• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your ... Region shots

Started by Giligone, January 25, 2007, 07:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giligone

Great region jackie. I dont think I've ever seen your region before. It's very lovely. Your attention to detail is clear even at this scale.  :thumbsup:

bat

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Alfred.Jones

That looks great Jacky!! I love all the trees, welldone :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

urban

these region shoots are fantastic, they are so realistic, I like the suburban look, I've seen in some pictures.

Here is an Picture of my Region Tol Celair (Sindarin for Sparkling Island) There is still a lot of work to do.....I will post a City Journal soon, maybe weekend, when I have some time.... :)

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

rooker1

Wow.......there are some great region shots here.  Especially Dusktrooper, that is a huge region!
Call me Robin, please.

Kokopelli

I havesome questions for Dusk Trooper or anyone else who has a huge region. Did you create the whole region all at once? Is there a way to add city squares to an existing region without reconfiguring the entire region and blowoing up the cities already created? If so, how do you do it? Thanks

Alek King of SC4

yes you can add to a region config, i have done that numerous times just open the config.bmp in a photo editing program, and increase the size, leaving the part already done untouched, then paint in (red, green blue) what ever sized tiles you want, when you start the game they will show up as blank tiles in your region.

Kokopelli

when you say "untouched" do you mean it should be black? Then the new tiles blue (green or red). I think I got it. thanks

Alek King of SC4

no when you open the config file it will be a combo of blue red and green squares, increase the image size, the original part should remain the same, but there should not be extra blank space, fill this in accordingly.

Kokopelli

Alek, thankyou. I got it. I will try it tonight when I get home.

keithsed

I would like to post my current region I just started but . . .

A couple of questions from a dummy.

How in the @#$*% do you get the entire region in a .jpg without the region icon showing up in the lower left hand corner and what do you use to include the entire region?

Thanks

Keith

urban

you need to download the region census, it's a tool which allows you to see the whole region without starting the game. you can save the pictures aswell. But I have to say, that I don't know, where you can download it. sorry, but I'll take a look

Walker's Island

mattb325

A small region shot of Shosaloza

Just over 500,000 call this place home

wouanagaine

Nice one, matt
Base on your MD pics I always thought you had more dense trees all over the place

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Masochist

Some pretty good regions in here.  Very good, in fact.  urban, that region is gigantic!  Good luck trying to finish that one.  I'll look into that CJ.

Quote from: keithsed on February 08, 2007, 08:15:30 PM
How in the @#$*% do you get the entire region in a .jpg without the region icon showing up in the lower left hand corner and what do you use to include the entire region?

Ahh, according to ST, the version that's on the official "Region Census" website (located here) is corrupted.  So the only place I know to get it would be right here, and you have to be a registered member to get it.  Don't know how up to date it is, but it's the only one I know of...
(Under Construction)

bat

urban

@keithsed

you can also download it here: click me

Walker's Island

Eddie

:-\ First post at SC4 Devotion! Lurking wasn't all that fun, so here I am...posting. By the way, this is SpecialEddie from Simtropolis. For some reason, the computer switched my username and my first name...Is my private life in danger now--now that the entire world knows my first name? Maybe...

Anyway, here's my region. I know there's already a Gotham City here at MD's, but mine is way different than his.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6156/gothamcitymk8.jpg

jacqulina

thankyou everyone,and i must say you guys have some awesome regions