• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

What NAM simulator do I have?

Started by Ramona Brie, July 16, 2009, 08:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramona Brie

I'm unsure what NAM simulator I downloaded.

I know that it came with the improved subway congestion view; is that simulator Z as Z's thread indicates?

CaptCity

You can check in the Network Addon Mod folder in the Plugins folder for a file that starts with NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_... That will be followed by a letter. If the letter is a 'Z', then you do, in fact, have the Z simulator installed.

z

All the simulators in the current NAM now come with the improved subway view.  If you didn't specifically pick a traffic simulator, then you got the default Maxis simulator, which is the worst of them all.  (That's why all the other ones were written.)  If you don't have a file of the type that CaptCity mentioned, then you are using the default Maxis simulator.  If this is the case, I would suggest rerunning the NAM installation (no need to uninstall it first), and pick a simulator under the "Traffic Controller Files" section.  As you might expect, I would recommend Simulator Z.  ;)

Ramona Brie

It turned out that I had the C simulator plugin. I switched to Z-Ultra because my RHWs required it.