• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

I say if there are so many patches uploaded and NAM 38 takes long enough (Not ready by Christmas) it might be worth releasing a mid-version with all the bug fixes for the sake of convenience of new people not having to download  whole bunch of patches in out-of-the-way locations...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

figui

i had posted this in the NAM 37 Now Available! thread, but maybe here is a better place:

Quote from: figui on July 16, 2020, 02:39:48 PM
i can't get the type A1 or B1 transition for diagonal RHW6S. the preview shows ok but when placed the intersection disappears. 
it works fine with diagonal RHW4
()what()
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

als98

I downloaded NAM 37 today--everything seems to be working great except one thing: even though I checked the option for OWR arrow reduction in the installer, I now have the maxis-default double arrows in every cell of new one-way roads, even though I'd successfully had the reduced arrows in NAM 36 and previous versions. Any idea why I might be having this issue or how I could fix it? I even tried uninstalling and re-installing and that didn't seem to fix it. Not a huge deal, the obnoxious arrows are just a bit annoying. Thanks!

mgb204

If you want to absolutely kill the OWR arrows once and for all, try using the attachment on this post. By overriding the source texture, it really removes them all with just a couple textures.

I've too found the OWR removal plugin to be a bit hit and miss, so took drastic action.

steave

Hi,everyone. Please help me. I installed NAM37.
I looking for one of the puzzle piece which crossing Diag HSR x Orth Rail. But I can't.
I suspect that I haven't installed the NAM37 correctly. So I re-installed 3 times. However, the same phenomenon occurs.
Can you find the right piece to fit this picture in your HSR? And what should I do?

Tarkus

Looks like in the process of having to separate out every Rail-related crosslink from every NAM Plugin during NAM 37 development, one half of that puzzle piece (including the model, exemplar, and paths, plus the preview model) went completely MIA, while half remained in.  Place this patch file somewhere in your Network Addon Mod folder, where it'll load later (i.e. in the z_NAM Controller_RHD or z_NAM Controller_LHD folder).

-Alex

paddy0174

Hello everybody!

Great release, I can def. say, that it makes my game faster.  :thumbsup: It takes a little longer to load, but when inside a city, I have a lot less "hanging" while scrolling. Thanks a lot!

But, unfortunately, no good without bad. I'm having some problems, maybe someone could help me out here. :) They mostly seem to be with RRW involved. But, I had the RUM (Rivit) installed with NAM36 and left it in the folder after upgrading to NAM37. I also tried it without the RUM with NAM37, but to no avail. It didn't change the problems...

• First one, RRW L1 viaduct with RHW6S

• 90% of my RRW bridges seem to be MIA...  :D

• HSR and RRW
    • and here, if I use the puzzle piece for this, I get the texture of the pedmall instead of a track texture..

Or are these only RRW/RUM problems? Maybe it is something I did wrong, or I missed something in the install instructions, I don't know. :)
Back to the game after nine years - and everyday I find something totally new! :)

steave

Hi, Tarkus. Great thanks for supporting. I succeeded in connecting the HSRail.

Jack_wilds

... and as paddy0174 is with rivit-RUM add-on [which i did like] AND additionally is NorthCountryDude stuff with rail... it seems to me there was a "add-on" plug in whatever was made made to change his textures to rrw but can not find now... will his stuff be lost to?... however I chose rrw over all other rail and still is best for everything rail... for as complex as this nam is it appears that issues are not so many...   :satisfied:

eggman121

Quote from: paddy0174 on July 22, 2020, 08:10:03 AM
    Hello everybody!

Great release, I can def. say, that it makes my game faster.  :thumbsup: It takes a little longer to load, but when inside a city, I have a lot less "hanging" while scrolling. Thanks a lot!

But, unfortunately, no good without bad. I'm having some problems, maybe someone could help me out here. :) They mostly seem to be with RRW involved. But, I had the RUM (Rivit) installed with NAM36 and left it in the folder after upgrading to NAM37. I also tried it without the RUM with NAM37, but to no avail. It didn't change the problems...

Or are these only RRW/RUM problems? Maybe it is something I did wrong, or I missed something in the install instructions, I don't know. :)

Hi @paddy0174

Apologies for the late reply.

Some Items need to be rebuild like the RRW bridges and clicked on like the ERRW Viaducts crossing RHW6S

With the enhancement and bug fixing on the RRW network some changes needed to be made and fixed up. The Bridge in question was bug ridden (Conflicting IIDs with the RHW6S Bridge) there was a need to re IID the bridge so the conflict could not happen.

If you spot any other issues please let us know by replying to this thread.

The RUM for RRW is not the culprit here.

-eggman121

paddy0174

Hi @eggman121, thanks for your answer. But late? No, no, no, I have paid subscriptions for support that need more time to react.  :D :D :D All is fine, I'm very happy with the new release, seems like a huge step forward (for us users and for you developers), thanks again!  :thumbsup:

Bridges rebuild, all went well!  :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I can't get the ERRW L1 over RHW 6S L0 to work. I tried clicking it, that does change some things around (in my picture the ERRW L2 is changing), but not the wrong texturing for RHW 6S.
I also tried to build this combination from scratch, unfortunately the same outcome. I also tried it in different city tiles, nope, still the same error. :(

Can someone (you) reproduce this?

But, while I'am having you here, did your catenaries made it into this release?

I was looking for other errors (error seems to be to harsh), couldn't find anything. All RHW are looking good, even the strange combinations.  :thumbsup: And I have a flexfly curve (RHW L1) that always had some life of its own, that one is now perfectly stable, no changes anymore. All in all, as I said, I'm very happy with this release, it is great. And only two errors, the ERRW/RHW and the HSR/RRW, seems to be a great outcome, for all the changes that were made to the NAM.

Thanks again, loving it!  :thumbsup: Nonetheless, can you take a closer look at this, or give me some advise on how to get more info for you?

Back to the game after nine years - and everyday I find something totally new! :)

Tyberius06

Quote from: paddy0174 on July 23, 2020, 07:46:49 AM
Hi @eggman121, thanks for your answer. But late? No, no, no, I have paid subscriptions for support that need more time to react.  :D :D :D All is fine, I'm very happy with the new release, seems like a huge step forward (for us users and for you developers), thanks again!  :thumbsup:

Bridges rebuild, all went well!  :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I can't get the ERRW L1 over RHW 6S L0 to work. I tried clicking it, that does change some things around (in my picture the ERRW L2 is changing), but not the wrong texturing for RHW 6S.
I also tried to build this combination from scratch, unfortunately the same outcome. I also tried it in different city tiles, nope, still the same error. :
(

Can someone (you) reproduce this?

But, while I'am having you here, did your catenaries made it into this release?

I was looking for other errors (error seems to be to harsh), couldn't find anything. All RHW are looking good, even the strange combinations.  :thumbsup: And I have a flexfly curve (RHW L1) that always had some life of its own, that one is now perfectly stable, no changes anymore. All in all, as I said, I'm very happy with this release, it is great. And only two errors, the ERRW/RHW and the HSR/RRW, seems to be a great outcome, for all the changes that were made to the NAM.

Thanks again, loving it!  :thumbsup: Nonetheless, can you take a closer look at this, or give me some advise on how to get more info for you?

Hi Paddy,

Hm... that strange. I managed to replicate your set-up compeletely, although I had a little fight with the stability of the ERRW(s) vs. RHW 6S, but managed to find the right combination of clicking around to get the proper result. I don't know if you used flex ramps for the RHW 6S or used the DRI pattern method, tough. (I generally use DRI almost everywhere and just as very last resort try to use the FLEX ramps, but that doesn't actually mean that the DRI would be more stable.)

So it's sensitive as hell for sure. Try the next:
1) click with the rail tool on the ERRW overpasses (L1 and L2) on both side of the RHW 6S lanes.
2) Then start clicking around, until the L1 ERRW overpass is complete
3) click onto the ramp tiles before the chevrons (before the white arrowhead-like roadmarks) - this will revert back the RHW 6S ramp to RHW 4
4) click around until you get the L2 ERRW overpass complete, but only click above the L2 ERRW overpass, don't go underneat.
5) if the L2 overpass is done, check if the RHW tiles between the two ERRW overpasses are RHW 6 or 4? If those show the RHW 4 two lanes, then click onto each of those tiles, this should revert them back to RHW 6S, but only between the two overpasses
6) here comes the trick, because I don't know how the flex-ramps are working, but with DRi with the RHW tool I started drawing the network from the narrower part to the wider side of the  ramp and on the chevron textures it showed me to be reverted back to RHW 6S, so I released the drawing tool. Repeat with the other ramp.

Well it's something like this... Maybe it will be a bit different for you, but I managed to do like this. With just clicking will not solve it. Also it doesn't hurt if you place RHW 4 starters right after the RHW ramps where they supposed to be RHW 4.

About the catenaries. For the normal RRW network that development didn't work well... too many variance, but the catenaries will return, but not on the RRW.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

paddy0174

Hi Tyberius, thanks for your answer, appreciate it! :)

Unfortunately I tried all the things you mentioned. But I think (guess) it must be something with my setup, as I can reproduce the issue in a totally empty city tile, with or without ramps, even another region. It's always the same, the RHW 6S get's turned around in the wrong direction, the path ways stay intact.

Any idea, where I could start looking? Or should I try to reinstall the NAM37 (I've done that after deleting the "old" folder)?

eggman121

@paddy0174

Have you also backed up the Z_NAM folder. I think that may be issue here.

If not remove it from you plugins.

-eggman121

paddy0174

Thanks @eggman121 for your continued support. Unfortunately I had already removed the `Z_NAM` folder... The older I get, the more I (need to) stay with instructions and readmes... Turns out reading the f** manual does save a lot of time afterwards. Who would have thought of that... :D :D :D

But in this case, I did like the readme told me to do. :| :D So I started my day yesterday with removing all folders from my plugin directory and put them back one by one, restart the game, check and go again.... :D :D :D

I can narrow it down to these six files from RUM (all in folder "F NAM Rail Viaduct")

• ERRW36 Changes Viaduct Rail.dat
  • ERRW36 Legacy Viaduct Rail.dat
  • ERRW36 L1 Shadowmasks.dat
  • ERRW36 Ramp Shadowmasks.dat
  • ERRW36 L2 Shadowmasks.dat
  • ERRW36 Changes Models.dat

Maybe the name should have taken me to the idea (the 36 could have been a hint, but hey :D :D :D). Are these or one of these files on the cleanitol list for the installation? Or did I overread something in the instructions, telling me to remove them?

Anyway, I'm glad that I seem to have found the mystery. ;) :) And now I will play the rest of the day, it get's kind of frustrating, to open the game a hundred times and then don't going to play. :) :D

Can I do anything more to debug this further?

I wish everybody a nice Sunday and stay healthy! :)

Silver Cap

Hi all!

First of all, let me say thanks to the NAM Team for bringing NAM 37. It's truly an indispensable add-on and the latest version is so much charming!  :thumbsup:

I'm here to report a slight issue with the El-rail-over-Road x Rail crossing. As you can see from the photo below, its paths seem to be missing:

Replopping the puzzle piece doesn't work, and rail can't be dragged across it either. I only noticed because my once-healthy rail connection to the neighboring city suddenly lost commuters, and everyone insisted on using the bus to the next el-rail station, passing through somewhere else in town (nobody uses the road too, the crossing arms are always down). :-[ It's the first time I've used this particular piece so I can't tell whether it's a bug from now or way back.

I'm not letting that issue get in the way of enjoying NAM 37 though, there's lots more content to use and discover  ;D

Regards from an long-time lurker and on-off player for at least a decade

Silver Cap

Mana-sama

hiiii
why does this fault happen on the highway lines?
or am I doing something wrong that produces this optical error?

Tarkus

Silver Cap, thanks for the kind words!  The attached file should fix the issue you reported.  I've also merged the fix into the latest internal build of NAM 38 (which is already in testing).  You can pretty much stick the attached file anywhere in your Plugins.

Mana-chan, that looks merely like a texture issue, likely specific to the Euro textures.  That one's going to take some investigation.

-Alex

mgb204

Quote from: Mana-chan on August 13, 2020, 02:24:59 PM
hiiii
why does this fault happen on the highway lines?
or am I doing something wrong that produces this optical error?

Likely yes the problem does originate from the EU texture set. The widths and lanes were changed for certain RHW networks and these FAR pieces look like they've not been properly converted. Assuming the US textures are correctly appearing, it's just a case of batch-producing a set of EU ones from the US set and replacing the out of date textures. I'm fairly certain this isn't a new issue though and that this problem affects other legacy RHW textures too.

Wiimeiser

Unless I'm missing something, Hybrid Rail and HSR don't seem to connect...

I can't drag roads out of the single-tile roundabouts, but I can drag streets out of both. I think it might be to do with LHD but that's my best guess. Roads are strictly forbidden, it seems.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...