• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filasimo

JPlumbey: We seem to be missing each other on MSN. Just to let you know I have opened up publisher and have started developing the readme for the SAM Beta. I will see how much I can get done within the next hour or 2 before I head out.

Simo out.

ps. Welcome to page 11  &apls
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

TheTeaCat

Oh my what a wonderful job you have done.  &apls &apls

Seeing it action too is  %BUd% %BUd% %BUd% &dance &dance &dance

sorry over excited :D :D

your hard work will be appreciated by many but few will thank so I wanna say thanks now :D

kettle's going on dude you deserve a

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

OMG this is amazing to see it in alpha... congrats to you all woohoo

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jplumbley

@Jimmymac...  There is no issue with those Starter Pieces you mentioned.  That proves that they are working!  The "issue" is that there are no texture sets installed for them yet.  Due to the fact that Tarkus has created all of the Starter Pieces for all of the SAM sets that will be included in the end there are "useless" Starter Pieces for now.  These Starter Pieces will come up with a Black, Green and Red texture when you are ready to place them.  These texture sets will be added in the future when they are completed.  The shear number of textures has made it the reason why this mod has not progressed further.  I can do the modding very quickly compared to the actual texturing.

Nice pics by the way!  It will be interesting what else you come up with.

For anyone wondering about other SAM intersections like OWR, AVE, El-Rail, RHW, etc....  All of these intersections will be created in time.  I hope that they can be ready for SAM BETA v2.  Only time will tell how far and how much gets done.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

flame1396

I'm waiting for the finished product... Best thing since the toaster.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Vandy

HI, JP.

I'm really impressed with this new Mod.  It is going to be very useful and will add a wonderful new dimension to our gaming pleasure.  Thank you for sharing your talent with the SC4 community and thank you for this great mod.

Regards,

Vandy

In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.  © May 29, 1980

Diggis

OK, you ready for this?  $%Grinno$%

(sorry about the PNG's I haven't got Photoshop again installed yet, i'll fix it if there are sufficient complaints  $%Grinno$%)

1st the issues

This is without SAM

This is with SAM and appears while dragging the road.

This is the end result

Now using SAM (seems to be an issue with the texture on the puzzel piece)
Doubling back reverts to normal streets and stubs off T intersections create normal street end

Dragging street from it creates SAM textures once again.

Side by side creating issues.

No isues with a tile between them.

Now for some pretty pictures.

Pat

well well about time you put these pics here diggis i was waiting for them as you promissed like in anther thread they would be here lol.... Great shots and love the ID  ;) Jp whats causing the glitches there is something to do with nam or unknow atm?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jplumbley

@Diggis and Patfirefghtr  To be totally honest, these are not really glitches.  Diggis for the Road side by side, the reason this is happening is because you are missing textures.  Those textures are the unreleased textures for TLA-5.

As for the SAM specific "issues".... The "side by side" textures a being reverted due to a stability issue.  This is a very rare case where you have 2 T-Intersections side by side, I have not gone through and done the Inersection beside Intersection stabilities (there are ALOT of them!).  Maybe over the next couple of days I will do them, but I am now gettting ready for some sort of public release.  So, any side by side Intersections will revert right now.  I have to update this so that the Parking Lots can be dragged much easier.

I also see a reverted texture in the SAM - 7 - Asphalt Streets there, not sure if this is due to the fact that you have a SAM - 9 texture directly below it.  Could you test this for me?  Drag a SAM set from one side of the road into a T-intersection with the road and on the otherside drag another SAM 1 tile above or below to create another T-Intersections with the road.

I am glad to see the excitement over this right now.  Thank you everyone for your interest and I hope that the interest will continue!

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Diggis

I think that reverted texture on the asphalt streets is due to me not dragging the street over the intersection.  I noticed this happened then.  I can test it tonight, but I didn't save the city.  ;D

As for the road side by sides, I can do this without the SAM installed, it's only when it is installed I have the issue. Is it because you have added something to the NAM contoroller file?

jimmymac

I've just had another blast through with the SAM, i'm finding that i'm able to create some beautiful residential areas with the red brick roads, however I seem to have found a bit of an issue with it at the same time.

Below will show the issue perfectly.

Basically any building that touches the SAM street shows up without having road access, delapidates and then abandons and just repeats the cycle.

jplumbley

@Diggis,  Yes I have added something to the controller.  I actually used a base Controller sent to me by Tarkus, it has some of the TLA and RHW code in it.  This is why it happens with SAM installed.  For the release I will be removing this stuff as I forgot it was there.

@Jimmymac...  Is this happening only with the red brick?  Or is it happening with all SAM networks?  It sounds as if it is a mis-numbered IID for the Path Files.  When I get home tonight I will take a look at the Path files and see if I notice anything of hand.  All I did was copy paste and change the IIDs from the original Street Textures from MAXIS.  So, either I missed one or screwed up the IID.  Thanks for the post!  This is why we have testers!

Street Addon Mod - SAM

jimmymac

It's all of them, I tested the red brick, the cobblestone, the black asphalt and the other red one (i forget it's name) and they all ultimately end up showing the same thing. I haven't tested it with commercial yet, so I cannot comment if it does it with them.

mightygoose

just wondering are their any parked car prop families on the carpark streets
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

jplumbley

Thanks Jimmymac!  I will get on that when I get home.  I may have made all of them with the wrong IID and mixed up a couple of textures, LOL.

@Mightygoose  Cars and props require T21s.  As this is a BETA v1, there will not be any of these yet.  In the future I hope to add alot of T21s as Jeronij did with his Street Side MOD.  Patience is a virtue!  Hopefully, Glenni is still willing to make some more props for the SAM... his street lamps look great and I want to be able to use his fences too.  BETA v1 is a functionality BETA, before I go into the asthetics I want to make sure everything is working and with this atleast the community will be given something while they wait for the rest... if you catch my drift.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Diggis

It's interesting though, as I had not problems with access from the res lots.  I should have some time tonight to run the simulation a while longer and see what I get.

Thanks for clearing up the problem with the roads.  makes sense now.

jplumbley

@Jimmymac and Diggis  This issue is probably I put the wrong IID for one or two textures, my bet is that it will be one of the Road/SAM intersections.  What intersection is being used by these lots Jimmymac?  What you can try to do for the moment is try using a different intersection type (for example, instead of a T use a + for a test).

Just to be sure, you do have stuff growing along the sides of the SAM right?  If there is no connection they shouldnt grow.  That doesnt make sense.  Hmmm...

Thanks guys!

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Diggis

I used T intersections for all of mine I think.  Might be the +? &mmm

Starmanw402007

Those were really awesome updates, keep up the great work.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)