• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NHP Technical Issues - Report Problems Here

Started by moganite, January 14, 2007, 10:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxdita

HandsOn, it seems you have downloaded Volume 2. http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=795
But are missing Volume 1 http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=672

Which would, at least at this point, only add to your confusion I think. The more I look at these, the more baffled I get.
I haven't had a CTD at all, but if I demolish any of the 3 clubhouses, I'm able to rebuild all 3.

So you get some
And hopefully we can get this resolved shortly.

RippleJet

Looking at the versions, I found at least one error...
L2 and L3 have the same User Visible Name Key, pointing to an LTEXT file that is available only in clubhouse Nº 1.
Thus, volume 1 is a dependency for volume 2! :P

Missing LTEXT files shouldn't cause a CTD though...

RippleJet

Quote from: RippleJet on April 23, 2008, 04:06:43 AM
Missing LTEXT files shouldn't cause a CTD though...

However, this might cause a CTD...

The Item Description Key in L2 and L3 are also linked to the same LTEXT file, available only in Volume 1.
When plopping one of the clubhouses, the game automatically appends the Item Description with the text I quoted above:
   "This building cannot be built because it already exists in this city".
If you haven't installed Volume 1, the game isn't able to append this text, since the LTEXT file isn't found, and...

HandsOn

Quote from: RippleJet on April 23, 2008, 04:17:36 AM
However, this might cause a CTD...

If you haven't installed Volume 1, the game isn't able to append this text, since the LTEXT file isn't found, and...
Okay, finally got around to installing Clubhouse 1. And, indeed, that did the trick - no more CTD. On the other hand, I did notice that Clubhouse 3 must depend on CLubhouse 2 - odd - because having only 1 and 3 installed means that 3 results in a largely empty lot. Knowing that I am not missing anything else, that's the only explanation. I'll install 2 later and see what happens. Right now I've got other fish to fry..

Thanks to all..

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

Yoman

Hello there,

I recently got a new laptop, and downloaded Sc4Mapper again. I installed it fine. Attempted to boot it up and render a greyscale, but when I clicked on it, the NHP banner signifying it was starting up displayed itself. But after it disappeared as normal, nothing happened. Anyone know whats happening? (This is windows vista by the way, I used to be on XP where it worked fine).

wouanagaine

Quote from: Yoman on September 27, 2008, 09:54:42 AM
Hello there,

I recently got a new laptop, and downloaded Sc4Mapper again. I installed it fine. Attempted to boot it up and render a greyscale, but when I clicked on it, the NHP banner signifying it was starting up displayed itself. But after it disappeared as normal, nothing happened. Anyone know whats happening? (This is windows vista by the way, I used to be on XP where it worked fine).
Try to see if there is any SC4Mapper.exe.log in the installation folder and drop the content here, I'll try to help you

And what Vista do you run on ? ( I'm not sure it's working on Vista 64 )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

cityplner

Hello,
Ive been trying to install the NHP Butte map that comes with the Montana pack but so far have been unsuccesful. When I open it on SC4Mapper it is all white, and if I save it and try to open it in SC4 it crashes to the desktop. I cant use SC4Terraformer for some reason it wont run on my computer. Any idea why the Butte map wont work?

blade2k5

Yes, thanks for reminding me.......I have the Butte sc4m fix ready for upload, will try and do that here in a couple of hours.  Thanks again for the reminder..... :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

blade2k5

Problem has been fixed and re-uploaded to the STEX. :thumbsup:

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

cityplner

I downloaded the updated version and it still will not load correctly on SC4M. Instead of appearing in regular colors it appears in shades of gray, and is mostly white, and when I open it in SC4 it crashes to desktop. Could it be a conflicting plugin or something?

blade2k5

I don't know what to tell you.  The new sc4m works just fine for me.  As for a conflict with a plugin, that's a question someone else will have to answer for you as I do not know.

el_cozu

hi, i've been looking everywhere, and reading most of the threads and forums, and i can't really find an answer to my question... i just wanna know how to upload new maps (regions) to my simcity... which program do i have to use and what's the procedure...

thanks in advice

tahill79

I have a question about the Clip2Pic.  From what I understand Im supposed to start the program, pick the destination, specify the image prefix, then click start and finally start SC4?

It that is correct then I have a huge problem.  When I do that SC4 never starts.  It turns my screen black and then just sits there.  Normally it takes my laptop about 5 minutes to get to the region view and I have let it run after doing the above for 30 minutes and I get nothing.

Please help.  My laptop dosent let me do the short cut key for the in game camera.

Specs:
Windows Vista Home Premium
AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-70
4gig Ram
64 bit OS

Eagle

I downloaded NHP Tennessee Packs 1&2 (author-Blade2k5) & installed them with SC4Mapper.  Whenever you start a new city, it asks you to reconcile edges.  However, this always results in the city tile being surrounded on all sides by water.  Need help.

Shadow Assassin

QuoteWhenever you start a new city, it asks you to reconcile edges.  However, this always results in the city tile being surrounded on all sides by water.  Need help.

Don't reconcile. There's no need to do it.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
See my uploads on the LEX!

Eagle

OK,this is good advice as reconciling does not actually help anything anyway. 

Gringamuyloca

Author: JPlumbley
Product Type:Plop/Parks/Sports fields
Product Name:NHP FLOG Clubhouse Vol 1
Problem Occurring: a picture is worth a 1000 words...

Is there a way to "combat" this traffic hop?
Tamara

Sirron-kcuhc

Author: beskhu3epnm and blade2k5
Product Type: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=18988
Product Name: Matinenda
Problem Occurring: I downloaded the Columbus Terrain mod and put the new file in from the Matinenda file, but the mountain tops wont show the snow.