• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

godjcjk12

I've been having problems with the asphalt texture. There are missing textures for some of the intersections - diagonal road and street, diagonal one-way and street, and road and street. Is this normal or can the problem be reversed. It's weird how its only this Sam texture that doesn't work.

Diggis

Could you post some screen shots.  It's possible that there is an error.  I have been going over all the textures fixing up errors that I have found, but it's very time consuming.  If you can post a Pic we can check that they will be fixed for the next version.

Actually, I think at least one of those is an known error that I found.  I got a number wrong in the diagonal road and street texture.  The others we'll check.

godjcjk12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

dragonshardz

ah, yes was going to bring this up. Also on the last picture, the sidewalk area sometimes shows up black and sometimes white. The first picture is, I think, just a glitch and can be fixed by dragging the SAM Texture one tile along the affected roadway.

~~Dragonshardz~~

jplumbley

Picture 1

This is a RUL Stability issue.  There are many cases of this and is most noticeable around the intersections.  I have not gone through and done every last piece of stability RULs, just the most very common ones, such as an intersection next to a Striaght piece or a 90 Turn piece.  So, this is technically not a glitch because we havent told the game to change that particular combination of textures to SAM textures.

Picture 2

This is a texture error that was missed and is fixed for SAM v3 which may not be too far away from release.  That particular texture used the wrong "Alpha Map" when inputted into the DAT.  You will also notice that there are 4way textures with SAM/Road intersections that show the wrong texture.  This is a Texture IID issue that was missed when inputting the textures.  A couple of those textures were given the wrong ID and they show up in the wrong position.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Heblem

thats a texture glitch in my road texture mod for to be sure

superhands

hey jplumbley and co. i was in LE the other day and stumbled across a great combination of road/street textures.
aka; the road textures  used in jes philips fertilizer plant:

the new "texture" is composed of a wide road base texture with a narrow road overlay texture  found in BSCTexturePack JES Vol01 (i think i'm correct)

0xfb770405  base texture

0xd4c0408a  overlay text

I propose that the set be part of the sam.
with jestarr's permission of course :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

Not a bad idea, bighead!

But that'd look more like a RHW-2 for the Euro mod, if you get my drift ;)

Anyway, what's missing would be the narrow streets that can be used for alleyways, etc.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Diggis

We have a couple of new textures up our sleeves for V4 (sorry not this time round) and we will be aiming to round out a few more with some help from the community.  Watch this space...  ()stsfd()

jplumbley

Quote from: bighead99999 on April 11, 2008, 07:35:26 AM

the new "texture" is composed of a wide road base texture with a narrow road overlay texture  found in BSCTexturePack JES Vol01 (i think i'm correct)

0xfb770405  base texture

0xd4c0408a  overlay text

I propose that the set be part of the sam.
with jestarr's permission of course :thumbsup:

Very cool idea.  We currently have about 3 slots left for SAM Street sets, so if this texture meets the minimum criteria for being turned into a SAM set then of course it can be if Jesstar would approve (I doubt that would e a problem though).  I see you have shown the Straight Piece for this set.  What I would like to know is there 4 more pieces.  What the minimum reqirement for a SAM set is:

Straight Piece (as shown)
90 Turn
End Piece
4way Intersection
T Intersection

If all 5 of those pieces exist it is definately possible to convert to a SAM set.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Starmanw402007

that texture looks cool Jp, Looking forward to using it in my cities.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

mightygoose

I dont think it looks realistic enough personally, if we are running out of slots i think we should be morepicky in our selections...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Jonathan

Quote from: mightygoose on April 12, 2008, 10:40:40 AM
I dont think it looks realistic enough personally, if we are running out of slots i think we should be morepicky in our selections...

Or we could just expand the number of slots ;)

Diggis

Quote from: Warrior on April 12, 2008, 11:00:02 AM
Or we could just expand the number of slots ;)

Don't.  For the love of god, don't...  $%Grinno$%

mightygoose

what is the absolute macimum number of slots attainable for the SAM??

jplumbley

SAM Structure:

SAM - 0 - unreserved
SAM - 1 - Parking Lots (will be moved to SAM Pedmalls, so this becomes unreserved)
SAM - 2 - Herringbone Streets
SAM - 3 - PEGs Dirt Road
SAM - 4 - PEGs Gravel Street
SAM - 5 - Trolocas Dirt Road
SAM - 6 - Hableurgs Hex Brick Streets
SAM - 7 - Hableurgs Asphalt Streets
SAM - 8 - Cobblestone Streets
SAM - 9 - Brick Streets
SAM - A - SFBT Sand Streets
SAM - B - Sandstone Streets
SAM - C - Cracked Streets
SAM - D - unreserved
SAM - E - Reserved for Pedmalls
SAM - F - Reserved for Pedmalls

Therefore after laying everything out, it seems there are 3 available sets left for use. Sets 0, 1 and D.  Sets E and F are being reserved for upto 16 possible sets of Pedmalls.  We have yet to start work on the Pedmalls and they will not be ready until SAM v4 or SAM v5, not sure how long it will take to get those up and running.  SAM sets 6, A, B and C are expected to be available for SAM v4.

SAM v3 is currently in testing and will be available when the next release of NAM is available.  We have a few major surprises that we are keeping under wraps for everyone.  Its a birthday present for the NAM Team, since April 2008 is the 4 year anniversary of the NAM.  So... be aware there will be no progress pictures for SAM v3 because of what has been added it a surprise to the community.

So everyone dance, be happy and lets celebrate the 4th Anniversary of NAM together!

Oh ya... EDIT:

The following link is to a new thread to discuss the final 3 sets of the SAM that are available.  We are going to allow the community to vote on the final sets.  We will not be doing the texture work on these sets, we've kinda had enough of the texture work as it is LOL.  So if you would like to contribute, post your idea for your own SAM texture set and the rest of the community will vote on which 3 will be included.

Of course, in the future if someone wants to replace a texture set it is completely viable.  Each set is in its own DAT file so it is easy to replace just the textures themselves.  You just will have to make sure you have the right IIDs.

Linkie = SAM - The Final Choices - Submission

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Diggis

Just on a side note, SAM is very customisable.  You will easily be able to create new textures to over write an existing set.  I've got a tutorial basically written which I will be uploading soon.

mightygoose

Quote from: Diggis on April 12, 2008, 01:07:20 PM
Just on a side note, SAM is very customisable.  You will easily be able to create new textures to over write an existing set.  I've got a tutorial basically written which I will be uploading soon.

now thats what i wanted to hear...

Starmanw402007

I'll have to agree with mightygoose and also say well done jp. Keep the great work. I'll sure will be using these in my newest city of Maxiston City.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat