• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Train traffic generator mod

Started by snickm, July 18, 2007, 11:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snickm

I've been using the american traffic generator mod in my cities & I think they're awesome.  Could one of these be made for trains, too?  Please?

Ennedi

Great idea, it would be even better if it could be two separate generators: for freight and passenger trains  :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Swamper77

These can easily be done. I'll see about making the script for this later this week. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to do. For the lot that contains the generator for the train traffic, what should it look like so it will blend in and be realistic at the same time? Mind you, the lot will be one that sits alongside the tracks so it can be used anywhere ;)

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

snickm

You rock!  Thanks for helping with this. 

First off, if it could be separated between freight & passenger trains, that would be cool, but if not, not big deal.  As far as the look, if it could plug in as part of the rail line, that would be perfect (a la the American traffic generator that looks like a regular road).  If that's not possible, then either grass or possibly dirt should work.  I suppose it could have some sort of train signal or signage on it, but again, I'm not picky.

Thanks again for your help.

Swamper77

Snickm,

How about this? :

A shed with some maintenance equipment on a 1x1 lot for the Freight Train Generator

- and -

A small trackside platform on a 1x1 lot for the Passenger Train Generator

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!

Ennedi

Swamper77,

Both your ideas are very good. But on open space (forest, mountains etc., also on the slope along the seaside or riverside) it could be good to have something else. For example
- Train traffic light for the Freight Train Generator
- St. Andrew Cross (or different traffic light, or other sign) for the Passenger Train Generator
Both of them can blend in also in more urbanized area, near stations etc.
(Of course it's only my opinion  :))
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Swamper77

Okay, signals would probably be a better idea ;) There is a set on the STEX (here), so would you mind me using the props from it for the lots?

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!

snickm

Swamper77,

I think the signals would be great.  I can't wait to see this in action!

Ennedi

I agree about these signals, they are OK  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions

Swamper77

Snickm, Ennedi, and others,

The files are now live on the LEX: Get them here!

One DAT file with the two lots and the script file for producing the trains. Both lots have custom icons, showing the type of trains that each lot will produce. Fullsize images that were used for the icons can be seen on the LEX when you go to download the file.

You will need to download this file for the signals to appear on the lots: Rail Signal Lots. You just need to download it for the props.

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!

snickm

Today's my birthday - so this was a great present!  Thanks again for making this.

Ennedi

Swamper77,

These pictures were made a while ago in completely undeveloped region using your Train Generators.

The great advantage of them is they give possibility to check how looks various train sets, without having busy rail line. Also it will be a great addition to many MD's.

Thank you very much!  &apls &apls &apls

New Horizons Productions

Swamper77

I'm glad you and Snickm are enjoying them. I just opened a new thread today for handling the requests of automata generators: Automata Generator Requests

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!

rakum2

/wrrd%&..the link "get it here" goes to the page ...but not able to Download the mod??? help me pls...my trains are not showing up??

RippleJet

You need to register on the LEX first, before you can download. ;)

WannGLondon

What about a bus generator please?  :)
Call me Warren.

Getron

Hi WannGLondon,

Seems Swamper77 opened a new thread for handling the requests of automata generators.

Quote from: Swamper77 on July 21, 2007, 02:17:38 PM
I'm glad you and Snickm are enjoying them. I just opened a new thread today for handling the requests of automata generators: Automata Generator Requests

-Swamper77

Perhaps there is the better please to request a bus generator.

Getron

catty

Its been a few years since Swamper77 was on site, I don't know that you are going to get an answer either here or on the other board unfortunately   :'(
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Xiao~mao

Yes its very Sad that Swamper 77 is gone  ()sad() I was hoping to request a elevated rail generator and a Generator for Mike's Japanese automata that he never finished, found here: http://props.freeservers.com/modd.htm  :'(
Xiao ~ Mao =>o<= Meow~!

mike3775

Quote from: WannGLondon on May 01, 2012, 08:50:05 PM
What about a bus generator please?  :)

Plop a crapload of bus stops, you will have have a lot of buses then.  I have noticed that using RTMT bus/sub stops and plopping alot of them, alot of my road traffic is buses, so much so I have considered tweaking the settings to where buses do not add to congestion  lol