• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

SimNation,  At the moment we are working on getting the 7 or 8 textures done up and working.  I think they have allowed room for something like 12-15, meaning there is room for expansion, but only once the first set is done.  We still have 4 more to finish up. 

Jasons strength isn't in the textures, and I think once he has the first few sets working adding new textures isn't a massive hassel, but someone will need to provide him with a straight, T intersection, + intersection, 90 turn and.. um... one more...

Oh end piece.

gn_leugim

hi there..

fist of all, let me say that i love SAM.. I'm using it all over the place :) congrats

now.. i would like to propose two ideias, but one is allready being done, dirt streets :)

the other is this one:

is just a change on the parking one already done :)

once again, congratulations :)

jplumbley

REMINDER

I do not create textures.  I take old textures and make them compatible for Sidewalk Mods and use copy/paste techniques to complete intersections for a set of textures.  I CANNOT edit textures as I am very untalented at it.

I will accept ANY set of textures for consideration into the SAM project.  I have room for 16 sets of textures in total, currently there are 10 occupied.  If you would like to contribute a set of textures please PM me with a base set of textures.  The bare minimum has been outlined by Diggis in his previous post (Thank you Diggis).

@gn_leugim  Those textures are the same texture used in the PEGs Scenic Drive, I do not have the right to edit them.  If you have the talent you can edit these textures yourself and I can help you in making them an "override DAT" of the original ones.  The "override DAT" would work in the same fashion the Euro Textures MOD works, by adding a z- to the file name and having it load with the same IIDs as the original textures.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

jeronij

I am so glad to see this mod released that I could not resist to join the party  ;D

Side Street Mod for Asphalt Streets

Side Street Mod for Brick Streets

Side Street Mod for Gravel Streets

Side Street Mod for PEG's Parkings ( I would use this mod only for medium or high density areas)

And the first four modifications working togheter....

I hope to have all the versions ready during this next week. I hope you like the idea. It will come in a modular way, so you can decide which mod you want to install.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Gaston

jplumbley,
   This is a great new mod.   I love being able to switch street types in different neighborhoods.    It is fantastic.

Jeronij,
   I thought this mod would be the ultimate.   But, you are taking it even farther.    Simply fantastic.

---Gaston 
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Heblem

Jeronij that was exactly I was talking about to Jason, many thanks for making this  ;)  &apls &apls &apls

dioangel

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

dmscopio

JP, just awsome!so many variation on the street now and added more fun to the game &apls
for more BAT downloads: www.davidluart.com

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

Starmanw402007

I may have to restart Steven's Point in prepartion for the new modd. Now I'll be able to use different types of Streets when rebuilding  &apls. Great Work on these project and updates!

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

bakerton

I have downloaded SAM, but only get a red arrow. I have followed the readme to the letter and still get a red arrow no matter what. I even tried to put the file in the NAM folder and still the same thing. What is my solution? Otherwise, awesome job folks. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

dioangel

Quote from: bakerton on September 16, 2007, 08:49:53 PM
I have downloaded SAM, but only get a red arrow. I have followed the readme to the letter and still get a red arrow no matter what. I even tried to put the file in the NAM folder and still the same thing. What is my solution? Otherwise, awesome job folks. JKB

I have the exact same problem here as well..  ???

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

thundercrack83

Well, if I had any doubt about how great the SAM was going to be, it's been quelled by those pictures, jeronij! Fantastic job!

figui

just downloaded, can't wait to try it! :D
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Diggis

Bakerton, dioangle, could you please post some pics to show us what you mean?  Also, could you try it with an empty plugins folder so we know it's not a clash with another plugin.

Oh, and Jeronij...    &apls excellent.

Prens

Just trying out all the street types and found this

Diggis

Thanks Prens, hopefully jason will see this shortly

Tarkus

Quote from: jplumbley on September 16, 2007, 09:29:14 AM
We may be able to edit the existing Puzzle Piece Starters and add a MAXIS Street Stub at the begining of the Starter Piece and have the Starter Piece as the Transition to the MAXIS Streets.

That's just what I was thinking, actually.  It would be no problem whatsoever. ;)

And jeronij, that new SAM Street Side mod looks fantastic! :thumbsup:

-Alex (Tarkus)

jplumbley

@Jeronij  Simply stunning!  Is that the quick copy/paste/re-IID thing I was planning to do?  I like it alot!  I am hoping in the future to get special ones for the Parking Lots and Dirt/Gravel Streets.

@Prens  Thank you for showing me this.  As it would seem I have the texture rotated 180 degrees (oops)  &sly I will get right on this alone with about 3 other small things that I have been rmade aware of.  There will be an update to v1.1 in the coming days to fix the minor issues I missed in this version.

Known JPlumbley screw ups:
- Backwards End Piece Textures on the 4-way Intersections
- Missing Path files for the AVE/SAM Intersections (I overwrote the wrong files  ()sad() tisk tisk...)
- Missing End Piece Texture for PEGs Gravel

I am totally embarassed now...

Quote from: bakerton on September 16, 2007, 08:49:53 PM

I am not sure why this is happening, I need more information.  Can you please post a picture of what you mean?  Is this happening when you place the SAM Puzzle Piece or after the SAM Puzzle Piece?  Is it preventing you from dragging from the SAM Puzzle Piece?  Is it preventing you from placing the SAM Puzzle Piece?

Please, show a picture of you Plugins Folder, did you download the regular version and use the installer or did you use the MAC version and copy/paste from the Zip?  I have had MAC players have no problem installing the Mod so far and there are hundreds of people that its working for on PCs using the installer.  There shouldnt be any, real conflicting mods unless you've updated the NAM Essentials since installing SAM, or the NAM Controller didnt get updated.  If you used the MAC zip where you copy/paste the files into you plugins, make sure they are put into the NAM/SAM directory and then make sure that the new NAM Controller either overwrites the old one or is atleast loaded afterwards (preferably overwrites).

I hope this answers your question.  Please if you find out what the answer is tell me what the issue is so I can update the mini Readme at the top of the thread.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

jeronij

Quote from: jplumbley on September 17, 2007, 05:15:25 AM
@Jeronij  Simply stunning!  Is that the quick copy/paste/re-IID thing I was planning to do?  I like it alot!  I am hoping in the future to get special ones for the Parking Lots and Dirt/Gravel Streets.

Well, if when you say quick you mean +/- 45 minutes per street texture, then yes  :P ¡¡¡

To All, thanks, I am glad you like the new mod versions ( which are not new in fact, this is the same old SSMod  ::) )
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jplumbley

Quote from: jeronij on September 17, 2007, 05:42:09 AM
Well, if when you say quick you mean +/- 45 minutes per street texture, then yes  :P ¡¡¡

To All, thanks, I am glad you like the new mod versions ( which are not new in fact, this is the same old SSMod  ::) )

Hehe, yes I mean quick as in +/- 45 mins each texture set.  It would take about 10 to 15 mins for each texture if did it from scratch...  So, in essence its quick campared to the hours you could be spending redoing all the T21s for all the different SAM additions.

Street Addon Mod - SAM