• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darraghf

Is the SAM ever going to be updated for the new texture instances with the new NAM releases?
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Tarkus

Quote from: darraghf on August 17, 2010, 01:44:53 PM
Is the SAM ever going to be updated for the new texture instances with the new NAM releases?

Are you referring to new sets?  Or intersections with new components?

There had been some activity toward a Version 4 a couple of months ago with some new sets--the seeds of that are in place on the modding end, though I don't know the current status of that. 

-Alex

darraghf

I meant new intersection to improve the existing sets.
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Aldini10

Will there ever be a SAM Version 4, or will there be a major update uploaded to the STEX or LEX due to the recent releases by the NAM Team?

Tarkus

Quote from: darraghf on August 18, 2010, 01:42:01 PM
I meant new intersection to improve the existing sets.

That'll be easier to accomplish with model-based networks, though texture-based ones will be a little trickier since textures will have to be produced for each and every one.

Quote from: Aldini10 on August 22, 2010, 07:14:22 PM
Will there ever be a SAM Version 4, or will there be a major update uploaded to the STEX or LEX due to the recent releases by the NAM Team?

It's been under discussion.  There was a fair bit of action on that end about 2-3 months ago, but it's quieted down again.

-Alex

Aldini10

Quote from: Tarkus on August 22, 2010, 09:14:33 PM
It's been under discussion.  There was a fair bit of action on that end about 2-3 months ago, but it's quieted down again.

-Alex

So... No more SAM updates or anything? I will get rid of SAM now, thank you very much. :(

travismking

You have to realize, the NAM team does all this work (and it is A LOT OF WORK) in their free time, I'm sure in the future there will be more updates to the SAM, but you have to give it time, as there are other things taking priority right now. Namely the development of NWM and RHW.

daeley

Quote from: Aldini10 on August 28, 2010, 02:30:09 AM
So... No more SAM updates or anything? I will get rid of SAM now, thank you very much. :(

you can always make them yourself, you know...
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

Andreas

Nah, let him get rid of the current version. Apparently, it went bad and started to smell, spoiling the rest of the game and providing no use anymyore at all.  ::)
Andreas

ecoba

If you're seriously that upset because these people have been working hard for months on something you can get for free, and it's not done yet because they're trying to make it of the highest quality possible, then go right ahead.  ::)

Rady

Quote from: Aldini10 on August 28, 2010, 02:30:09 AM

The world is full of people that I don't understand ...   ()what()
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

TiFlo

Wow, talk about over reacting... The SAM is perfectly usable as it stands now, we should be thankful for that.

Aldini10

I am getting rid of SAM right now because I know the NAM people do a LOT of work and I know it will take a while to release an update. I don't mean anyone any harm, I am sorry if I did.

Andreas, the SAM is actually very nice, I try to keep my cities as SAM looking as possible, but there are some places in town where it doesn't fit, such as the NWM-SAM street intersections, and to me it seems out of place.

Tarkus

Quote from: Aldini10 on August 28, 2010, 12:35:41 PM
I am getting rid of SAM right now because I know the NAM people do a LOT of work and I know it will take a while to release an update. I don't mean anyone any harm, I am sorry if I did.

No offense taken, but I don't really understand the logic behind getting rid of it simply because it hasn't been "updated".  It still works perfectly fine with the current NAM, just as it always has--there's nothing that's made it obsolete or anything of the sort.

Edit:

Quote from: Aldini10 on August 28, 2010, 12:35:41 PM
Andreas, the SAM is actually very nice, I try to keep my cities as SAM looking as possible, but there are some places in town where it doesn't fit, such as the NWM-SAM street intersections, and to me it seems out of place.

Okay, that makes a bit more sense.  Those intersections will probably be made eventually, though I don't know when that'll happen, as it'll require quite a few rather intricate textures to be made.

-Alex

Aldini10

Well, SAM is just new textures for the Maxis streets, but the Maxis streets are alright for me, it's just concrete. I try to make my cities as custom as I can, but the SAM has its days, sometimes it's the new Tuleps and NWM, I don't really play around much with the RHW, but I like everything transit-related. Don't think I hate this mod, my game has been lagging lately and I think I need to get rid of some stuff right now.

travismking

Makes sense, I too wish there were NWM and SAM intersection textures, but theres not. I

P.S. If I were you I would work on choosing your words a little better. You came off as very angry and bitter, things which if kept up, will end up in you being given a free vacation, to anywhere but this site :p

ecoba

Okay, I see your point now, I haven't really played SC4 in a while and haven't tinkered with the new NAM goodies (NWM, even), so I understand your concern.

Gaston

Quote from: daeley on August 28, 2010, 03:16:05 AM
you can always make them yourself, you know...
I saw some tutorials a while back on how to do this but it seemed beyond anything I am personally capable of.     If some talented individual could create a simple to operate tool to do this, that would be really something incredably useful.    Then all you'd have to do is to find textures somewhere and upload um into the tool and viola new SAM streets.   I love SAM and try to use it in all my cities but a bit more variety is always kool too.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Aldini10

Quote from: Gaston on August 31, 2010, 02:04:40 PMThen all you'd have to do is to find textures somewhere and upload um into the tool and viola new SAM streets.   I love SAM and try to use it in all my cities but a bit more variety is always kool too.

---Gaston
You also have to add pathing and other properties to the model after that, if you know how to do it.

Diggis

Quote from: Aldini10 on August 31, 2010, 09:32:17 PM
You also have to add pathing and other properties to the model after that, if you know how to do it.

No, you don't.  SAM has been organised in such a way that adding new texture sets is very very easy, copy pasta job.