• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Map Request: Map 53 from blade2k5

Started by JareX, October 30, 2010, 06:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JareX

Hi all!! I really like Sim City 4, but since I discovered all the things I can add to the game, I just cant play it without all those mods.

And my favorite ever map is "Map 53" from blade2k5. Unfortunatly when I tryied to download it, the link to the config file was broken.

So im asking blade2k5 or anyone else who has this map, to upload it again please.

Thank you for your awesome work!!!!

blade2k5

Ok, give a little bit here and I'll get one up for you.  Thanks for letting me know about this.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

blade2k5

Here you go. :thumbsup: 
or here... http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/9839/confign.png

Make sure to change the file extension to bmp from png.

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

JareX

Thanks man. Just to let you know the link provided on simtropolis is http://www.geocities.com/scatterdam/Map53.jpg

And is no longer working.

Also I remember that the config file from that map was diferent. It had small, medium and large cities (wich was awesome). I notice this config is 100% blue. Does that means it will be all large cities?

well any way or the other thankyou for this great map.

blade2k5

Yes, it'll be all large cities, sorry about that.  I'll most likely have to re-upload all of my fantasy maps in mega paks with the configs added.  My old Geocities website no longer exists because Geocities no long exists from what I just found out.  Also, I noticed you left in a comment in 2008 about the config problem, best course of action is to send me a PM at SimTropolis for a quicker response.

JareX

Well, yes I had a problem rendering the map one time. But I fixed the problem and was able to get it to work. Sadly I lost all my maps and info, so I'm downloading all over again.

I will be looking forward that MegaPack, since I really liked the fact of having different City sizes.

I hope you keep making all this high quality work. cya around

blade2k5

Quote from: JareX on October 30, 2010, 08:02:43 PM
Well, yes I had a problem rendering the map one time. But I fixed the problem and was able to get it to work. Sadly I lost all my maps and info, so I'm downloading all over again.

I will be looking forward that MegaPack, since I really liked the fact of having different City sizes.

I hope you keep making all this high quality work. cya around

That's not what I meant by mega pak.  I meant taking all those maps that had the config linked to somewhere else for download would be packaged all together in one download.  In other words, when you download the maga pak, you'll get a lot of maps for one download. :)

JareX

well, thats exactly whay I understood, but guess the original config file for map 53 will be included....or not??? if not, nevermind, i dont want to waste your time in something like that. I'm a good learner, and i like solving my own problems, so, if I have to I will learn to make a config file that I like.

blade2k5

I'll have to see if I still have the original files, if I do, then yes, the original config will be included.

JareX

Ok thankyou.

I Just rendered the map, and Im having the same problem from 2008. I see a plain terrain on all cities, but when i enter one i see only water, or a bit of land of others, but if I rise the level of the land 3 times it will change to what it was suposed to be. So I have two options:

1)Manually rise the terrain of all cities

2)Change the original Map53.jpg file and edit it with photoshop and play with grayscale/luminosity levels until I get the right height of terrain

Am I doing something wrong?

blade2k5

Did you place the 100m.dat plugin in your plugins folder, and remove any other height mod plugins?  If you don't have it, you can get it here.... http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=16508  Just scroll down to READ THIS BEFORE RENDERING!!! and #3 will have the link to MallowTheClouds plugin pack which will contain that 100m.dat file. :thumbsup:

JareX

Yes, i did put the 100.dat file on my plugin folder.

Also I noticed after rising the terrain, that mountains are lower than the picture you show, and rivers and lakes are less deep than it should be. Thats why I modified it with photoshop, making the white zones more white, and darkening the black zones, to get deeper water and higher mountains.

The plugins im currently using are:

Columbus terrain mod
Artic/snowcapped mod
Water Pack --> navy blue
Network addon mod
100.dat

And nothing else. I dont know what im doing wrong, but still im getting close to fix it by modifing the jpg.