• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

Okay, I'm double posting, I know, but...

It worked!  :thumbsup:

Thank you!  ()stsfd()
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Shadow Assassin

That's good to hear!

No problem.

JPlumbley, that means that NOB and PEG's rail mods are indeed compatible with the SAM.
New Horizons Productions
See my uploads on the LEX!

Diggis

There are no rail textures other than the crossings included with SAM (Unless jason says otherwise.:P)

jplumbley

Thanks SA.... I am a bit confused now, not sure why it is working... I guess I should go look at what NOB did to get his to work.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

M4346

I too have now fallen in love with the SAM and decided that I would like to contribute.  :thumbsup:

I've done the Standard textures, Road intersections and Roundabout textures already. I still have a bit more to do though as I need to create the rail crossings and different wealth levels for it all then, still.  ;D

Here's just a glimpse at the Sandstone texture.  ()stsfd()

I think the basic texture is a bit clean, but I don't know how to properly manipulate it in PS CS2 to look 'worn'.  &mmm
New Horizons Productions

figui

looking good M4346!
just think the "stones" should be placed (don't know exactly how to say this in english, so i'll attach this scheme -very schematic, done in mspaint in about 1min.- of what i mean, hope its undersandable)
and also, on curves, the "stones" should "follow" de curve.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

jplumbley

Quote from: figui on September 30, 2007, 11:24:50 AM
and also, on curves, the "stones" should "follow" de curve.

That is harder than you think...

Nice Work M!  Keep it up and send them to me.. It can be added to BETA v2... Whenever that is released.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

figui

Quote from: jplumbley on September 30, 2007, 11:31:59 AM
That is harder than you think...
I supposed so..
anyway, they look good :thumbsup:
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

M4346

I'll look at it...  :) Thanks for the feedback!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions

Shadow Assassin

QuoteThanks SA.... I am a bit confused now, not sure why it is working... I guess I should go look at what NOB did to get his to work.

It works because Nob's rail textures a) are loaded after the SAM, b) the overlay textures were edited... nothing else changed.
New Horizons Productions
See my uploads on the LEX!

Gaston

I gotta tell ya I am seriously addicted to SAM now.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Tarkus

Me too, Gaston.  Particularly Heblem's Asphalt Streets.  I don't know that I can build another Maxis street again. :)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Diggis

M, if you send me the base textures we can do up a set.  I'll PM you my email.  There are a couple of issues with what you have done so far, to do with getting it to join seamlessly at the intersections.  As Figui pointed out, the texture has to follow the corner so that the pattern matched the straight at all joins.  The same applies for the T and X intersections.  I like the texture and can do up the set for you.  I also have all the overlays done so that everything will just fall into place with a little PhotoShopping.

M4346

Yes, of course, I see what you mean... :P

Attached is the basic texture. If you could just do the standard textures and the roundabouts I would do the rest.  ;D
New Horizons Productions

Diggis

Yeah no worries.  I can send you the basics, plus the road, ave and OWR overlays.

I haven't looked into the roundabouts just yet, but I will.

delta9

Great, great mod.  I hope some day the Street Side Mod is expanded to include this, and parking on the parking lot tiles like the alley mod()stsfd()

M4346

Okay ladies and gentlemen! In my endeavours and escapades with the SAM I have discovered another little issue, which is no biggy, and I thought I'd mention it here, if it has not already been discovered or touched on. If it has, then I'm sorry, but I haven't been keeping up with the whopping 25 pages this has turned into!  :D

Anyway, enough small talk. :P I have found that the SAM negatively affects the Dirt Street Add-On (available here on the LEX). It makes the T-junctions and four-way intersections of the Dirt Streets revert back to the original. This was, however, solved by placing the dirt street add-on in a zzzz'ed folder so that it loads after the SAM.  ;D

I'm loving the Asphalt Streets though!  ;)
New Horizons Productions

simzebu

I, too, am a SAM addict, especially the asphalt streets.

However, I noticed that the paths (But not the textures) for asphalt streets intersecting avenues are missing. The intersections do not show up in DrawPaths or traffic data view.

Great work, though!
Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!

Diggis

Simzebu, Thanks for reporting that.  I think jason was aware of that one, but will confirm with him.

M, what addon is that?  We are adding Peg's and Trolca's dirt road mods to the next version.

jplumbley

500th Post for SAM
Well, this is definately a milestone for sure.

@simzebu  Yes, this has been reported before thank you for your support.  I made the mistake of overwriting the wrong file with an older file and unfortunately I didnt realize this until after it was uploaded.  I have it fixed for BETA v2 which will be released eventually.  Along with, Roundabouts and a few new Texture Variations.

@M  Thank you for that notice.  I did not know that this issue was occuring, although I think you pointed out already that it was causing the same type of issue for other rail textures aswell.  Soon enough you wont need that dirt road textures as they will be included as part of the SAM itself.

Street Addon Mod - SAM