just me since I'm not that familiar with the RL pylon.  It looks much better thinned down.  I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with this as much lately, but I've sort of been swamped with RL, with no time to even play SC4 at all.
thx man!
well small? its about 40 meters in high! i dont know if thats small in america but i think its pretty close the the RL height.
Don't worry! i got the same things going on arround here! i only have a small amount of time to model.
So ain't any progress on your pylons?

MR.Y

Maybe you can make a mod with them...

But one thing I wonder: I know Powerlines more like this

Buzzit

Quote from: MR.Y on October 07, 2010, 02:53:41 PM
Maybe you can make a mod with them...

But one thing I wonder: I know Powerlines more like this
hey
yeh i know that type!
im pretty familiar with the german pylons!
that will be my next pack!

Une_ame

&hlp &hlp

I just find your topic. You creation are realy nice !!! I think they will deserve a HD treatment. Ask me if you need special pics.

Keep going.  :thumbsup:
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Buzzit

Quote from: Une_ame on October 08, 2010, 02:35:36 AM
&hlp &hlp

I just find your topic. You creation are realy nice !!! I think they will deserve a HD treatment. Ask me if you need special pics.

Keep going.  :thumbsup:
hey thanks man!
but wait? do you mean there's another way to 'HD' them? cuz i already renderd them in HD! but if so tell me about it!
and thanks for the picture offer if you got some great shots i would love to see them  :)

tag_one

Quote from: Buzzit on October 07, 2010, 01:50:11 PM
thx man!
well small? its about 40 meters in high! i dont know if thats small in america but i think its pretty close the the RL height.
Don't worry! i got the same things going on arround here! i only have a small amount of time to model.
So ain't any progress on your pylons?

The height looks good for this one. But keep in mind that all buildings in SC4 are 1,6 times taller then in RL. This is because maxis decided to make sims 4 meters tall instead of a normal 2 meters ;)

Buzzit

Quote from: tag_one on October 08, 2010, 10:53:07 AM
The height looks good for this one. But keep in mind that all buildings in SC4 are 1,6 times taller then in RL. This is because maxis decided to make sims 4 meters tall instead of a normal 2 meters ;)
wow allright
thats good to know.
yeh i measured my pylon with the others and its rather small indeed. especially for a 380 kv pylon wich is  pretty big most of the time.
but on the other hand i think the size is good. so i keep it this way. unless people suggest to make it somewhat bigger