• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

They came up well, although there are a few things I need to look at, like the line to stop at on the rail crossing should be bigger.

bat

jplumbley

Awesome work Diggis!  Thank you for helping me out especially while I am in a RLS hiatus from SC4 work.  That is just another set to add.  Thank you Josefmayor for the base set you gave us, I know all the textures arent there but this is the base set that will be in the SAM - Beta after I get back.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Diggis

OK, quick query, I have 2 different textures for heavy rail and am not sure which one to use.  As I don't have the game running at the moment (Laptop died) I can't check in game.

As you can see the asphalt one has a lot more ballast, and seems better to me, but I need them to match in game as best as possible.

does anyone out there have some basic png's of rail crossings they could email me to work off? 

jplumbley

Actually Diggis, I have been working off of a "bad" texture.  What I mean is I used on from the existing Street Mods and it turned out to be a little different from the actual rail textures.  The Brick street one you have shown there is closer to the actual rail texture than the on on the Asphalt street.

I like the Asphalt one better, but you will notice that the texture for the ballast will not line up properly for diagonals anyways, you it may be best to work with the original texture.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Diggis

So go with the one for the brick?  Excellent, as thats the ones that are done :P

HabLeUrG

Quote from: jplumbley on August 09, 2007, 07:07:10 AM
Actually Diggis, I have been working off of a "bad" texture.  What I mean is I used on from the existing Street Mods and it turned out to be a little different from the actual rail textures.  The Brick street one you have shown there is closer to the actual rail texture than the on on the Asphalt street.

I like the Asphalt one better, but you will notice that the texture for the ballast will not line up properly for diagonals anyways, you it may be best to work with the original texture.

Jason, if you want me to fix this i could do it in a minute  ;D

i have done it... hope this is useful

Diggis

Hableurg,  What program do you use to do these in?  If you have them with layers and transparency, can you send those through, rather than JPG's?  The JPG option reduces the quality somewhat, which I'd prefer to avoid.

HabLeUrG

well everything i made is in fireworks, but at the moment i can send you only jpg pictures, thats because I work in that format when im making the textures...

iamgoingtoeatyou

wow, fantastic work all, the textures look great, and will add a fantastic variety to the game! :) keep up the great work!

Diggis

No worries hableurg, I just didn't want us to be doubling up the work, if you were doing the same thing as me.

JosefBrisko135

Ahhh!! Excellent job! I can't wait to see an ingame of my textures! I'm growing more excited every day for this project!
Your signature was TOO BIG and TOO BULKY ... System ADMIN

jplumbley

Quote from: JosefBrisko135 on August 13, 2007, 12:09:47 AM
Ahhh!! Excellent job! I can't wait to see an ingame of my textures! I'm growing more excited every day for this project!

You'll have to give me one more week for my testing for preview pics.  Then a little bit longer for a BETA test release, which depends on whether Alex has those puzzle piece starters created for me.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Diggis

OK, present for you all.

This issues with the light edges at some of the intersections have come from the rotation and scaling of the pic, and are not really there.  you are hallucinating.  :P

Jason, I'll email these across tonight.

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Andreas

Quote from: HabLeUrG on August 10, 2007, 04:40:50 PM
well everything i made is in fireworks, but at the moment i can send you only jpg pictures, thats because I work in that format when im making the textures...

Hmm, why don't you use PNG if you have Fireworks? It's the native format of Fireworks, and also for a lot of in-game stuff (UIs, icons etc.), and it doesn't suffer from compression artifacts.

Anyway, great progress so far, I'm really looking forward to this mod. :)
Andreas

Diggis

So anyways, I was looking at the intersections with the roads and realised that they look like the street has right of way over the road, which isn't quite right.

So I ask the following...

or

Would someone be able to check for me which matches that shown in game for me, as mine is down at the moment.

Andreas

The left one is (more or less) right when it comes to the game, but you could add some stop lines to the street junctions (this is how it's done in the Euro Road Textures Mod). The white double-line is merely a pedestrian crossing, and not a stop line.
Andreas

Ennedi

I agree with Andreas.

The continous lane (no matter, yellow or white) means "do not cross it" and could be used on this intersection only if cars driving along the street couldn't go ahead i.e. cross the road.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Diggis

OK, about what I thought.  I knew the whites were a ped crossing, but they didn't look right there, as it seemed to give dominance to the street.  I can remove the yellow lines across the intersection as the road needs to be crossable. I just wanted to see how close I was to the mark.