• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SFBT Releases

Started by Andreas, April 27, 2007, 04:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Thanks for the fix, ebina! :thumbsup: I guess I shall include this into the next release of the SFBT Essentials.
Andreas

Chrisim

Ebina, thank you for the fix :thumbsup:
I wonder how many tram stations contain paths for right hand drive only?

Andreas

Quote from: Chrisim on October 19, 2009, 02:09:55 PM
I wonder how many tram stations contain paths for right hand drive only?

Pretty much all of them, I assume. I guess rarely a BATter/lot designer ever thought of including LHD paths as well in those TE lots with special paths...
Andreas

wwvictory

I really like all these buildings but im not sure how to enable the 'euro-contempary tileset' how do i do this?

kimcar

Just want to said thanks to SFBT Team for the advent calendar. That`s a pretty good idea and thanks for all your work. &apls &apls

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Will the SFBT do it again next year?

Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Andreas

Quote from: wwvictory on December 30, 2009, 03:19:08 PM
I really like all these buildings but im not sure how to enable the 'euro-contempary tileset' how do i do this?

There's a tileset switcher in SC4 where you can pic from four different tilesets (Chicago, New York, Houston and European-contemporary - not sure how it is called in your version, though). Just click on one of the blue buttons that are located in the middle of the lower toolbar (the one with the ruler and the drawing triangle).

As for having another SFBT Advent Calendar next year, this is certainly possible, depending on how many items we have left for release. In 2009, we posted only about a dozen over the year, and then had nearly 30 releases ready by the end of 2009. But rest assured, if there's an opportunity, we won't miss it! It's great to see that you guys enjoyed it so much, and even though it was quite a bit of work, I love all the downloads as well. Now I just need to find some time to actually play the game...
Andreas

gottago

Hi Andreas,

The Advent calendar lots are really wonderful and I just installed nearly all of them, thanks for such a great Christmas present! However, I just ran datpacker I saw that all the SFBT readme's and image files are placed by default into the plugins folder and not in a separate one outside. Could you change the installer paths for these in future releases? Thanks!

Andreas

Quote from: gottago on January 05, 2010, 08:38:42 AM
However, I just ran datpacker I saw that all the SFBT readme's and image files are placed by default into the plugins folder and not in a separate one outside. Could you change the installer paths for these in future releases? Thanks!

When the SFBT set up the guidelines on how to distribute their work several years ago, we specified this folder, with the intention that users of the SC4 Startup Manager can disable it, so the game would load a little faster (but it's really only a second or two at most). Mind you, this was back in a time when many developers simply put the readme file into the same folder as the actual SC4 files. In order to avoid confusion, we never changed our policy, so the readmes are still placed into this special folder. Feel free to move the files to any other place on your own, though.
Andreas

Andreas

Update notice

I've updated two SFBT downloads that have been released in december 2009 as following:

SFBT Church and Cemetery Mod by Andreas and Khiyana

- added individual icons to the lots (I had done this before the upload, but must have picked the wrong files for the installer, so they were just included in the mod for the Maxis lots)
- separated Maxis churches and cemeteries mod into two files, so you can also decide just to replace the churches or cemeteries

SFBT Anlage Wohnglück by JohnD

- fixed a growth stage setting in one of the lots, causing it to grow too early in the development of a city
Andreas

Chrisim

There is no SFBT Advent Calendar this year, but there are new SFBT releases published in the LEX. The first one is:

SFBT Hamburg Hein-Hoyer-Str 61-67 by stephenhh

This download contains a residential building in the Hein-Hoyer-Street, located in an area of R-§ wealth just 200 meters north of the Reeperbahn in Hamburg St. Pauli

Chrisim

The second new SFBT release, published on the second Advent Sunday, is published on the LEX:

SFBT Garbage Shipping Yards by T Wrecks

This set contains three garbage loading stations with different capacity that ship the waste of your city from road to rail. These lots do not only give you a nice visual embodiment for your neighborhood deals, but also reduces the amount of garbage in your city. It combines the functionalities of a recycling center and a waste-to-energy plant, but without the heavy pollution this facility emits. Therefore it just has to be ensured that the lots are connected to the urban traffic network and, if necessary, alternative routes for passenger trains exist. Note: You can use these lots independant of an actual neighborhood deal - esp. in smaller cities - which makes it a good alternative to the default landfill.

Dependencies (see readme file for links): BSC Mega Prop Pack von Cycledogg, BSC Mega Prop Pack von Gascooker, BSC Mega Prop Pack von jestarr, BSC Mega Prop Pack Vol.2 und Vol. 3 von jestarr, BSC Mega Prop Pack Vol. 8 von jestarr, BSC Mega Prop Pack von SimGoober, Railyard and Spur Textures, Mega Pack 1.02, PEG CDK3 Garbage Docks (just the file PEG-CDK3_GarbageDock_RESOURCE.dat)

N1_2888

The third new SFBT release of this year:

SFBT Rue d'Arlon by N1_2888

Two buildings designed to cover the space at the outer corners of obtuse-angled road curves. They are kept in the same style as the BAT "Boulevard Fribourg" and are therefore also loosely based on the same engraving representing a tenement in Paris, Rue de la Paix, which is, however, only a simple row house. Both BATs are modded as functional landmarks with 132 CO-$$$ jobs. Buildings and props extent beyond the actual, just one tile large lots. Especially at roads and more rarely at one-way streets automatically generated flowerbeds can show up.

Dependency (see readme file for link): SFBT Essentials

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

N1_2888

The fourth one:

SFBT Place Trousseau by N1_2888

A building that is designed to cover the space at the outer corners of right-angled curves. The look is fictitious, but has the usual features of typical Parisian wall-to-wall houses from the second half of the 19th century: stone facade, mansard roof, cast-iron balcony and window grilles, etc.

The BAT is modded as functional landmark with 532 CO-§§ jobs. Building and props extent beyond the actual lot boundaries. The download includes two 1x2 lots: Lot 1 is destined specially for use at roads and one-way streets, while Lot 2 is intended for all those traffic routes being included in the Network Addon Mod - such as T-RAM roads -, which have narrower pavements.

Dependencies (see readme file for links):
BSC BSC MEGA Props CP Vol01
BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol 01
PORKIE PROPS VOL1 EUROPEAN STREET ACCESSORIES
SFBT Essentials

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

Chrisim

The SFBT wishs you a Merry Christmas! Hopefully you like our present:

SFBT Cafe Kranzler by peterycristi

In 1825 the Viennese confectionist assistant Johann Georg Kranzler opened a confectionary in a building at the corner Friedrichstraße/Unter den Linden in Berlin. Ten years later he opened a café at the same place. The pavement dining area established in 1833 was a novelty at that time, which was combated by the city authorities, but could remain under the protection of the king. In 1944 the house including café and confectionary was completely destroyed. The Kranzler still exists today, but at another location (corner Kurfürstendamm/Joachimstaler Straße) in a new building raised in 1957/58.

The buildings of this download are only constructed in Euro-Style on stage 6 on a 1x2 (right corner) and a 2x1 (left corner) lot of medium density. The download includes three different versions: A CS-§§§ building with 54 jobs, growable and plopable, and a R-§§§ tenement called "Unter den Linden 25" according to the former location of the real building.

Dependencies:
SFBT Props by peterycristi
SFBT Essentials

Girafe

This last series is really good  &apls &apls

thanks for sharing  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Chrisim

We present the first SFBT download in 2012 at the LEX:

SFBT Khrushchyovkaa by Sam Johnsson

Khrushchyovkaa is a slang term for mostly five-story prefabricated buildings that were built mostly in the 1960-1970 years in the states of the former Soviet Union. Large quantities of these tenements were built to approve Nikita Khrushchev in the cities of the Soviet Union, sometimes intended as a temporary solution to the housing shortage, due to urbanization and the destruction caused during World War II. Khrushchyovkaa still make out some 10% of total living space of Russia, although their quality is no longer contemporary. Khrushchyovkaa buildings do therefore still characterize the cityscape of cities on the territory of the former Soviet Union.

This set contains self-growing housing developments, with Khrushchyovkaa buildings with 2 floors (excluding ground floor), 4 floors and 6 floors and three different roofs. You need to select the European - contemporary tileset and to allocate residential medium density areas according to the desired lot size (6x2, 6x6 or 8x8), using the CTRL- and possibly ALT- keys. Depending on the needs of the city, Khrushchyovkaa buildings with an appropriate number of floors will grow in low-end neighborhoods (W §).

Dependencies:
SFBT Essentials
SFBT Playground Props by Sam Johnson

CasperVg

That looks absolutely wonderful! I'm downloading it rightaway.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Girafe

We want more fom Sam Johnson  :)

excellent job  &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

So, finally i'm able to have them... :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog