• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Maps!

Started by Masochist, April 06, 2007, 09:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookies

Thanks! The city and region isn't as complete as I'd like, but I may make a map of the commuter rail/national rail system.

art128

Just a small map I did quickly this afternoon. It shows the two subway lines (Red and Green) and the suburban railway line. (blue)

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Double post...  ::)

As I finished my region (updates incoming, of course) I decided to try making a map of the transport and principal infrastructures. It's far from finished yet, I'll add things like parks, police station, hospitals, schools ect. For the moment only roads, railways, subways, the airport, elevation levels and water are done.

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

cookies

Here it is (well partially)! This is usually what I do; remove most non straight lines, simplify geometry, and keep the focus on mapping the Rail System, not necessarily the terrain.

Resized the picture. Arthur/Moderator

vortext

Great map!  :thumbsup: Though we definitely need actual game pics for reference.  :P

Your map is good too Arthur, looking forward to the finished version.  :)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

cookies

I'll oblige a little, here's a snapshot of a part of Baskerville Downtown and nearby neighborhoods. The loop portion of the Rapid on the map posted earlier serves Downtown, which is very dense, hence the need for the Rapid loop. There's actually a streetcar service to serve a new waterfront development that I have to add to the map now.

I'll probably update that map and make one for the highway system, too, eventually. :p

cookies

Ok so this is actually the Metro map for a CitiesXL city of mine, but eh, here it is:

It's very stylized, more so than many of my maps.