• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rural power lines

Started by willy88, August 20, 2007, 08:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

Quote from: j-dub on September 09, 2008, 01:49:58 PM
Its better than nothing. Could you do one with out the wires?

Here it is, j-dub.

Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

j-dub

Thats great, especially for people who have hilly areas.

metarvo

Thanks for the compliment, j-dub.  I actually meant to start out with unwired power lines, but I just couldn't live without the wires. ::)  I agree, these would work better in hilly regions.  Ploppable power line wires just don't line up on slopes, but those on Maxis power lines do.  That's curious, isn't it?
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

Streetlight 725

metarvo,Nice power poles.I also wanted wooden power poles too.Is it avable to download it? &apls :thumbsup: :)

j-dub

I do like wires, but if only it wasn't for the slope conforming issue. Thats one of the reasons why in the 3RR thread, those power poles had the wires removed. The only possibility is to make a non-functional draggable Exemplar-21 network for the powerlines. Someone was doing a project with wires slope conforming, but they still needed some giant poles for them, but then again I think it hanged over the rails. Fukuda had replaced the Maxis powerlines powerpole models with the white, and red paint scheme removed, but I don't think more than one power line network would be possible, at least not in the utility menu, anyway.

Streetlight 725

Can it just be plopable with wires?

metarvo

Yes and no, Streetlight 725.  The wired versions use overhanging wires.  On completely level ground, this is no problem, since the wires visually connect when the poles are placed just so.  On sloped ground, the wires do not behave properly, and they just won't connect properly.  My "beta," as I'm calling it, contains both wired and unwired versions of my poles.  They're not available yet, but I am working on uploading them, somewhere.  I'll post here when they become available.  They will be ready when they're ready.  (I've just been dying to say that!  $%Grinno$%)

EDIT:  Streetlight 725, you just had to find them before I posted this!  You spoiled my joy. :D  I guess I'll recover.

Streetlight 725

It needs a dependcy. ()what()
When i got them.In the game,it showed brown boxes.
Can you tell me a depency.

metarvo

Well, it's my first upload, so I knew I would goof something up. :-[  Anyway, I have uploaded the SC4MODELs for my power poles, to the same place where I uploaded the LOTs.  A new updated version is now available, where I uploaded the original.  I believe the models were causing the issue.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  I appreciate the sudden interest in my humble attempt at BATting and LOTting, Streetlight 725 and j-dub. :)

Streetlight 725

Okay,I will test them out later on today in the game.I will tell you if it worked or not.

metarvo

All right, I have uploaded v 0.2, complete with transparent textures.  As long as there are no major problems, it will probably be my last upload for a while, since RL is on my case right now.

Streetlight 725

metarvo,They work now. :)
Looks good in the game.
Can you also create these power poles?

metarvo

I might try to do that sometime, but I hardly have time to BAT right now.  It looks like something I would like to do, though. :)

Shadow Assassin

QuoteActually metarvo, that's a step in the right direction. A while back I looked into the power lines a bit. I forget where the information is (though I'll look into it) but all it should take is replacing the model file... fukuda might be able to share the process, but until then I'll see what I can find.

The models can be changed - they're just S3D models.

But the new model would need to be at the same height as the old one, since I presume the wires are hardcoded in, and that means they may not be height-adjustable (I assume the wooden ones are shorter in height than the metal ones?)...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

MandelSoft

Quote from: Streetlight 725 on September 11, 2008, 12:48:43 PM
metarvo,They work now. :)
Looks good in the game.
Can you also create these power poles?

You mean something like this?

Just need to render the poles (and that would take a loooooong time)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Streetlight 725

Quote from: mrtnrln on September 12, 2008, 04:16:22 AM

My state have these pole too.There in the USA too.
That would be another great power pole. &apls

Andreas

Looking great, Maarten! It looks very similar like the ones I can see from my window (the isolators are not green,though). :)
Andreas

metarvo

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on September 12, 2008, 03:08:06 AM
(I assume the wooden ones are shorter in height than the metal ones?)...

Actually, they are.  The metal poles are about 46 m tall, while the wooden ones are about 31.28 m tall.  I tried to estimate the measurements based upon RL and pictures, but I have never personally measured one from top to bottom, just so you'll know. $%Grinno$%

Quote from: mrtnrln on September 12, 2008, 04:16:22 AM

Tell me about it, Maarten.  It was taking about an hour for me to render each pole at one point, especially the metal ones. I had heard about the long waits involved with the BAT, but I never expected anything like this.  &mmm
So, I can truthfully say that I would feel your pain on that one.  Anyway, this is excellent work!  Keep it up!

supercity124

How about a single wooden power pole with three crossarms and six hanging insulators as a subtransmission power line?? ;D
Cities will have tall buildings, and rural areas will have farms and power lines.

I AM YOUR LOCAL CITY PLANNER OF THE FUTURE

jacqulina