• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplumbley

OK then... I guess you may have realized now that SAM version 3 is released.  You may also be wondering why in the readme it says you need the APRIL 2008 NAM and APRIL 2008 NAM Essentials files....  Well... Check your download history on the LEX  ::)
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

DeatzoSeol

Great! Wonderful! Especially that 'secret' function of Memo and Diggis :thumbsup: It's so much easier now to lay enormous SAM networks (hell, and even *diagonal* !!!)  $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Keep up the good work !

mong0ose

It's Wonderful !!  :thumbsup:

Thanks - !!
:: MONGOOOOSE ::

catty

Thanks, its great both the new NAM  &apls and also the SAM  :thumbsup:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

dragonshardz

Yay! Diagonal SAM! They said they weren't going to but they did! Hurray! Diggis and Memo, you guys ROCK!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
()flower() ()flower()  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

~~Dragonshardz~~

kassarc16

Awesome! You guys are sneaky, but great job to all the -AM teams!

Should we remove the side street mod that jeroni made for the SAM?

jplumbley

Quote from: kassarc16 on April 24, 2008, 10:26:42 PM
Awesome! You guys are sneaky, but great job to all the -AM teams!

Should we remove the side street mod that jeroni made for the SAM?

You dont *need* to.  Its not a conflict, just will add more varitions to the Network Props.  If you dont like a certain set having the MAXIS props you can remove the SAM - # - Type21 file.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

dedgren

The installation of the new SAM was followed by the first big 3RR aw-sh-t since my almost demise on the 12th of last month.

The $#@&! lampposts showed back up.

I have suppressed them in the past where zero wealth lots butt up against a street along with sidewalks with the two small .dats.  They are "load lasts"- that didn't change with respect to the updated SAM, which went the same place the old one did.

Any thoughts?  Shouldn't we just eliminate the lampposts and sidewalks as a matter of general common sense in rural areas?

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Diggis

Quote from: dragonshardz on April 24, 2008, 07:48:07 PM
Yay! Diagonal SAM! They said they weren't going to but they did! Hurray! Diggis and Memo, you guys ROCK!

A big thanks to Memo for working hard on the RUL's for that. 

And just to vindicate AJ and Bigslark yesterday, Yes that was diagonal SAM behind the buildings.  You picked up on it a little quick and I had to rearrange the furniture a little to take a second pic with the SAM off that street.  If you look carefully above the cathedral there is another SAM diagonal.   $%Grinno$%

Also if you go back to my last pics of the intersections I was working on with the warning signs, they are both diagonal intersections.  :P

Tarkus

David, if you look in your Network Addon Mod\Street Addon Mod\Textures folder, there should be a file called "SAM 4 - Type 21.dat".  If you remove that file, the streetlights should be gone.

Hope that helps!

-Alex

dedgren

Worked like a charm- I actually wound up just eliminating the 0x2A580000s (those pesky lampposts) from the no wealth exemplars and saving the modified .dat back with a -3RR at the end.

Thanks, Alex!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Andreas

That's even better indeed, David. :) Unfortunately, the game cannot distinguish ploppable lots like it can do with the various wealth levels for the zones. For the dirt and gravel streets, I changed the streetlights to the wooden pole ones for all wealth levels, including ploppables. I thought this makes sense if somebody wants to create a rural community. We'll have to see if people prefer streetlights next to ploppables, of if they rather like to get rid of them (as in your case). Maybe we could create a small mod that overrides the current T21's, in the same fashion like you did.
Andreas

memo

Yeah, but thanks a lot to you for your great work with the textures. That was probably the more difficult and more tedious part. ;)

EDGE4194

Alfred.Jones

Quote from: Diggis on April 24, 2008, 11:44:50 PM
And just to vindicate AJ and Bigslark yesterday, Yes that was diagonal SAM behind the buildings.  You picked up on it a little quick and I had to rearrange the furniture a little to take a second pic with the SAM off that street.  If you look carefully above the cathedral there is another SAM diagonal.   $%Grinno$%

Sorry :D I didn't know i wasn't supposed to notice it :P

I didn't notice the diagonal SAM behind the cathedral though ::)

You guys did an awesome job!

Sim City 4 Devotion

Diggis

Quote from: Alfred.Jones on April 25, 2008, 06:04:21 AM
Sorry :D I didn't know i wasn't supposed to notice it :P

I didn't notice the diagonal SAM behind the cathedral though ::)

You guys did an awesome job!

It's not that you weren't supposed to notice it, just not that fast.   $%Grinno$%

Alfred.Jones

Sim City 4 Devotion

DeatzoSeol

A question:
How can I combine two different SAM-streets (not separated by a road)? Whenever I try to combine two different textures, one of the two textures (which one is seemingly random) becomes unstable ... So yeah, is combination possible or not?

Thank you

jplumbley

Quote from: DeatzoSeol on April 26, 2008, 03:47:26 PM
A question:
How can I combine two different SAM-streets (not separated by a road)? Whenever I try to combine two different textures, one of the two textures (which one is seemingly random) becomes unstable ... So yeah, is combination possible or not?

Thank you

This is a limitation of the mod.  I cannot fix this, we are currently discussing possibilities to work around this issue and there are a couple of methods we can use, but they also have their pros and cons.  Hopefully, something will be worked out for SAM version 4 but I cannot gaurentee that for obvious reasons.

Street Addon Mod - SAM