• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SFBT Releases

Started by Andreas, April 27, 2007, 04:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisim

Quote from: Girafe on January 07, 2012, 10:29:08 AM
We want more fom Sam Johnson  :)
Another download from Sam Johnsson is out. Hope you like it but I guess you are waiting for another one that is not ready yet ...

SFBT Severnoye Blocks by Sam Johnsson

These Severnoye apartment blocks were modeled after real buildings in the Russian town of Murmansk. Its design is one of the most common types in the former Soviet Union. This download includes three differently sized buildings that grow on six lots (three normal and three large lots). You need to select the European - contemporary tileset and to allocate residential medium density areas according to the desired lot size using the CTRL- and possibly ALT- keys, and depending on the needs of the city, Severnoye blocks will grow in low-end neighborhoods (R-§).

Dependencies:
SFBT Essentials
BSC Textures Vol 01
SFBT Playground Props by Sam Johnson

art128

Quote from: Chrisim on January 08, 2012, 02:42:52 PMAnother download from Sam Johnsson is out. Hope you like it but I guess you are waiting for another one that is not ready yet ...

Hope level: -9000 ...

Anyway, nice new one, this narrow block is perfect!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

Quote from: Chrisim on January 08, 2012, 02:42:52 PMAnother download from Sam Johnsson is out. Hope you like it but I guess you are waiting for another one that is not ready yet ...

hehe, there are lot of things that Sam Johnson doesn't release yet... but true that lot of people are waiting for his masterpiece, not especially I have a MD but could be a pity if it's not published as it's finished :)

but we trust in SFBT for modding it and lot of your jewels  :)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Jsthreadgill

I want to add rail yards to my city, but I'm having problems with the textures in the SFBT freight car sidings. I've downloaded all of the dependencies and can't figure out what the problem is. The sidings that only use two lanes work just fine, but the ones with three or more will not show up. Any ideas??? Also, I'm using a mac.

Andreas

*dusts off thread* *cough cough*

Well, it has been a while since I posted here last time... This time, it is to celebrate a special event. SimCity 4, our favorite game, celebrates its 10th birthday these days, and it has been pretty much exactly 10 years since I got hold of my pre-ordered copy of SC4 Vanilla. :) It's unbelievable that this game is still my absolute favorite after such a long time, and even though I didn't have a lot time to play since two or three years, I never dropped out of the community completely. I've seen many others arriving and leaving, some were here just for a very short time, some are here since the very beginning.

And even though the SFBT is far from dead, many great BATters have left us, or they are on an extended hiatus. One of the largest BATs that has been created for the game so far collected dust since quite a while, mainly because it's all but easy to put such a behemoth into the game properly. I'm talking about the SFBT Lomonossov University, created by Sam Johnson. I'm pretty sure many of you have been waiting for the release, and now, for this special occasion, it's finally done. Due to the sheer size, we had to split the building into three different lots, since the number of props and textures exceeds the limit by far.

For this monster, you need a big city, lots of space, and lots of money, too. The three lots come as a reward, and they are intended to build next to each other to form one giant 32x20 lot. The central building is a replacement for the in-game university, the left wings work as the Major Art Museum, and the right wings are modded as Main City Library. Please refer to the readme file for a complete list of properties, reward requirements, and a tutorial how to build this mega lot. Be sure to provide enough power, water, garbage disposal capacity and the like. We have tested this lot thoroughly, so hopefully everything will work as intended. Enjoy! :)

Andreas

hkboondoggle

Oh Lord...
Behold the magnificent!  :thumbsup:

art128

Oh my god.

I cannot contain my excitement for thus beauty. I've been waiting for years since I saw the first shots, and now that I don't have a commie region this pops up! I think I might have to put it in my city...... :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

What a resurrection  &apls &apls

Sam_Johnson has always been a talented batter. I am sure it stays lot of his stuffs which could be released  &Thk/(
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

noahclem

By God it's arrived! It's Christmas (or SFBT Advent) in January  &dance

My very sincere thanks. I've thought about this beauty many times, including earlier today  ;)

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Fabian93

I don't even know what to say... this left me speechless  :o
Fantastic work - I knew that - as Girafe already said - Sam Johnson has always been one of the greatest batters in this community... but this is simply unbelievable  &apls &apls
I'm even thinking of starting the game after years, just to try out and look at that building  :)

Fabian

MandelSoft

Seen this in the "The ones that never made the STEX"-thread. I'm glad it's finally dusted off and brought to the public. Bravo!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ivo_su

Oh my God, this is really Magnificent and I'm totally stunned. Last year I expect any data to be released this Mega BAT during SFBT calendar, but it just did not happen. I had already resigned himself that maybe this project will see the light of day today just do not have words. Congratulations and grateful to Andreas and Sam Johnson for that surprise. This is certainly the best ever published from SFBT and then at the right time - 10 years Sim Sity 4. Until today I had three favorite buildings:
St. Peter-in Yoder
Budapest Parliament - Yoder
UN headquarters - Cockatoo
Today in this threesome intervene largest building ever righting here. Incidentally UMG is the largest university in the world and was the tallest building in Moscow until 2005. Is 240 meters high with 36 floors and the whole area is extensive over 1 square kilometer.

Rhinocero

kelis

OMG !!!! I think I'm going to leave all my regions ...  This monster need a new House  $%Grinno$%

It's just an amazing piece of art, BIG THANKS !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

FrankU

M4346

I just died a little  ???  :o

&apls
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Serkanner

I think it is a safe bet to say this is amongst the most wonderful creations for he game yet. A true work of art.

sebes

Gaaasp.  It's there.. and  WOW!  It makes we wanna play the game again!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Chrisim

Even after more than 10 years of SimCity 4, the SFBT still continues to offer new downloads for the community. Today, we publish an indoor pool for your Central European cities: the SFBT Indoor Pool by Stefan

There is also an outdoor area for your Sims to relax and play, and to swim in the pool during hot summer days. The building inscription "Hallenbad" is German for indoor swimming pool. The SFBT Indoor Pool provides park and landmark effect boosts, and residential cap relief.

As shown on the screenshots, two lots are offered, a smaller lot (4x4 tiles) with some parking along the main road and a larger lot (5x4 tiles) with parking on the side. This entrance is network-enabled and by dragging a street the parking can be connected to a most road networks. When plopping the lot next to a road the connection often occurs automatically.

Dependencies:

Many thanks to Stefan. Have fun playing SimCity !!!