• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeatzoSeol

Okay, thanks, I guess I'll hope for the best ;D

BTW, you should update your introductory post ...

RebaLynnTS

So far, love the new SAM .. keep up the great work.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Cosmic

Awesome.

This makes this already sweet mod even sweeter! Nice job guys! :thumbsup:

CaptCity

Great work on this and thanks to all involved.

One question... Was the issue with Rail crossing PEG's dirt road supposed to be fixed in Version 3? It's still not working for me.

ScottFTL

Quote from: CaptCity on April 27, 2008, 05:37:41 PM
Great work on this and thanks to all involved.

One question... Was the issue with Rail crossing PEG's dirt road supposed to be fixed in Version 3? It's still not working for me.

I noticed the same thing.  There is no texture for the orthogonal or diagonal rail intersections for PEG's Dirt Roads.  Just a blank tile where it should be.  I have not checked if the intersection is functional or not.

jplumbley

Quote from: ScottFTL on April 27, 2008, 10:18:44 PM
I noticed the same thing.  There is no texture for the orthogonal or diagonal rail intersections for PEG's Dirt Roads.  Just a blank tile where it should be.  I have not checked if the intersection is functional or not.

I personally cannot confirm this at the moment (no access to SC4 for one more week).  But they may have been forgotten or lost in the massive Texture update for all the Diagonals.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Diggis

Ok, so for some weird reason this was missed out of the pack.  I have attached a patch for this.  We are planning on updating the SAM 'soft' textures with some new alphas etc so this won't be released on the LEX, but they will be in the update, honest.  ;D

Just unzip this into your SAM folder and you should have everything again.  :thumbsup:

Pat

Thank you Shaun for being right on top of this and I see the SAS has rescued you lol.....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

ScottFTL

Thanks for the quick fix, Diggis!   ;D

EDGE4194

thank you thank you  &bis& i've have been waiting for this fix!

CaptCity

Likewise... Very much appreciate the quick response and fix  :thumbsup:

nerdly_dood

now THAT'S what i like in a mod team!  Cool, now i don't hafta deal with little splinters in my hand like that! &apls :thumbsup:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

MarkSP2

Hey all,

Sorry for asking this, but I really don't get the description of the Street Addon Mod. I've read it in English and German, but don't get any of them. Who can explain it to me in an easier way? I feel sorry for this  :(

Thanks!

Diggis

What do you want to know Mark.

Simply put, download the NAM and SAM.  Install both.

Go into the game and in the basic transit networks menu (where the streets, roads etc are) will be a SAM icon.  Click this and press TAB to go through the different textures.  Find the one you want and plop it.

It will cause a 2 tile piece of street to be created, one with a nasty white background.  Use the street tool and drag it from the non-white piece and you should get a street with the texture you chose.  Once you have a lot of the new street (5 or more) bulldoze the white piece.

MarkSP2

Mmm, I think the thing of TAB. I don't get anything when I push TAB. You mean the TAB key on my keyboard?

Diggis

Yes the TAB key on the keyboard should change the puzzle piece before you plop it

MarkSP2

I removed my older post because it works now. I deleted the older NAM files, and now it works. Thanks for helping me!

Maybe I may ask another question here? How can I get those roads in my game? I installed the file that is showed under the first picture on the page, but I don't see them in my game-menu by roads. Could someone help me? Thanks  :)

http://www.simcityplaza.de/content/view/406/172/

Andreas

That's the Rural Highway Mod, which is a separate NAM Plugin download.
Andreas

kassarc16

A question: Are GLR intersections planned in future releases? And will they only work for draggable GLR?

Diggis

Ummm, I'm not sure as Jason does RULs the SAM (pun intended) but I would like to think so.  And yes I think it would have to only be for the draggable.  Otherwise we would have to make another series of puzzle pieces for each SAM set.