• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Diagonal SAM Streets can now intersect orthogonal and diagonal Railroads.  You can also see a glimpse of a Diagonal SAM Street going under a Diagonal Maxis Elevated Highway in the first pic.

-Alex

TiFlo

Diggis

Looking great Alex, let me know if you need any help with the textures.  I've still got the originals on file.

Out of curiosity... didn't we already have diagonal over rail?  Pretty sure I'd already done it.  I know I did the textures.

samerton

&apls Looking brilliant, Alex! Great work!

Tarkus

Quote from: Diggis on September 12, 2010, 01:28:51 AM
Looking great Alex, let me know if you need any help with the textures.  I've still got the originals on file.

Out of curiosity... didn't we already have diagonal over rail?  Pretty sure I'd already done it.  I know I did the textures.

Thanks, Shaun! :thumbsup:  As far as diagonal SAM crossing Rail, I checked over the texture .dat files and the SAM Texture Creation Set off the LEX and wasn't able to find them.  I found orthogonal SAM crossing diagonal Rail and double-parallel diagonal Rail, but none with the SAM street going diagonally.

-Alex

Diggis

Quote from: Tarkus on September 12, 2010, 11:36:53 PM
Thanks, Shaun! :thumbsup:  As far as diagonal SAM crossing Rail, I checked over the texture .dat files and the SAM Texture Creation Set off the LEX and wasn't able to find them.  I found orthogonal SAM crossing diagonal Rail and double-parallel diagonal Rail, but none with the SAM street going diagonally.

-Alex

Ahhh, We had done diagonal rail over straight SAM... you're right.  Great work!

Tarkus

One more before calling it a night . . . ::)

Only GLR one left is the Diagonal x Diagonal.

-Alex

jdenm8

Are you going to do it with Rural GLR? I'm just curious, that's all. I'd like to cross my dirt roads with Rural GLR in some of my smaller towns.

The work done so far looks good.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

figui

is it planned to intersect str?

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Tarkus

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 13, 2010, 05:59:58 AM
Are you going to do it with Rural GLR? I'm just curious, that's all. I'd like to cross my dirt roads with Rural GLR in some of my smaller towns.

The work done so far looks good.

Thanks, and yes, Rural GLR crossings are planned.  The RULs/paths are a total copy-paste job, so they'll be ready as soon as I piece together some textures.

Quote from: figui on September 13, 2010, 12:51:13 PM
is it planned to intersect str?

There is already some support for OxO (Orthogonal x Orthogonal)  SAM crossings with STR, though it's not the most stable thing in the world in its current state.  I do plan on stabilizing it and trying to get the OxD, DxO and DxD in, though.

Here's probably what will be next on the list:
-HSR: currently just OxO with puzzle piece, will convert to full draggable with OxD, DxO and DxD being added.
-NWM: stuff's in place for single-tile NWM/SAM + and T intersections, dual-tile networks still to be done.  The coding is being designed to work with the future/proposed OWS-1 such that it won't get swept away with SAM overrides.
-RHW: ERHW-4, EMIS Overpasses.  The RHW-2 will probably get overrides but using the existing RHW/Street intersection textures rather than SAM specific ones, as that's actually somewhat realistic for the type of roadway, and ditto with the RHW-3 when it gets integrated by RHW Version 4.3.  The RHW-4 will be set up to purposely break the override, as the street intersections on that network already hook in with the "emergency lane" setup.
-RAM: STR OxO improvement and OxD, DxO, DxD additions, and potentially groundwork on some of the future RAM networks
-El-Road/OWR/Avenue: Are finally going to be "draggablized" in the near future, along with improved models; will investigate SAM undercrossing support.

-Alex

figui

:o that's lot of work, thanks for your effort  :thumbsup:

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

samerton

Tarkus

Thanks, guys!  And I'm back with more . . . the HSR end is just about done as of a few minutes ago.  Added the base intersections for OxD, DxO and DxD HSR/Street as only the OxO exists in the current version.

Next stop: ERHW-4 and EMIS.

-Alex

travismking

looks fantastic, still can't figure out  how you guys do this so quickly :D

Aldini10

Yes... I feel like re-installing SAM now, thanks Tarkus.

editfish

I'm having a missing texture when the SAM dirt road crosses railroad tracks.  If I bulldoze the tile to the left of the crossing, the street texture to the left disappears and the tracks appear unbroken again.  This only happens with the dirt road.  Gravel, etc all appear to work fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Andreas

There's a fix for that - should be attached somewhere in this thread.
Andreas

editfish

jdenm8

Looks good  :thumbsup:

Is there any way to replace that Monorail shadow though?

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 18, 2010, 07:28:31 PM
Is there any way to replace that Monorail shadow though?

There is.  Unfortunately, shadow modding is not something I'm particularly adept with at this point in time.

-Alex