• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Desert Springs: update 20 - More from Nottingham and changes at the airport...

Started by amapper, November 05, 2009, 06:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amapper

*I'm trying a different format for replies. What do you think?

Quote from: kwakelaar on December 13, 2009, 01:41:10 AM
Nice updates and you are beginning to get some really great looking towers downtown.

• Hey, thanks. The downtown is probably a little out of scale for the city's population. Glad you enjoy the update.

Quote from: Cyclone1001 on December 13, 2009, 05:08:50 AM
Very nice. If I knew a way to make the airport for you, I would, that is pretty much all I do. Keep up the good work!

• He, no problem. I am slowly putting detail into the ramps as you suggested. It does look much better.

Quote from: calibanX on December 13, 2009, 07:36:16 PM
I like your industrial area. Warehouse sprawl is a beautiful thing in my opinion  :thumbsup:

Geoff

• Most cities have large expanses of small shops and warehouses. I need to work on that more. Thanks!!

Quote from: Battlecat on December 14, 2009, 08:40:30 AM
It appears you're starting to grow rapidly now!  Interesting planned layout for this new area, it's going to be interesting to see what this area looks like in the long run!

• I was looking for a template if you will that would enable me to rapidly build large expanses of suburbs. I try to add in things like schools, shopping and other facilities to give some break in the over all look.

Quote from: Tomas Neto on December 14, 2009, 08:53:13 AM
Wow my friend, another great update!!! The growth of the your region is impressive!!!  :thumbsup:

• Thanks Tomas. It is growing quite quickly. As it gets larger it will enable me to do more things. I tend to expand fast. Probably because I lack the patience and detailing ability that you and others possess.

Quote from: Luke09 on December 14, 2009, 10:03:23 AM
I love your urban sprawling  &apls really nice pics,btw,where can i found the terrain mod you're using?I really want to use a sand terrain mod.

• Thank for stopping by. Hope you received the PM with the mod info.

Quote from: Cyclone1001 on December 14, 2009, 03:01:59 PM
I find it unfair that you are that good! :P

• Thank you, but I feel the same way when I view the great work of so many of our fellow builders here. Keep at it.

Luke09

good way of replying.Did you posted pictures in this post?Because if yes,i cant see them  &mmm
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Battlecat

Good thought about the suburbs.  Some cities prefer to take that approach while others design their subdivisions as the opportunity arises.  Certainly looks good the way you're putting it together. 

That beltway is a pretty huge project!  Looks like the regional planner is thinking a long ways ahead for future growth! 

Luke09

Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

danielcote

sumwonyuno

I'll be waiting to see how those lots fill up.   ;)

Hmm, I do find it weird that there's so much evergreens in the suburbs in a desert region.  ::)

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

SeanSC4

Great updates amapper.

I must admit to being a real fan of your region picture. Those mountains are amazing.

Tomas Neto

oktoberfest

I couldnt think of anything to put here, so i put this :D