• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Quote from: j-dub on June 08, 2010, 09:32:50 PM
You mean overriding existing SAM sets already occupied? I don't see why "a" network would be something other then a street. I still have that type of occurrence right now, instead of the Herringbone brick streets, Nerdly's cracked street texture is using the SAM 2 spot instead. It would be nice to see that variation not over ride the existing, but I am not going to beg for it.

I don't usually now get to go to other forums because of RL time, but seeing what new textures are developed are always interesting.

Yeah, I meant overriding one of the existing SAM sets.  Nerdly never finished his set did he?  If so, then let me have it :)  Rivit has nearly finished 3 (yes thats right 3!) new sets which we will be adding in.  If there are more finished we can add them in too.

wes.janson

I've noticed in the SAM creation set, the the GLR Diagonal and GLR Double Diagonal textures are exactly the same texture. Is there an update, or should I delve into the GLR NAM plugin DAT and try to find it in there?

Also.. I haven't got mine fully compiled as a DAT yet, but I think the GLR Diagonal texture is the last one I need to complete.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

MOREOPTIONS

Thank you for the prompt answers,  as I have the peg power lines,.. the one I was looking for is the wood power poles.. i have seen before. and they were dragable.  you see in the country ...  Perhaps not on the stex or the lex...  Thank you.  God Bless

Diggis

Yeah..noticed that recently... I messed up...  ()sad()

Tis here for you :)

Couldn't remember which was needed so you get both.

wes.janson

Quote from: Diggis on June 09, 2010, 12:14:13 PM
Yeah..noticed that recently... I messed up...  ()sad()

Tis here for you :)

Couldn't remember which was needed so you get both.

Thanks Diggis!

As of now, I have the textures set to override the 2nd SAM set. Do you want me to complete the DAT in that way before I send it to you, or do you want it some other way?

Anyone who wants to see the full set, I have a Photobucket album with all of them in there. Any advice, criticism, or praise is most welcome.

MOREOPTIONS

Album looks great.  Perhaps lableing the pic's may help some whom dont know them.   Looks great thoe thank you. &apls

sorry everyone, the yellow is not able to be seen

Diggis

Wes,  They look great.  However, I notice you have a stop line on the low wealth piece on one side only.  This WILL appear on the wrong side of the road at times depending on how the intersection is created.  I would highly recommend fixing this.

RebaLynnTS

I don't think Pegasus will be opposed to using the new textures in the NAM, but I will let you know more later.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Diggis

At the moment, we are looking at 4 new textures for the SAM V4, leaving I believe 2 spare slots.  We do have 4 rural road types so if I get more good options packaged I might look at combining them as variations, which is easy enough to do.

wes.janson

Quote from: Diggis on June 10, 2010, 12:27:03 AM
Wes,  They look great.  However, I notice you have a stop line on the low wealth piece on one side only.  This WILL appear on the wrong side of the road at times depending on how the intersection is created.  I would highly recommend fixing this.

All fixed and the link to the file has been re-sent to you in a PM!

socutezz

iron3001

I'm lil bit confuse with this NAM plugin. SO if I already instaled NAM may 2010, could I instal Street Addon Mod 3 too, or it's already in NAM may 2010?

j-dub

No, SAM is a separate download, after you have NAM, then you add in SAM.

iron3001

Quote from: j-dub on June 12, 2010, 10:19:30 AM
No, SAM is a separate download, after you have NAM, then you add in SAM.

thanks man  :thumbsup:

j-dub

iron3001

in this thread http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10853.0, someone said that the mod is only for farm zones, not for residential zones... what does that mean? Does it mean that I can't build SAM in residential zones?

Diggis

No, in that thread they said that this mod: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=19764

Was only for farm zones.  The SAM will work where ever you drag it.

iron3001

Quote from: Diggis on June 14, 2010, 06:32:20 AM
No, in that thread they said that this mod: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=19764

Was only for farm zones.  The SAM will work where ever you drag it.

woaa thanks man  &apls  :thumbsup:

btw, right now I'm facing a problem when I make an intersection with maxis road.

Why the starter piece can't start at the end of the maxis road?

===============================

Problem's solved! I must make an intersection between maxis road and street, so I can put the starter piece in the street  :)

JoeST

you should first drag 5/6 tiles from the starter, then delete the starter piece, it will then stick.
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

iron3001

Quote from: JoeST on June 14, 2010, 11:11:17 AM
you should first drag 5/6 tiles from the starter, then delete the starter piece, it will then stick.

can I make a SAM street in diagonal way?